• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Okay, fuck that question.

But seriously, coffee with lots of milk and sugar starts my day real good.

Let's not even start talking about American coffee or I'll have a stroke. That watery brown thing americans drink can't even be called coffee.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Anyway, I see this thread has almost ended. What's the best game you've played during this thread?
Pushmo Super House of Dead Ninjas.

This question has made forced me to see how little gaming time my PC has had in 2013 :|

oipic

Can I please request a quick pronunciation guide for the unititiated?

Is it 'mar-tay', or a single-syllable 'mayt'? Something else altogether?

As an Aussie, I was initially a little confused and perturbed by the idea of drinking one's 'mate' - I have some close friends, sure, but that would be crossing some sort of line.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
it's similar to how you pronounce the matte in matte painting, I think.

Yes, that's how you say in Brazilian Portuguese.

Now, somebody tell me what is up with this "yerba" bullshit?

Edit: I have a feeling some mods are going to be pissed pretty soon. I guess I should stop talking about it.

tmarques

What the fuck is this tea shit?

I have this theory, that tea does not have any flavour. It is only the smell that makes you think there is flavour

It would be drinkable if it had no flavour. This is the bitterest drink you'll ever have.

I suspect men drink it to prove how macho they are or maybe it's an acquired taste, but I can't fathom someone trying this for the first time and wanting a refill.

Dr Dogg

As an Aussie, I was initially a little confused and perturbed by the idea of drinking one's 'mate' - I have some close friends, sure, but that would be crossing some sort of line.

Hahahaha I forgot it's just mainly us Poms and the Aussies that call our friends mate's. In fact I end up using it as a friendly term of address to someone male.

Rufus

If your native language is English it's generally safe to assume that vowels are NOT pronounced with more than one sound.

Anyway, here's a sound sample:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w2TzMR5XzM

What the hell is going on in here? This is the most action we've seen in this thread in forever
This is possibly the only thread that would grow if it were moved to community.

Grief.exe

I have this theory, that tea does not have any flavour. It is only the smell that makes you think there is flavour

Donate money to me now.

Anyway, I see this thread has almost ended. What's the best game you've played during this thread?

GOTTA BE BIOSHOCK INFINITE MAN DAT STORY

I've played some amazing games in the first part of 2013.

Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Sleeping Dogs
Don't Starve
BioShock Infinite
Metroid Prime
Mark of the Ninja
Hotline Miami

I cant pick just one.

LEYk5Hp.jpg
I knew I had one of these laying around somewhere. The little seal on the straw says Argentina on it.

Rufus

anyone played warframe? it seems alright
Plays fine, but I got bored of it. The environments and enemies aren't interesting and I wasn't keen on grinding credits to grind weapon Traversal (you can run up and along walls) wasn't perfect and not really explained at all. bit it wasn't exactly important, either. The shooting isn't special in any way and the melee is functional but it feel like it was in first person at some point and just got switched to third over night. No real impact and there's no point to combo, at least with the standard sword. ME3's mp might actually be better...

Finished up the Mass Effect series. That end was .... fine.

Actually I think ME3 is by and large an amazing game.

masseffect3i4u7f.gif

The best bit? I've cleared two games from my steam back log and enjoyed them. The even better bit?

feels_good_mankpu6t.gif

Feels good.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hold on, what will happen to the Lucas Arts packs on Steam? I never bought them.

Now there's no more Lucas Arts. Am I screwed?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Hold on, what will happen to the Lucas Arts packs on Steam? I never bought them.

Now there's no more Lucas Arts. Am I screwed?

I don't see why they would be removed. LA properties are moving to licensing, not disappearing.

zkylon

zkylewd
Plays fine, but I got bored of it. The environments and enemies aren't interesting and I wasn't keen on grinding credits to grind weapon Traversal (you can run up and along walls) wasn't perfect and not really explained at all. bit it wasn't exactly important, either. The shooting isn't special in any way and the melee is functional but it feel like it was in first person at some point and just got switched to third over night. No real impact and there's no point to combo, at least with the standard sword. ME3's mp might actually be better...
It is pretty cool but it gets old fast.
hmm, well, download cancelled :/

Finished up the Mass Effect series. That end was .... fine.

Actually I think ME3 is by and large an amazing game.
give it time for it to sink in.

personally I dreaded the whole game, not just the ending, but by the time it was over it was almost comically bad for me.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Again, our tea discussion in here is going to get shut down at some point, either naturally or by force, so I'd like to remind everyone you can discuss all things tea related over here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470058

I'm going to be doing something fun in there in a couple days, so it might be worth checking it out and familiarizing yourself with it.

give it time for it to sink in.

personally I dreaded the whole game, not just the ending, but by the time it was over it was almost comically bad for me.

I'm a pretty big anime fan, so I'm pretty used to just letting my brain go numb and enjoying the ride. In that regard I had a heck of a good time.

Cheddahz

Banned

Same here, the "side missions" were a joke and I found it dumb that you needed to play the multiplayer to earn all of the resources so you could try and save everyone

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm a pretty big anime fan, so I'm pretty used to just letting my brain go numb and enjoying the ride. In that regard I had a heck of a good time.
I love anime too, I'm just very selective with it :p

I kinda have a bit of nostalgia just thinking about my shep and her journey as a whole, but I barely enjoyed anything in ME3.

and yeah, the side missions were so cardboard it was painful.

Shantom

I wish Steam let you adjust the size of the spoiler black bars for screenshots. I've just uploaded my Bioshock ones and I still have to make a couple private because they could still be revealing. What sort of spoiler censor doesn't let you cover everything?

Does anybody want to be a sweet boy and gift me some Evoland?

I can give one or all of the following in exchange.

Revenge of the Titans
Dungeons of Dredmor Complete
Secret of the Magic Crystals
Faerie Solitaire Four Pack
Binding of Isaac (w/ Wrath of the Lamb)
Dota 2

Does anybody want to be a sweet boy and gift me some Evoland?

I can give one or all of the following in exchange.

Revenge of the Titans
Dungeons of Dredmor Complete
Secret of the Magic Crystals
Faerie Solitaire Four Pack
Binding of Isaac (w/ Wrath of the Lamb)
Dota 2

I will buy you Evoland if you paypal me the cost =D

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Donate money to me now.

GOTTA BE BIOSHOCK INFINITE MAN DAT STORY
Runner 2 and Deus Ex. I seriously don't see how those games could be topped. I already consider them my GOTY and LTTP GOTY, respectively.

At least they inform you that the error code is 3. That leaves things much clearer.

Eventually figured out I had to install the latest uPlay (ugh). You would think they would setup that shit for you, but no.

Then all the usernames I wanted had been taken.

Then after that the game kept giving me "AC3SP.exe has stopped working" errors every time it was launched.

Spent an hour looking for a fix, turns out the game doesn't play nicely with either Windows Messenger (???), Spotify or D3DOverrider running in the background.

Finally got into the game, watched the opening cinematics and have no idea what is going on.

Why did I buy this again?

ArjanN

At least they inform you that the error code is 3. That leaves things much clearer.

... And the LORD spake, saying, "The number of the error count is three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, reinstall Assassin Creed III."

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Eventually figured out I had to install the latest uPlay (ugh). You would think they would setup that shit for you, but no.

Then all the usernames I wanted had been taken.

Then after that the game kept giving me "AC3SP.exe has stopped working" errors every time it was launched.

Spent an hour looking for a fix, turns out the game doesn't play nicely with either Windows Messenger (???), Spotify or D3DOverrider running in the background.

Finally got into the game, watched the opening cinematics and have no idea what is going on.

Why did I buy this again?
All in all, a pretty good port. Would have a nice tea afternoon with Metal Gear Solid 2, Saints Row 2 and Dark Souls: PTDE.

By the way, I hope the next OT is titled "Better drank with sugar" or something like that. Bitter, sugarless mate is hideous.

... And the LORD spake, saying, "The number of the error count is three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, reinstall Assassin Creed III."
Thou hast made a fornicating awesome post.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I should be able to finish Tomb Raider today, which means A) I finished a game, but more importantly, B) I can get started on BioInf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom