• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are the stories in the games in the Indie Adventure pack? I've heard the most about Machinarium and Gemini Rue, but are the stories any good?

The story in Gemini Rue is pretty interesting, one of it's strong points. The story in Machinarium is okay but I wouldn't say that it's one of the draws to the game. It's more about the beautiful graphics, fun puzzles, quirky characters, and the overall world of the game. Not in that order, don't want to make it seem like the graphics are the best thing lol.

The story in Lume is alright, I guess. Nothing memorable. Tiny Bang Story doesn't really have a story, as it's mostly a hidden object game with some puzzles thrown in. I haven't played Jolly Rover fully so I can't comment on it.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Pity the games themselves aren't discounted; I own everything bar Diamond Dan.

Also, the last time we got a creatively-named indie pack, it turned out to be an elaborate Portal 2 ARG... but I doubt there's anything buried beneath the surface this time around.

Know what you can see from Holland sometimes?

Aurora BOREALIS

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Haven't played Rover

Jolly Rover is a like a B-version of Monkey Island with dogs instead of humans. I find it enjoyable but not spectacular. It avoided most of the major adventure game pratfalls. It does have this, which makes it awesome:
rzqpa.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ITSW was an interesting game for me. I played the demo, loved it, bought the game, finished it in a single butt-grinding session of 4.5 hours, really liked the game for the most part, posted about it on GAF a few days later that I liked it well enough, and the more time that passes since I've played the game, the less I remember it and the less I remember liking it.

If you're on the fence and don't really like the price or the GFWL stuff, just skip the game. Even in my post-playthrough high, I wouldn't have characterized it was a "must play".

Ledsen

ITSW was an interesting game for me. I played the demo, loved it, bought the game, finished it in a single butt-grinding session of 4.5 hours, really liked the game for the most part, posted about it on GAF a few days later that I liked it well enough, and the more time that passes since I've played the game, the less I remember it and the less I remember liking it.

If you're on the fence and don't really like the price or the GFWL stuff, just skip the game. Even in my post-playthrough high, I wouldn't have characterized it was a "must play".

I'd summarize as fast-food gaming: pretty and without any serious flaws, keeping a high enough pace to keep you from quitting, but ultimately devoid of any depth or truly menorable moments.

And when you're done, you fart, and suddenly you're all hungry again.

Card Boy

Banned
Max Payne 3, now price gouged to $89 here in Australia. I feel like saying something bannable. I guess I will have to think about getting someone from UK Gaf to help me.

pax217

Had a random password change request e-mail from Steam this morning while I was in the office... so someone is trying to get into my account... any suggestions on where to go from here?

Had a random password change request e-mail from Steam this morning while I was in the office... so someone is trying to get into my account... any suggestions on where to go from here?

Verify your email address through Steam if you haven't already.
Enable Steam guard if you haven't already.
Change your Steam and email passwords and make sure they're not the same.

pax217

Cool. I've done all three already so if that's the best I can do, I'm not worried.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I'd add "Consider downloading a password manager like LastPass, KeePass or 1Password and generating unique 20+ character passwords for every website you go on."

These are actual passwords I've used for sites that I don't use anymore:
c*n%5#N3Y2dPTSMn
bVZX$$LDtqGgzxy#Vrh%MYhcW37&kDM

Koroviev

Max Payne 3, now price gouged to $89 here in Australia. I feel like saying something bannable. I guess I will have to think about getting someone from UK Gaf to help me.

I feel so bad for you guys in Australia. I don't even know if I'd play games if they were that expensive :(

I'd add "Consider downloading a password manager like LastPass, KeePass or 1Password and generating unique 20+ character passwords for every website you go on."

These are actual passwords I've used for sites that I don't use anymore:
c*n%5#N3Y2dPTSMn
bVZX$$LDtqGgzxy#Vrh%MYhcW37&kDM

Bingo. Pick a couple and change a few of the digits every so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom