• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Ever since the winter sale Steam has been acting awful. Slow to load, and sometimes I have to restart for games to work. Is there anything I should do?

Blizzard

Banned
Ever since the winter sale Steam has been acting awful. Slow to load, and sometimes I have to restart for games to work. Is there anything I should do?
Yell at them for having server problems since (and during) the winter sale. I fear for if they reach a point where just adding more servers doesn't work, and they have to actually change communication stuff inside the infrastructure.

IAmMonodi

I've got no problems besides some lame slow downs, but I am sure those are because of my WiFi connection. So maybe it's your PC? (???)

jediyoshi

Selling a Saints Row 3 key with a Genki key for $20
Also got a Borderlands GOTY key for $5
PM if interested

edit: both taken

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam itself has been functioning just fine for me, though I have noticed that the Steam forums still spit out instantaneous database errors on occasion.

Twinduct

keenest

Bejeweled 3 Lighting Mode is like digital crack. I've been playing it for quite some time now, but just can't break the million point banner. Maybe with my next game I will. It is the beguiling mixture of bright visuals and killer sound which pulls you in.

I've also seen Youtube video's where guys are using bots to play the Lightning Mode, racking up scores of 16 million and more. Why you would do this I don't know.

Ice Storm is also fun mode to play.

Sophuis

Neo Member
DUSTFORCE..? Acrobatic Janitor, cleaning levels while beating the shit out of dustbunnies..?

That's fucking genius.

MUST CLENCH MY WALLET MUSCLES!

masterkajo

After the winter sale I had a little bit of time and decided to freshly install my PC. Just now I reinstalled steam and luckily all my cathegories are still there... but there are no icons next to my games (Detailed View). Is this due to a steam update? Or is this a bug? Any idea how to fix? (Already tried installing new, deleting blob, starting several times, installing games...)

Zizbuka

Banned
After the winter sale I had a little bit of time and decided to freshly install my PC. Just now I reinstalled steam and luckily all my cathegories are still there... but there are no icons next to my games (Detailed View). Is this due to a steam update? Or is this a bug? Any idea how to fix? (Already tried installing new, deleting blob, starting several times, installing games...)

Click the little + at the top right of the categories, show icons.

mrgone

Man, Bejeweled 3 is dangerously addictive...

When the 24th century rolls around and future Ashley Judd is tempting future Wil Wheaton into getting his brain scrambled by vidya games, it's going to be fucking Bejeweled that's playing on those stupid laser goggles.

Hmmmm...I might bite. F.E.A.R. is one of my favorite games ever, but I haven't bothered with either of the sequels. If the gunplay is anywhere near is good as the first game it might be worth the six bucks.

I was in the similar situation a few pages ago...

People told me not to waste my money.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I heard the Fear 3 multiplayer community is dead.

I probably most certainly wouldn't have touched it anyways. But it sounds like my money, and more importantly my time, would be better spent on something else, like a FEAR 1 extreme mode replay. I'll wait for the inevitable $2.50 sale.

Card Boy

Banned
I got a -50% off Magic: The Gathering 2012 coupon from the Holiday sale (aka the true summer sale), can i use it on the Deck Pack DLCs? If so, then how?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I got a -50% off Magic: The Gathering 2012 coupon from the Holiday sale (aka the true summer sale), can i use it on the Deck Pack DLCs? If so, then how?

Add them to your cart, if it works the coupon will get added automagically.

Derrick01

Banned
Has anyone else been having weird issues with d3d overrider? Today it's only worked about half the times I've turned my computer on, like I would play something and that little sound wouldn't happen and then I'd notice the tearing. It's never given me any problems and I don't tinker with it so I have no idea what's going on.

Has anyone else been having weird issues with d3d overrider? Today it's only worked about half the times I've turned my computer on, like I would play something and that little sound wouldn't happen and then I'd notice the tearing. It's never given me any problems and I don't tinker with it so I have no idea what's going on.

I only had problems with it and almost never got it to work right, so I stopped using it completely.

Derrick01

Banned
d3d has been doing fine here. Just remember to close your browser before launching it.

what happens if you don't? I've used it for over a year, it starts with the computer and I just leave the program alone all day. This is the first kind of issue I've had but it seems to work again if I do a full restart.

Nabs

what happens if you don't? I've used it for over a year, it starts with the computer and I just leave the program alone all day. This is the first kind of issue I've had but it seems to work again if I do a full restart.

Forget my post. That's for people who don't have it on Startup. I don't know what's going on with your setup, I've never had a problem with d3d before. Good luck.

1-D_FTW

I've had issues with D3D before, but I just assumed I played a string of games that were incompatible with it, because the problems disappeared and haven't returned.

Are these games you know work with D3Doverider?

Derrick01

Banned
I've had issues with D3D before, but I just assumed I played a string of games that were incompatible with it, because the problems disappeared and haven't returned.

Are these games you know work with D3Doverider?

Yeah I only tried the old republic which it works on and something else that I knew for 100% fact used it (human revolution in this case) today and it wasn't working in either. I even saw the tearing in HR but it worked when I restarted my computer. I guess I'll just wait a few days and monitor what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom