• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something must be wrong with me, I spent 30 minutes on a single level of Super Meat Boy and now to cool my head off I'm going to play some La-Mulana. I guess the next step is some Abyss Raid mode in Revelaitons if I don't understand shit to some puzzle.

Grief.exe

can someone invite me to Neogaf steam group please

user name is aeschylus

um

Ml9h3nT.png

Atomski

Traded in a bunch of games (nearly all except the couple I apparently left the discs in the console =/) Come back with 170$ in Steam Credit. I'm happy.

o,o!

I should totally do this as well before the steam sale.... I never play my consoles anymore.

Bluth54

It wouldn't make much sense for Microsoft to not allow retail keys to register on Steam if the intention is indeed to move from GFWL to Steamworks.

Well Valve has to agree to it as well.

The only case I can think of where Valve allowed keys to be added on Steam after the fact was that the only way you could get into the Warhammer Dawn of War 2 beta was by buying one of the Dawn of War expansions and they let people register those keys on Steam so people could get into the beta which was only on Steam.

I suppose that if Microsoft does shut down GFWL I could see Valve taking retail GFWL keys for games that switch to Steamworks.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'm having this error message where it "Can't connect to the Steam servers or the internet" and I've had to do 2 uninstalls and reinstalls. It works after I reinstall everything. But after a while it does it again. I've used Steam for years and its never done this to me. I even changed where I downloaded from (did that multiple times in the past). But this its the first time is rejected connecting to the server completely.

I read numerous things online. I'm connected now, but I don't even know where to begin if it does it again. I'm trying to download one of my games (had to delete like 40 GB worth because I didn't copy the steamapps file) and then run it in offline mode.

This pisses me off because its just now doing this after years and 300+ games I have are stored on Steam. It wants to freeze too. Has anyone around here had this problem in the past?

All the Steam forums have these suggestions. Why isn't there just one freaking solution to a problem? My PC is more than capable than handling this software. I run an i7 processor, a 660 ti, 1 TB, a 500 gb, a 256 GB SSD, and 6 gb of ram. I hate these small stupid errors. Like deleting small stupid files.

theytookourjobz

Something must be wrong with me, I spent 30 minutes on a single level of Super Meat Boy and now to cool my head off I'm going to play some La-Mulana. I guess the next step is some Abyss Raid mode in Revelaitons if I don't understand shit to some puzzle.

Recently looked at the steam achievements for SMB and immediately felt like less of a man.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
How does Halos AI hold up on the PC versions of Halo 1 and 2 ? FEAR 1 and the Halo series have always been my favourite FPS AI wise but whilst I know FEARs AI is still bloody great with mouse and k/b is it still a challenge with Halo on PC ? Though I suppose you could use controllers if you want.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
How does Halos AI hold up on the PC versions of Halo 1 and 2 ? FEAR 1 and the Halo series have always been my favourite FPS AI wise but whilst I know FEARs AI is still bloody great with mouse and k/b is it still a challenge with Halo on PC ? Though I suppose you could use controllers if you want.

How is the quality of AI tied to the handicap of the control input? Challenge is based more around the difficulty you select and legendary is still present on PC.

Halo 2 was frankly pretty bad as a single player game. But when Gearbox ported CE, I remember an interview where they commented that they thought tweaking the AI would be necessary, but found simply removing the aim assist for mouse input provided a similar experience that it wasn't required.

As a person who played a whole lot of Halo CE's PC port, I think the AI is still great.

Just pre-ordered Shadowrun Returns. Hope it won't disappoint.

Why not wait until it's released and see what the general consensus is. Why hope when you can wait and walk into the purchase informed. Does it matter if you save two bucks on a game that may end up being kind of awful?

I almost pre-ordered it myself and have pre-ordered games on Steam in the past when there's enough of a discount and numerous bonuses to offset that potential suckitude (like Red Faction Armageddon giving me every other Red Faction as well as a TF2 item) but ultimately I've found it's just not worth it. Too many lemons or, worse, a terrible port. If you want to save some cash you can always buy the game, if it's good, later in a sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well Valve has to agree to it as well.

Sure, but it's a moot point as there's no reason why Valve would prevent a publisher from making keys retroactively Steam-redeemable, especially if the game in question is belatedly utilising Steamworks.

The only case I can think of where Valve allowed keys to be added on Steam after the fact was that the only way you could get into the Warhammer Dawn of War 2 beta was by buying one of the Dawn of War expansions and they let people register those keys on Steam so people could get into the beta which was only on Steam.

Company of Heroes is a more recent example. I don't think this not being common practice is due to Valve discouraging it but instead that most publishers simply don't bother.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
How is the quality of AI tied to the handicap of the control input?

I guess I phrased that wrongly so apologies for that. I'm thinking more in terms of movement rather than cleverness, you are using mouse and keyboard right so you have pinpoint razor accuracy. Halo was initially designed around the player using a controller so are the enemies still a challenge to fight against whilst using M/KB basically ?

Halo 2 was frankly pretty bad as a single player game. But when Gearbox ported CE, I remember an interview where they commented that they thought tweaking the AI would be necessary, but found simply removing the aim assist for mouse input provided a similar experience that it wasn't required.

As a person who played a whole lot of Halo CE's PC port, I think the AI is still great.

Thanks man, I'm not surprised. Halo 1 at least is still damn awesome even now. I really hope the trilogy does come to PC, I admittedly would probably buy them all instantly.

Overdoziz

Banned
I guess I phrased that wrongly so apologies for that. I guess I'm thinking more in terms of movement rather than cleverness, you are using mouse and keyboard right so you have pinpoint razor accuracy. Halo was initially designed around the player using a controller so are the enemies still a challenge to fight against whilst using M/KB basically ?

Thanks man, I'm not surprised. Halo 1 at least is still damn awesome even now. I really hope the trilogy does come to PC, I admittedly would probably buy them all instantly.
Halo feels so wrong with a keyboard and mouse.

PriitV

Codemasters should retroactively add their game keys to steam, i just have some GFWL keys lying around, waiting to be forgotten and lost.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I'm away for a day and NeoGAF's all...different. :/
Anyhow. Those Offspring fling timetrials are hard! Some of the gold ones are possible, but the devtimes are absolutely crazy.

And someone bought my Brütal Legend Booster Pack I put up for 2.00 euro's last Friday. Yay. ^_^
Pretty happy with my Offspring Fling badge. Trading is fun. :) Now I want Psychonauts cards. Or Civilization!

cicero

Man the offspring fling cards are pretty worthless. The question is should I wait and hope the price goes up a bit or just sell them quickly before the beta ends.
Can't say the same thing for Offspring Fling! emoticons. :pinkheart: was selling well at about $2 and suddenly I noticed that someone had bought most of them up and I quickly relisted at around $5 and just had mine sold. So great.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I wondered how PC Halo could of been. Frankly, putting a port on PC wouldn't be a bad idea. It would compete with other shooters on PC like COD.

I personally liked running through the campaign of the original CE. But I could live my entire life without playing another Halo. I sure would.

Haven't actually played Halo 2 Vista. Heard it was pretty horrendous, though.

I bought from retail I couple weeks ago, its actually a okay port but I find the game lacking tho, the game looks like crap (but what can you expect from a xbox game) it feels so slow and clunky compared to modern FPS (Is Halo supposed to be that?) and multi is sorta dead (when I played a little bit today there was one server with 3 people.

Overdoziz

Banned
I wondered how PC Halo could of been. Frankly, putting a port on PC wouldn't be a bad idea. It would compete with other shooters on PC like COD.

I personally liked running through the campaign of the original CE. But I could live my entire life without playing another Halo. I sure would.
Even just putting Halo 1 and 2 up for digital purchase would be great. Doesn't even have to be on Steam.
I bought from retail I couple weeks ago, its actually a okay port but I find the game lacking tho, the game looks like crap (but what can you expect from a xbox game) it feels so slow and clunky compared to modern FPS (Is Halo supposed to be that?) and multi is sorta dead (when I played a little bit today there was one server with 3 people.
It can be pretty fast depending on what you play. 4v4 on small maps with Battle Rifle starts is to me Halo at its best and makes for pretty fast paced gameplay.
Also, even the Halo PC demo has far more people playing than Halo 2 Vista. Such a shitty port.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm not particularly concerned about Halo showing up on Steam, but I'd like for someone at Microsoft to spend five minutes sending Valve the DD version of Gears' PC port. Bonus points would be awarded if GFWL were patched out in favour of Steamworks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom