• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Flux isn't on Steam? It's more or less the same as Beat, right? I've played Beat and I enjoyed it and I've been meaning to pick it up on Steam...probably when the summer sale begins. It's either that or I'll pick up the Bit Trip collection on the 3DS (if it plays well).
Not yet, but it will be (don't know when, I hope it's soon!). It's like Beat, yes, but at the same time it's infinitely better than it. I can't tell you exactly why, but to me it's much more enjoyable and finely crafted.

It's a game that every person should experience at least once in their lives. Shame on those who didn't.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
game takes place in Brazil and im from Uruguay

close though, and it's still cool to support south american games

Are you sure the creator is Brazillian? Isn't the dude from either Argentina or Uruguay?

Vander Caballero doesn't sound like a Brazillian name. And since the game is based on his childhood experiences with the father (the monster in the game, spoilerz), I'd think it would be on his country of origin...

Edit: I don't even know what I'm talking about, the game really does take place in a Brazillian Favela.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm positive papo & yo isn't from argentina or I'd know the dude that made it. also vander isn't a normal name in south america :p

also salsa lol

they don't do it uruguayan style anyways

Is drinking mate uruguayan style what the people of the South of Brazil do with Chimarrão?

I fucking hate Chimarrão, but I really love Mate Tea. Aren't they made of the same herb, but drinked differently?

I'm from Brazil, I should know these things.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is drinking mate uruguayan style what the people of the South of Brazil do with Chimarrão?

I fucking hate Chimarrão, but I really love Mate Tea. Aren't they made of the same herb, but drinked differently?

I'm from Brazil, I should know these things.
nope, they just "pour" or "serve" it differently or something.

what you're referring to is called "mate cocido" in argieland and rhode island, UY, BR, and I agree, it's disgusting.

as is people that sugar it up.

infidels.

Salsa

Salsa lives in Quahog, confirmed.

I bet everyone who lives in Rhode Island lives in shame from fucking Family Guy, ew

Vander Caballero doesn't sound like a Brazillian name.

hey steve caballero is brazilian

team_detail_steve_caballero_1.jpg

I know because tony hawk pro skater

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Edit: We got a pretty nice all purpose tea thread over here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470058

nope, they just "pour" or "serve" it differently or something.

what you're referring to is called "mate cocido" in argieland and rhode island, UY, BR, and I agree, it's disgusting.

as is people that sugar it up.

infidels.

I usually drink my mate like a tea, too. I just let it brew in a french press for a while then filter it off into a cup. However, I do also have a traditional gourd, a travel "gourd," and this sweet ass ceramic gourd:

iviYZkVGD8Fcf.png

Is it alcoholic?

Cause it should be.

Some people cure their gourds with alcohol.

ArjanN

Greatest part in Another World?

Kicking an alien in the balls

It also still has one of the best endings in a game IMO.

Is the DLC for M&M: Clash of Heroes worth picking up? I'm not entirely sure what the store description is trying to sell me.

It lets you play as the boss characters in the multiplayer mode or in the Quick Battle mode, which is a one-off battle against AI if I remeber correctly. So probably not, unless you have someone to play against.

zkylon

zkylewd
Is it alcoholic?

Cause it should be.
don't think it'd mesh well with booze, but it keeps you awake and your stomach full, so it's alright.

people already drink too much on these parts

I usually drink my mate like a tea, too. I just let it brew in a french press for a while then filter it off into a cup. However, I do also have a traditional gourd, a travel "gourd," and this sweet ass ceramic gourd:

iviYZkVGD8Fcf.png
yeah all the things you just said are frowned upon by me :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Are you guys talking about that drink with the ghord and the straw?
Yup. I find it repulsive, not the beverage itself, but the act of drinking from the same straw as another person. You're not only drinking mate, but also saliva. And it's not even that tasty.

And it leaves you with an awfully bad breath.

This one time I remember we threw a bunch of black tea into this vodka thing we had and it was awesome.

But we also had waffles with sweet baby rays that night so who knows.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Yup. I find it repulsive, not the beverage itself, but the act of drinking from the same straw as another person. You're not only drinking mate, but also saliva. And it's not even that tasty.

Oh, I don't care about that. I just don't like to drink it that way with all the leaves still in it and hot nor the taste.

I just boil all the leaves along with water for a while, then I filter it through a paper filter, put everything in a 2l bottle, stuck it in the fridge to cool and drink along with half squeezed lemon per serving.

And some sugar (actually, fake diet sugar thing, because I'm on a low carb diet).

I'm pretty sure everybody from the South of the country (and Salsa) just hates me now forever.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
we also eat the plant used to make cocaine

we're hardcore down here

Wait, I don't think you explained how you drink your mate. I'm trying to think about any other way to do it. Do you eat it with a spoon?

nexen

Another World manages to tell a gripping, sometimes emotional story without using a single spoken word and (except for a tiny spot at the beginning and the end tag) no text.

If you can get past the archaic gameplay ... it is glorious.
I wish I could recommend it wholeheartedly but ... that shit is hardcore difficult.

Salsa

Another World manages to tell a gripping, sometimes emotional story without using a single spoken word and (except for a tiny spot at the beginning and the end tag) no text.

If you can get past the archaic gameplay ... it is glorious.
I wish I could recommend it wholeheartedly but ... that shit is hardcore difficult.

what type of mate is that

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I love how in the same day there was an in-depth Jammie Dodgers discussion in the Who thread and a Mate argument in the Steam thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom