• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catshade

Does the daily change?

Here are the daily deals:

1 - 70% off Football Manager 2012
2 - 75% off Total War Empire & Total War Napoleon GOTY Edition
3 - 80% off Alpha Protocol
4 - 66% off Renegade Ops
5 - 75% off Total War Shogun 2
6 - 75% off Aliens vs Predator
7 - 80% off SEGA Dreamcast Collection

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I didn't notice there were daily deals, but yeah, I'd guess so. Might grab Sonic Generations if shows up as 70% off.

Wait, you're telling me I shouldn't have bought Sonic CD for 2,50 because it might come up as a daily?

Bummer.

Here are the daily deals:

1 - 70% off Football Manager 2012
2 - 75% off Total War Empire & Total War Napoleon GOTY Edition
3 - 80% off Alpha Protocol
4 - 66% off Renegade Ops
5 - 75% off Total War Shogun 2
6 - 75% off Aliens vs Predator
7 - 80% off SEGA Dreamcast Collection

Those are the daily deals today or are they the daily deals for the week?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Wait, you're telling me I shouldn't have bought Sonic CD for 2,50 because it might come up as a daily?

Bummer.

Those are the daily deals today or are they the daily deals for the week?

The week. Your 1.50 is safe!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Since when did Steam start caring about what the useless ESRB thinks. There are plenty of games (particularly indie ones like LIMBO) being sold on Steam with no rating.

Because games that do have ESRB ratings have rules that must be followed. Stores selling boxed copies of games that have been rated by the ESRB can be fined if they disregard the age checks.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
There is actually a free online demo, too: http://docs.google.com.

Select spreadsheet.

shocked_fans_omg1uzxu.gif

wutwutwut

I'm a programmer but I STILL don't feel like the game is similar to programming as much as it's similar to VHDL (very-high-speed-integrated-circuit hardware description language) or VLSI (very large scale integration) design. I feel like it's weird to think of things in a programming sense unless there is some trick to doing a for/while loop N number of times. I did notice that you can use instructions twice in two different directions, but I figure that's the limit? I can only imagine how daunting the game will get later on.
Usually you form the equivalent of a while (true) event loop. It's also rather functional in the sense that there isn't that much state -- just toggled switches IIRC. You can get the waldos to interact in weird and often unpredictable ways if you try to optimize a lot, but it's still an integer number of steps for each waldo so it'll always be periodic, hence ultimately similar to an event loop.

I actually like what they are doing with the story pages. I'm curious to see what happens later on. The game is presumably educational in terms of learning molecule names, also.
Eh, not really, given that scientists use IUPAC systematic names for almost all organic molecules. The exceptions (basic molecules) are rare enough that you can learn them by heart in a week.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I wanted to make it a palindrome guys, but I failed.

You can tell I failed because I didn't even attempt it.

Edit: To be clear: I'm just playing around. I have too big of a backlog filled with games I will literally never, ever play to pass judgement.

Blizzard

Banned
NOT ENOUGH TIME FOR DEMO

TIME ENOUGH FOR FULL GAME
I think it's more like the situation I may have had myself -- a game is only on sale for the day, and you think the game looks cool, but you are working/studying/whatever so late you don't even really have time or access to download and play a demo in that 24-hour period.

Nabs

I wanted to make it a palindrome guys, but I failed.

You can tell I failed because I didn't even attempt it.

Edit: To be clear: I'm just playing around. I have too big of a backlog filled with games I will literally never, ever play to pass judgement.

Your avatar says otherwise.

Registry stuffs: Analogue OST. Cubemen 2-pack. Dirt Demo tomorrow. Futuremark is putting 3DMark11 on Steam.

Rapstah

Your avatar says otherwise.

Registry stuffs: Analogue OST. Cubemen 2-pack. Dirt Demo tomorrow. Futuremark is putting 3DMark11 on Steam.

Great, about time 3DMark ends up on some common platform.

As I was writing this post someone smashed a window on my apartment building, what the fuck.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh, so it's crap? :(

I think it's more like the situation I may have had myself -- a game is only on sale for the day, and you think the game looks cool, but you are working/studying/whatever so late you don't even really have time or access to download and play a demo in that 24-hour period.

Yeah this :p

If the sale lasts longer than 1 day, I can try out the demo, but sadly that isn't the case.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/7864/

Weeklong Sale - Morrowind and Oblivion, 50% off!

In celebration of the 10th Anniversary of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, take 50% off Morrowind and Oblivion all week long on Steam*!

An epic, open-ended single-player RPG, Morrowind allows you to create and play any kind of character imaginable. You can choose to follow the main storyline and find the source of the evil blight that plagues the land, or set off on your own to explore strange locations and develop your character based on their actions throughout the game.

*Offer ends Monday, May 7th at 10AM Pacific Time

Makes them both $10 usd.

Weeklong sale on Morrowind and Oblivion? Some kind of hint for the Skyrim DLC?

Oh, derp, or maybe just the anniversary thing. One can dream.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
My damn coupon expired like 2 months ago. I would buy it but I don't think there's any coupons out there for the ES games :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom