• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

F.e.a.r. 3. is a really bad game, it's not even developed by the Monolith team, the co-op modes did have some clever idea's but the likely-hood of anyone playing is pretty low, heck it's not even listed on Steam stats.

If the Multiplayer is anything like F.E.A.R. 2 you should avoid it at all cost. (1 hit sniper rifles with no recoil/no sway ...... wth?)

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
F.e.a.r. 3. is a really bad game, it's not even developed by the Monolith team, the co-op modes did have some clever idea's but the likely-hood of anyone playing is pretty low, heck it's not even listed on Steam stats.

If the Multiplayer is anything like F.E.A.R. 2 you should avoid it at all cost. (1 hit sniper rifles with no recoil/no sway ...... wth?)
It's not bad, it's just not a classic like the original. It's one of the only FPSs I've played that has a good cover system. The firefights are intense and the AI isn't completely braindead like it is in most shooters on the market right now. Multi is mostly co-op and the modes are interesting enough.

The graphics are pretty bad though. Not sure what happened there.

InertiaXr

its gotta be worth the $6 right?

i mean, i've bought hamburgers that almost cost that much and were gone in 5 minutes. :p

Games this cheap get into situations where the price isn't so much a deciding factor, as is the time involved in playing it. Even if it was free, would you rather play FEAR 3 over whatever else you already have?

Oreoleo

its gotta be worth the $6 right?

i mean, i've bought hamburgers that almost cost that much and were gone in 5 minutes. :p

Sure, pretty much anyone can swing $6. The better question is if it's worth the time investment to play it when there are much better games out there.

^^^I should have really read that last post before replying. Oh well, probably worth saying a second time anyway.

Blizzard

Banned
D3D introduces horrible input lag, which makes it useless for most fps games. Is there a way to fix that?
You have triple buffering turned on in D3D as well, right? And you turn vsync and triple buffering off in the game itself, assuming the game allows that?

I think it was a mistake buying Dragon Age Origins. Combat in the game is so fucking boring. I absolutely hate point + click combat. All I do is sit there and watch the slow attack animations, and occasionally hit a hot key.

Lucky me, Steam won't bother to launch and keeps saying there is a network error on their servers...

Too bad I can't play any of the games I bought offline for now... *goes to Minecraft*

Oreoleo

The only time I've really had offline mode work was when I was already online and connected to Steam, my internet connection went down for a couple hours and I was able to switch to offline mode and still play my games. So it's not really as useful as the name implies. Unless there's something to it I'm not familiar with.

In my experience, offline mode doesn't work if you lose access to the network unexpectedly. For example, if you shut down your computer while logged into Steam's online mode, then offline mode won't be usable unless you're able to log into Steam again, then manually exit the program. Basically, you need to have the clairvoyance to anticipate network outages if you want to use Steam's offline mode. If the Steam network goes down or you lose your internet connection while you're logged into Steam online, then I don't think you'll be able to access your games through offline mode. Some people have suggested that removing the ethernet cable from your computer might enable you to open Steam with offline mode in the event that your internet connection is lost.

Xanathus

FEAR 3 is worth buying for 6 bucks if you can round up a friend to play co-op with you, or 3 others for the multiplayer modes. The game is actually multiplayer focused, similar to L4D.

Mechazawa

Holy shit, they made Dust Force into a full game?

I remember playing the original concept or demo or whatever it was and being disappointed it wasn't a full product.

The only information that searching for Project Ranger turns up deals with the Power Rangers series. Is there some sort of title based on the franchise that is currently being made?

There is a chance that it could be the game called Ranger though: http://youtu.be/lTdp2E4Rn0E It came out last year though and it looks to be free.

There is a chance that it could be a game based on the Army Rangers. The US government has already used Steam for two of their titles (America's Army and the NASA Space game), so I would assume they'll continue using it for any future games that they make.

Oreoleo

I just noticed that if you go to your full list of games on your Comunity profile, you can sort by time played now. Is that new?

Oreoleo

It's huge for me too. And it would be so much worse on that screen if it actually counted that first year or two. I played easily double what I have on there now in that time.

Hah, no kidding. It's too bad time tracking is a relatively new feature. It would be nice to see where HL2, EP2 and whatnot fall on the list. Not to mention the one or two summers I lost to Day of Defeat way back when. Oh well.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Speaking of TF2 and too many damn hours played, I had no idea they added a sort by playtime / name option now under your all games tab. Was this implemented with the last update, or has it been there for awhile now?

That's definitely new. Very neat, I was hoping they would do this. It's also a good way to track unplayed games.

Echoplx

This can't be good

0BNcQ.png

So is anyone interested in trading for a gift copy of The Longest Journey/Dreamfall Pack, The Orange Box, or Serious Sam HD 1? I'll consider almost anything I don't own--within reason! Please refrain from offering $1 games, or games with a 39 Metacritic...--including monetary offers, ie "I'll gift a game worth X dollars for it".

mannerbot

So is anyone interested in trading for a gift copy of The Longest Journey/Dreamfall Pack, The Orange Box, or Serious Sam HD 1? I'll consider almost anything I don't own--within reason! Please refrain from offering $1 games, or games with a 39 Metacritic...--including monetary offers, ie "I'll gift a game worth X dollars for it".

Are you interested in Blocks That Matter? I'd like Dreamfall.

66% off Modern Warfare 2 coupon for Longest Journey/Dreamfall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom