• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 II - ITT we buy $1 games and complain about them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zia

The cards are much cooler than the badges. I'm just going to stockpile the cards instead of crafting them, and look through them whenever I'm sad.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ok, now I just need to get some sort of Invite. I pushed the button 3 minutes ago, but still haven't gotten one. This is an outrage and is unacceptable.

So did anyone get one yet? It says they sent them out to the first 1000 and they're at 4000 members already.

A valve employee said they just need to make sure the invites are working before they send out more so it sounds like it will be a very fast roll out.

HoosTrax

I could barely handle the Summer and Winter Sale metagames. Now it's permanent metagames, every day.

I just hope they do this stuff for indie and smaller games, and not just the AAA games like Skyrim which don't need more promotion.

KingKong

I'm reading trhough this and it's just so weird. So for participating games, you get half the cards from drops in game, and half by trading

once you get a set, you can craft it into a badge
badges level you up and give you rewards
rewards are either for your account only (friends list upgrade) or marketable like smileys and backgrounds

this is so weird

Zia

I could barely handle the Summer and Winter Sale metagames. Now it's permanent metagames, every day.

I just hope they do this stuff for indie and smaller games, and not just the AAA games like Skyrim which don't need more promotion.

Don't Starve is the only non-Valve launch title.

Edit: And yeah, for whatever reason (seems like convoluted frivolousness to me), this will be a Humble-esque golden ticket for the indies that get in early.

Chronoja

I'm reading trhough this and it's just so weird. So for participating games, you get half the cards from drops in game, and half by trading

once you get a set, you can craft it into a badge
badges level you up and give you rewards
rewards are either for your account only (friends list upgrade) or marketable like smileys and backgrounds

this is so weird

Is it really going to be about participating though? Will those that idle 24/7 in tf2 for example not be accruing these cards passively along with all their other drops?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
kZnnrnN.png

Awww yussss

you have 10? Man I joined on Sept 12th 2003 and it says 9 for me :<

e: gonna level up my pillar of community, I think I'm almost at a level 2

Yeah, I meant in Sept. I don't think anyone has 10 yet.

jediyoshi

Must buy sanctum 2. Something real feel-goody about it on steam to me

already got the beta... i'm level 11

Same. Looks like a lot of the badges aren't activated yet though.

Most people on my friends list look like they're hovering around 5 for now

n8

Unconfirmed Member
I'm curious how cards drop, also considering that they can be sold on the market.

Edit: seems like the friend list is ordered by level on profile pages, heh.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know, does it?

You act like you've never heard people complain about "clean" art before. I know I'm not making this up. People often misjudge minimalist art as boring, I know this happens.
Of course I did, but saying that everyone who complains about the art style of a particular game loves dirty, gritty and brown games (or only plays CoD) is delusional at best, and stupid at worst. It's part of what makes the Steam forums unreadable.

Mairu

There's already cards up on the market... Wonder if I should just leave the games running while I'm at work since it's just based off playtime.

The fuck is wrong with these guys, they want me to play my games?

I also note a new step can be added to the Steam thread cycle: people posting their level.
(I'm 12 and don't know what it means)

I'm going to complain about every little thing that stinks.

1. I'm sorry I lost my old CS account and five years ago made this one :( Now I'm missing out on xp that means so much in this world.

2. Give me xp for owned games please thank you.

3. Half the stuff for the community badge isn't working right now.

cicero

Looks like Amazon Tony gave out the unformatted spreadsheet of games to be included in the upcoming Amazon sale, 1384 games on sale to be precise, to three people to help with the formatting. Should be seeing info on it sometime today. Sale starts on Tony's birthday tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom