• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxon

My saves are gone from Batman Arkham city :(

I recently bought an new computer which has windows 8. This created problems when installing and starting the game but I fixed that by installing the whole games for windows thing and things were dandy for a while. Played 11 hours into the game over a few days last week.

But now when I wanted to get back into the game my save have gone *poof*.

Checked the harddrive and there is nothing in the save folder.

I started up games for windows and restarted but nothing. the live button in the game does nada.

So fucking pissed right now. The game finally clicked for me and now this. fuck

Check to see if GFWL is running at all. (Hit xbox button or home key on keyboard) The saves are stored in their cloud. If GFWL isn't running, you will have no saves on boot and any progress you make will disappear. I had to re-install it via their site, instlal Bioshock 2, etc etc etc just to get it working in Win8 x64. Took a couple months of on and off tinkering. Awful, awful product, and it needs to die sooner rather than later. I sure hope they patch it out of all of the relevant games (Fallout 3, BioShock 2, Batman AA and AC, Dark Souls, etc.)

Retne

I don't know about day one but I will say it looks good. I'm actually making my way through the base game right now and loving it. I almost have full satellite coverage and I think I'm researching end game weapons judging by the research text when you select the stuff.

The game definitely has it's hooks in me and typing this out has made me realize that depending on price I may leap in day one. If it's $30 like the Civ expansions I'm just gonna wait for a sale though.

After 12 hours the guy I was playing with finally tired out. I've been on caffeine though so I'm great!

Whoa you were playing Civ V with someone for 12 hours straight? Sounds like a good day.

Freezard

HF

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

The Showdown Effect -- MB-4BC47D4B5CA57C96 - Taken by mannerbot

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I don't know about day one but I will say it looks good. I'm actually making my way through the base game right now and loving it. I almost have full satellite coverage and I think I'm researching end game weapons judging by the research text when you select the stuff.

The game definitely has it's hooks in me and typing this out has made me realize that depending on price I may leap in day one. If it's $30 like the Civ expansions I'm just gonna wait for a sale though.
Whoa you were playing Civ V with someone for 12 hours straight? Sounds like a good day.
They already confirmed 30$ for PC. I got the main game for like 11$ and I got way more than 11$ of entertainment out of it so I feel like I owe them the 30$.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What gameplay? It all feels like work.
What you call work are actually puzzles. They aren't particularly difficult, and they can be repetitive (though they weren't for me).

The narration makes me think about TotalBiscuit trying to tell a cute story. Which makes me want to go permanently deaf.
Oh I see, you just wanna shit on it. Why did you ask in the first place then?

NIN90

ModBot said:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Angelica Weaver Catch Me When You Can -- MB-160DBDFC3DE467F2 - Taken by Retne
The 39 Steps -- MB-385B943459B0A5D2 - Taken by Tenrius
Mini Motor Racing EVO -- MB-14FFB5029B35F0A8 - Taken by Kuroyume
The Whispered World -- MB-8E05CB02784EE836 - Taken by fantomena
p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
What you call work are actually puzzles. They aren't particularly difficult, and they can be repetitive (though they weren't for me).
It feels like work to me because you are doing a lot of the same thing over and over just getting 4-5 shapes to the end point in a single puzzle. The platforming isn't thrilling and the puzzles are incredibly basic. I don't ever feel like I have to put any real thought into my movements. After 2-3 rooms I end up quitting because it gets so tedious. Plenty of games get repetitive, but they usually have compelling visuals to make up for it. Something visually stimulating. TWA is like nice interface design and like no real compelling visuals. It would make for a nice website layout, but that's about it.

Oh I see, you just wanna shit on it. Why did you ask in the first place then?
I'm never gonna pass up a chance to make a dig at TotalBiscuit. The narrative in the game is just kinda boring to me. There isn't a whole lot of it so far and it's not enough to make me feel like the busywork "puzzles" are justified.

Tenrius

Thanks for The 39 Steps! Been interested in that for a while. Will probably share some impressions after Tuesday, when I get my new laptop (can't run any games now due to my graphics card being messed up). First time I've won something from ModBot, too.

Retne

Thanks NIN90! Gonna have to check the game out once I wrap up XCOM.

They already confirmed 30$ for PC. I got the main game for like 11$ and I got way more than 11$ of entertainment out of it so I feel like I owe them the 30$.

Well that's a bummer. I'll just pick it up when it hits $20 or lower then. My backlog is way too big for me to justify spending that much.

Turfster

Thanks for The 39 Steps! Been interested in that for a while. Will probably share some impressions after Tuesday, when I get my new laptop (can't run any games now due to my graphics card beings messed up). First time I've won something from ModBot, too.

It's... an interesting take on the novel, that's for sure.
I liked it (altho the mouse rotation mechanic is kinda fiddly)

FloatOn

Yup, I'm only a few hours in, but damn. So much fun. The only minor point about it is that you don't really need cars anymore haha. Not that I care that much, would always take so long, who needs cars when you can fly? (pretty much anyway)

I agree with this and the only other small gripe I have is the store hacking mini game. If I play another pipe mania style mini game I might just have to give video games a break. It should have been sudoku or something.

Really great game otherwise though.

fantomena

Thanks for The Whispered World, NIN90!

Also:

Im done with Saints Row IV. Is was a much better game than SR3. More fun and a better story. Had some side quests left, ubt most of them had the same objectives, so they bored me.

Clocked in 18 hours. Well spent 23£.

I may come back later, but first Im gonna finish SR3 and maybe SR2 if I can handle the shitty port.

Crayons

Banned
That's how it goes, same with the Total War games. Wanted to just try a few battles as I hadn't played in a while and ended up playing six hours until my conversion to Christianity
in-game
screwed me over.
But I shouldn't have even started to begin with. I have to write an Economics paper!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It feels like work to me because you are doing a lot of the same thing over and over just getting 4-5 shapes to the end point in a single puzzle. The platforming isn't thrilling and the puzzles are incredibly basic. I don't ever feel like I have to put any real thought into my movements. After 2-3 rooms I end up quitting because it gets so tedious.

I'm never gonna pass up a chance to make a dig at TotalBiscuit. The narrative in the game is just kinda boring to me. There isn't a whole lot of it so far and it's not enough to make me feel like the busywork "puzzles" are justified.
Yes, you could say it's the same puzzle every time, with only the level layout or characters available (each with different skills) changed. I loved it, but it's understandable if you found it tiresome and/or boring. And sometimes you are required to make some pixel-perfect jumps.

I found the narration great, and looked forward to it on each passing level. Also I got attached to the characters, which feels weird because they are a bunch of squares. The beautiful soundtrack helped seal the deal.

Tenrius

Sudden death.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 keys. The Sims 3 keys are redeemed on thesims3.com, all other keys are Steam unless noted otherwise. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

The Sims 3 -- MB-85E70F25A6E3A4A0 - Taken by wetflame
Mirror's Edge -- MB-A55369C7C3240CB0 - Taken by Tesseract
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-0ED5FBC795CD5FFA - Taken by Pakkidis
The Sims 3 Late Night -- MB-88A7F8157E7BA4F8 - Taken by nightstorm
The Sims 3 High End Loft Stuff -- MB-3BDEB26C3C2D2A8B - Taken by fernandes
Populous (Origin) -- MB-8EC9A8CC94CA942B - Taken by blackMamba1187
The Sims 3 Date Night -- MB-FEEAFB21237AF2AA - Taken by v0rtikal
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-B2BA67DC76888136
Europa Universalis 3 Complete -- MB-132549C247A32F88 - Taken by Jawmuncher

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yes, you could say it's the same puzzle every time, with only the level layout or characters available (each with different skills) changed. I loved it, but it's understandable if you found it tiresome and/or boring. And sometimes you are required to make some pixel-perfect jumps.

I found the narration great, and looked forward to it on each passing level. Also I got attached to the characters, which feels weird because they are a bunch of squares. The beautiful soundtrack helped seal the deal.

The narration and story is pretty good until the last 1/4 of the game.

Then they somewhat abrubtly end the story for characters you're supposed to care about and introduce a bunch more that you're suddenly supposed to give a shit about.

It is pretty damning when I can say that a four hour game drags on for too long.

Momentary

Banned
Damn, I've got so many games to give away. I've got to email gifts to myself to get the keys and I'm too lazy to do it. But today, I'm doing it. So around 9 EST time be on the lookout for a huge list of games. Just a word of warning, I'm locking out lurkers and people who have never gifted before. I've got to go to the beach and then go shopping for some craft beer for my wedding ceremony.

Uiki

Guys guys.

How do I force triple buffering vsync on guacamelee?

I tried d3d overrider and forcing it from CCC but it doesn't work.

Jawmuncher

Damn, I've got so many games to give away. I've got to email gifts to myself to get the keys and I'm too lazy to do it. But today, I'm doing it. So around 9 EST time be on the lookout for a huge list of games. Just a word of warning, I'm locking out lurkers and people who have never gifted before. I've got to go to the beach and then go shopping for some craft beer for my wedding ceremony.

To Celebrate

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/ap...er_292x136.jpg
Showdown Effect -- MB-73EDF2A950A20164 - Taken by Fireblend

Ill dig and see if I have other keys to

Retne

I'm trying my hand at a giveaway since I've won a couple games and I have a few keys laying around that nobody seems to want.

ModBot said:

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

The Binding of Isaac and Wrath of the Lamb DLC -- MB-A4C89CD5E2655661 - Taken by Lord British
Botanicula -- MB-B6A4C381053DBFDB - Taken by PandaPedinte
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-B2AD0F68161635B2 - Taken by Terra_Ex
Mirror's Edge -- MB-4B2CC091A3831747
Dead Space -- MB-C77DA185EA41DC5F - Taken by Visualante2

So I've played a little of Anodyne, and it's real special for such an affordable game. It captures the sensations you had playing old games as a kid. Edge said "This is a game for those who grew up in Hyrule but spent more time in Lordran in recent years." and I agree with that.

It doesn't take itself too seriously and feels sort of old and new in different ways. It has a unique colour palette and a blissful score. For £3 it's a steal given the inclusion of cards.

Tesseract

Banned
thanks tenrius for mirror's edge!

tenrius's dead space is still up for grabs, oh how i hope it comes up soon in another giveaway. i need isaac in my veins.

That looks so good. Is it going to be standalone?

---
And okay, I'm a Terraria convert. Got the game on IOS. I had always kind of overlooked those 2D games because I assumed that the loss of a 3D world would remove depth and fun

Boy, was I wrong. Having played for two days, I can say 100% that Terraria blows Minecraft away gameplay-wise. MC has the better world for just uncharted exploration and vistas but Terraria has the awesome RPG elements, the awesome loot, and the awesome enemies.

Definitely going to have to get Terraria on PC now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom