• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

Order is restored and Origin is uninstalled again!

Nope, it's still offline.

jg8j7mV.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It is my theory that JaseC is actually a she, specifically Saoirse herself, and all the avatar changes are merely the well-planned and plotted out guerrilla marketing campaign that took on a life of its own. Those BAFTA Award nominations don't just happen on their own...
That's ridiculous. The only girl that posts in here is Salsashark.

How am I supposed to get the 82 Brutal Legend card drops with Steam being dumb like this? I wish there was a monthly subscription or something so Steam couldn't suck this bad.

Zia

Don't post new Market listings until then because they won't show up.

Edit: Check that, it's been fixed.

If Tomb Raider 2013 didn't auto-save your progress. I wouldn't have made any and likely uninstalled the game. Since I cannot find any solution online--updating my drivers, playing with the settings--and no one seems to be offering any, I think the interim solution shall be to quit out after every major cutscene, exit to desktop and relaunch the game.

So I guess I'm not going to be getting any cards while Steam is being resuscitated.

Ye ol' record book:

damn dude. That's a lot of posts.

Woot, made the hall of shame this time. My body is ready. If the the summer sale is anything like the last sale, don't put your money in the steam wallet.

Grief.exe

So I guess I'm not going to be getting any cards while Steam is being resuscitated.

Ye ol' record book:

2008 -> 2010:
ClovingWestbrook (RIP) with 532 posts (~2.42% of total)

2010 Thread 2:
Stallion Free with 320 posts (~4% of total)

2011 Thread 1:
SalsaShark with 545 posts (~2.73% of total)

2011 Thread 2:
SalsaShark with 617 posts (~3.09% of total)

2011 Thread 3:
JaseC with 429 posts (~2.89% of total)

2012 Thread 1:
SteveWinwood with 607 posts (~3.04% of total)

2012 Thread 2:
JaseC with 526 posts (~2.64% of total)

2012 Thread 3:
JaseC with 742 posts (~3.72% of total)

2012 Thread 4:
Stallion Free with 321 posts (~4.6% of total)

2013 Thread 1:
JaseC with 876 posts (~4.38% of total)

2013 Thread 2:
JaseC with 1,161 posts (~5.8% of total)

2012 Thread 4 is flipping gorgeous.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501668

ibtSHMQHbgITNT.png

i7OkdnxQK55jR.png

I think I'm going to move my lettering to the left like this one, rather then centered. I also am going to use a higher resolution render of the background so it looks better, as well as add in the other Steam threads.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
What a fantastic little game Thomas Was Alone is. I encourage you all to check it out, since most of you have it from the last humble bundle.

What a fantastic little game Thomas Was Alone is. I encourage you all to check it out, since most of you have it from the last humble bundle.

Very underrated game. Scales very nicely and keeps things pretty new. Best use of narration after Bastion.

I'm waiting for cards to get dropped for it.

I might throw it in at the end of June to meet my quota for this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=573369

Oh why did you put Civ 5 on that list?

Grief.exe

Oh why did you put Civ 5 on that list?

Cause I wasn't feeling Just Cause 2.

The game looks and plays nice, but the repetitive and uninspired mission design really brought the whole experience down. I'm not going to play 12 more hours if I'm not having fun.

Picked up Civilization V for $5 off of GMG and you know I've been addicted. I'll probably just call it 'beat' by the end of the month, I've almost achieved two victory conditions so far. Judging by the achievements, its not a game you can ever really beat though.

Oh wow, woke up and saw the old thread added 5 pages then got closed since I last logged in.

Time to check the new Steam updates next. New game ownership badge huh? Sounds yummy

I noticed everybody else got upgraded several levels huh?

At first I was happy that I got up to Level 10, then I realised it didn't make a difference because everybody else went up as well

Am liking the showcase though

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So I was on vacation last week, what in the blue world happened to that card swap bot service?

It's completely barren.

They started taking refined metal as a payment and people cleaned them out. There's still a healthy amount of cards on there, though.

derExperte

I got a booster pack for Blocks That Matter. 3 cards, I can unpack or sell it. Huh.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards#announcements/detail/1837748658627226301

We've added some new features to the beta today:

Booster packs: Players who have collected all the trading card drops they can for a game and have used Steam in the last week will randomly receive booster packs. These packs contain three additional cards for the game, and may contain foils.

Game Collector Badge: There's a new badge which will grant you XP based on how many games you have in your Steam library. This badge replaces the "100 XP for having at least one product registered" message at the bottom of the badges page.

Profile Game Count: The number shown next to the "Games" link on the new profile should now more closely match the number of games shown in the Steam library.

May contain foils.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Beta update - June 18th
JUNE 18TH, 2013 - AL
We've added some new features to the beta today:

Booster packs: Players who have collected all the trading card drops they can for a game and have used Steam in the last week will randomly receive booster packs. These packs contain three additional cards for the game, and may contain foils.

Game Collector Badge: There's a new badge which will grant you XP based on how many games you have in your Steam library. This badge replaces the "100 XP for having at least one product registered" message at the bottom of the badges page.

Profile Game Count: The number shown next to the "Games" link on the new profile should now more closely match the number of games shown in the Steam library.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom