• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafiend

If your card works for any internet purchases then you're good to go. I'm from Monterrey and I'm using Google's HQ address with my usual card. Voilá. :p

All very well trying to be clever. Might be better to use a an address in a state with no sales tax tho. I think Google is in California which is 7.25% tax?

Edit: I wonder just how many of Amazons customers live at Google or Microsoft HQ.

camerooni

Neo Member
Yes. I posted a post in the EYE thread a couple weeks back. The devs have being working on content for quite awhile.

Sweet.. I really hope the UI is getting a good do over.. other than that.. looking forward to it, there's nothing on their page about it, but I guess there's some stuff around the forums? Known changes out there?

Blizzard

Banned
So played the SOL: Exodus demo last night, yeah I'll wait for it to go 75% off. It's fun but it didn't make me jump for joy.
I didn't really have time to grab the demo, so I just bought it. I viewed it as "donating $5 to the cause of space combat games in general", but it's sad that a game that fits in that rare category is then lack-lustre. I wonder why it's so rare/difficult to do well?

I didn't really have time to grab the demo, so I just bought it. I viewed it as "donating $5 to the cause of space combat games in general", but it's sad that a game that fits in that rare category is then lack-lustre. I wonder why it's so rare/difficult to do well?

I don't know why. Saying its an indie dev isn't much anymore either. I found the lack of a third person camera to be a big dissappointment since the models look nice and that view would help with some of the issues I had with the controls. The genre is very poorly represented lately which is very very sad.

MNC

Ive got a really big hankering for soaseRebellion all of a sudden; and x3. Bring on the space games!

Does anyone else find themselves in moments of epifany about their backlog, thinking "fuck yes! Im gonna play games and diminish my backlog!"? :D
Only to go back to browsing gaf in an hour

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Everyone says MW2's multiplayer is broken yet people keep playing it for some reason.

The match-making is just really slow if you are alone. If you party up it seems to go a lot faster and a lot of people on PC (clans) seem to roll as a party.

Also, people really fucking enjoy COD.

AlexBasch

All very well trying to be clever. Might be better to use a an address in a state with no sales tax tho. I think Google is in California which is 7.25% tax?

Edit: I wonder just how many of Amazons customers live at Google or Microsoft HQ.
I always get the exact sale price at Amazon, never get any taxes or anything.

Just realized Risen 2 comes in 2 weeks! Risen was one of my favorite RPGs 'last gen". I just know it will inevitably go on sale within a month of its release. The question is will I play it before it goes on sale... #steamproblems

Edit. Just realized it is on sale at greenmangaming 20% off. Anyone know if it is steamworks?

Nabs

They added another Indie Pack to the registry. It has Greed Corp, Diamond Dan, Swords and Soldiers HD, Serious Sam TRE, Toki Tori, Rush, and Edge. You get a gift of Diamond Dan if you already own it. Something may be brewing over in Steam-land.

Edit: If you missed it:

There's also an Indie Adventure Pack w/ Gemini Rue, Jolly Rover, Tiny Bang Story, Machinarium and Lume.

louiedog

They added another Indie Pack to the registry. It has Greed Corp, Diamond Dan, Swords and Soldiers HD, Serious Sam TRE, Toki Tori, Rush, and Edge. Something may be brewing over in Steam-land.

Damn bundles. I had to go go check Steam to see which of those I actually own. As expected, it's most of them.

Wok

They added another Indie Pack to the registry. It has Greed Corp, Diamond Dan, Swords and Soldiers HD, Serious Sam TRE, Toki Tori, Rush, and Edge. You get a gift of Diamond Dan if you already own it. Something may be brewing over in Steam-land.

It could be for the launch of Toki Tori 2.

The GMG pre-order comes with the pre-order DLC too supposedly.

It does, but it's not automatic. They have separate store pages for the base game and the DLC. When you buy the base game, your order receipt will come with a voucher code. You have to go back to the GMG site and add the DLC to your cart and then apply the voucher to reduce it's price from to 10$ to free. Then you 'buy' the DLC and get it as a separate order from the base game.

Milchmann

Obviously the packs are for the Steam Linux launch.

Here's what you get for Max Payne 3 pre-order:

Pre-Purchase now and receive a copy of Max Payne 1 and 2 to play now in addition to the following DLC at launch!

Classic Multiplayer Character Pack

Contains eight playable multiplayer characters for Max Payne 3 Multiplayer, including fan favorites from the original Max Payne and Max Payne 2 like Max Payne from Max Payne 2, Mona Sax and Vladimir Lem.

Disorderly Conduct Multiplayer Weapons Pack

Includes the Hammerhead Auto Shotgun, G9 Grenade Launcher and Molotov cocktail for Max Payne 3 Multiplayer.

Pill Bottle Item

This loadout item provides you with the capacity to carry extra painkillers - helping you survive longer amidst the killing fields of online multiplayer.

Max Payne Retro Avatar

Customize your multiplayer avatar with this Classic Max Payne Character inspired by the original Max Payne.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/204100/

Not yet updated with price and add to cart button.

louiedog

Midweek Madness is an Indie Adventure Pack

news post

The link doesn't seem to be working yet though.

The Indie Adventure Pack includes:
The Tiny Bang Story
Lume
Jolly Rover
Machinarium
Gemini Rue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom