• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

73V3N

Banned
So from that "getloadedgo" website, the best deal is Dishonored + Fallout NV, right?

Or do I need to play Fallout 3 before New Vegas?

Here's some quick and dirty screenshots I took.

a5JD1L1l.jpg

BfV6Bvcl.jpg

u2wdFIWl.jpg

Its a preview on what we might be getting.

cicero

Ohhhhhh. I said to myself not to buy anything until the sale but Patrick and Vinny are close to swaying me. The genelogical stuff looks mental. What's £6 right?

Three $3 games on GOG, that is what. At least that is what I was telling myself. I will just have to buy Strike Commander, Clive Barker's Undying, and System Shock 2 anyway.

Dr Dogg

Three $3 games on GOG, that is what. At least that is what I was telling myself. I will just have to buy Strike Commander, Clive Barker's Undying, and System Shock 2 anyway.

Very true. Though these days I seam to grabbing more stuff on GOG than is added. That and my shelf OCD means I only buy 5 items at a time (it has to be neat and tidy!).

Just beat Bioshock 2. Was pretty pleasantly surprised with how awesome a bookend it was to the first game. While it may never be considered the best in the series, it's probably the funnest game in the series to play. Bioshock 2 easily has the best combat in the series.

Bioshock 2's story integrates itself well and compliments the story of the first, they did an awesome job of injecting all of these new characters and new story into the lore of Rapture. You even get to visit numerous locations mentioned in the lore of the first Bioshock that you never got to see like The Little Sisters Orphanage or Fontaine Futuristics, which I thought was pretty cool. I was kind of dreading a retread of all the old environments from the first game but instead they just fleshed out more of Rapture and did a pretty awesome job of it.

They did an excellent job of paying homage to the first Bioshock.

Edit: I think I'll install and play through Alan Wake next.

I have yet to buy anything from GOG because I still feel negatively about their marketing ploy of "shutting down" without prior notice for a couple days.

But I might finally get over that and pick up some AD&D games from them eventually.

Grief.exe

It's overblown. In the campaign there are some mouse issues but other than that its fine.

You have to put it in context of when the game was actually released.

Microsoft introduced GFWL, a horrible DRM service that cost $50 a year, poor port with sloppy KB/M controls, and required Vista.

There were some serious outcries.

I wondered how PC Halo could of been. Frankly, putting a port on PC wouldn't be a bad idea. It would compete with other shooters on PC like COD.

I personally liked running through the campaign of the original CE. But I could live my entire life without playing another Halo. I sure would.

COD doesn't seem to popular on PC.

Its one of the most popular games in the world and it barely seems to break the top 10 on Steam.

Clive Barker's Undying is one of the most underrated shooters of all time.

Grief.exe

I don't see dishonored on the list. Ran out of keys maybe? Also, that comes out to $7.50 each, what's the over/under that FNV goes on sale for 75% off at $5.00 during the upcoming sale?

I suppose you are right, technically it would be Doom 3 BFG then but arguably the original release is still the definitive version.

Unless something has changed in regards to the modding scene.

I'm sure summer sale isn't next week cause I said so

The ultimate argument. Wins every time.

Its funny because I've never actually gotten past the first half of undying.

I was quite impressed with the first half though and I still remember it quite vividly.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So playing NBA2K13 I registered an account for the server and it said it would send me a confirmation email and if I didn't confirm in 24 hours it wouldn't establish my account.... over 12 hours later no confirmation email, even in spam.

bigace33

So from that "getloadedgo" website, the best deal is Dishonored + Fallout NV, right?

Or do I need to play Fallout 3 before New Vegas?

NV is more polished in many areas, but it has nowhere near the wow moments that FO3 has. lol I found so many crazy things in FO3 that it was a blast sometimes just to watch the other NPCs react to each other. I personally recommend FO3 over NV, but I realize I'm in the minority on this one.

Grief.exe

I played it for the first time a few months ago. Other than a few annoying enemies I thought it was pretty solid.

The final boss is probably the worst final boss of all time though.

I'm getting the feeling that Dreamworks was rushed by EA.

EDIT: Wow this is interesting.

Dreamworks Interactive > EA Los Angeles > Danger Close > Dice Los Angeles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clive_Barker's_Undying

EA is ridiculous with the names.

I'm getting the feeling that Dreamworks was rushed by EA.

EDIT: Wow this is interesting.

Dreamworks Interactive > EA Los Angeles > Danger Close > Dice Los Angeles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clive_Barker's_Undying

EA is ridiculous with the names.

That is interesting, clicking on Dreamworks Interactive takes you straight to DICE Los Angeles.

Didn't even realize that Danger Close had changed their name...although that doesn't really surprise me.

What games have gone on sale for 75% so far this weekend during the Paradox sale aside from the marqueed ones? I just realized there were doing multiples each day, and wanted to find out if I missed anything.

NV is more polished in many areas, but it has nowhere near the wow moments that FO3 has. lol I found so many crazy things in FO3 that it was a blast sometimes just to watch the other NPCs react to each other. I personally recommend FO3 over NV, but I realize I'm in the minority on this one.

Yeah, people who prefer having a huge open-world to explore with some pretty damn crazy sights prefer Fallout 3, people who enjoy deep RPG's with a shitton of branching storylines and different types of weapons prefer New Vegas.

I love them both for different reasons.

Lol at New Vegas being more polished, though. That game is one of the buggiest I've ever played.

HoosTrax

Huh. All the voice overs in Magicka are in Swedish or something. Is this normal, or are my localization settings messed up?

"We started the doonka doonka..."

Wat...

Grief.exe

Scrolls is so addictive.

What do you think of the game Xelios?

I've been winning a lot, which makes me want to play more. But losing one just makes me want to play more so I learn from my mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom