• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I beat sleeping dogs on ps3 but I wanna play the d l c. If I buy it on steam can I go straight to the dlc parts without having to replay main game shit or no?

Also is the game or d l c cheap anywhere?

You need the main game, but you don't have to replay through. The story based DLC is a separate menu in the game.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Leftovers:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deponia -- MB-2C0963AE864EE8EB - Taken by Blablurn
Super Killer Hornet Resurrection -- MB-C284E96439B40DED - Taken by crazyrabbits

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Wow I feel a complete idiot for buying the Anno 2070 Complete Edition. Apparently it doesn't include any of the DLC...Wonder if Ubisoft will be kind enough to give them to me if I send them an email

EDIT: Did some research and it seems like they are installed through Uplay once you launch the game. Still kinda bothers me that they don't register as purchased in the Steam page

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Trying to pick which games to get from the Groupees bundle. "Monster challenge Circus" [sic] seems to be a mess and Trace Vector looks good but not my style. Spice Road doesn't seem quite there but conceptually I like it. Pretty much everything else seems like it could be Greenlit. I guess I could pick more than the minimum.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Can anyone rank the sleeping dogs DLc? I want to play the most fun one first and save the lamest for last

Best to worst--

DLC with story content:
Year of the Snake - cult-themed content, takes place in main game areas
The Zodiac Tournament - old Chinese kung-fu tournament homage, takes place in a new area
Nightmare at North Point - Chinese hopping vampire style horror game, takes place in main game areas

DLC without story content:
Wheels of Fury - Armed car DLC, has some unique race content

I wouldn't bother:
SWAT Pack - Some side missions
Street Racer Pack - Some side missions

Year of the Snake is the coolest, Nightmare is pretty amusing, and Zodiac is short, lame, but also fairly amusing.

You're short, lame, and also fairly amusing

derExperte

Getting a rare Pinball Arcade Picard foil that's apparently worth around 10€ is all well and good as long there isn't some other guy always undercutting you immediately by a few cents. Damn you other guy!

Some spare Desura keys - take them all, please:

ModBot said:
Instructions for crazyrabbits:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 10 Desura keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Alien With A Magnet (Desura) -- MB-9D4BF9C21B888F64 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan
ulgzbKC.png
Trace Vector (Desura) -- MB-D1143E5E78885232 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
ulgzbKC.png
Heroes of a Broken Land (Desura) -- MB-1C00179F526D89E6 - Taken by Myshkin
ulgzbKC.png
Cubicity (Desura) -- MB-303CB8D2202C385F - Taken by tylergregg
ulgzbKC.png
Paper Dungeons (Desura) -- MB-CEE4F53E68F3AB1F - Taken by Aitor
ulgzbKC.png
Spice Road (Desura) -- MB-D70464FBA0063AE8 - Taken by killatopak
ulgzbKC.png
Drive To Hell (Desura) -- MB-E57F13B2E80423B2 - Taken by Kuroyume
ulgzbKC.png
Magicians & Looters (Desura) -- MB-D97EF2DDAC7AC432 - Taken by kafiend
ulgzbKC.png
The Body Changer (Desura) -- MB-12BF90A5DB9A70FD
ulgzbKC.png
Ultionus (Desura) -- MB-08FC2C19E6C8784C - Taken by Nabs

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Thanks for the game crazyrabbits!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SpaceChem -- MB-EAD4A49BEBE9AAA4 - Taken by _hekk05. 5 entrants total.
Dark Sector -- MB-59935864933777C2 - Taken by Japle. 36 entrants total.
GTR Evolution -- MB-AEED16652AEA0F09 - Taken by Leg-End. 14 entrants total.
Dino D Day -- MB-7CE0AF63A3755154 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 8 entrants total.
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-8CD33A03138B2F73 - Taken by zeroOman. 4 entrants total.

t1393006576z1.png

The-Bean

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Enclave -- MB-19EE78BBD192A6EB - Taken by Seraphis Cain. 4 entrants total.

t1392997352z1.png

-

Looks like Valve fixed people being able to get card drops from games that are available through a free weekend/week. Only got 4 out of my 5 drops for ORION: Dino Horde, but the Badges page is now showing that I have no remaining drops and am not eligible for a booster pack.

Deadbeat

Banned
Looks like Valve fixed people being able to get card drops from games that are available through a free weekend/week. Only got 4 out of my 5 drops for ORION: Dino Horde, but the Badges page is now showing that I have no remaining drops and am not eligible for a booster pack.
Oh thats the Halo Dinosaur game that stole models from Natural Selection 2. Are the stolen models still in the game or did the guy finally change them? I mean its not like valve cares if something is stolen or a scam when they put it up on the steam store anyways.

Some more odds and ends - apologies if the Marlow/Rekoil keys don't work. I had received them in the PWYW bundle, so be advised:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Interstellar Marines -- MB-DA3C7FC6116AA7A7 - Taken by Deadbeat
Borderlands 2 Headhunter 1 -- MB-B9FF4F710454089D - Taken by Kirosia
Thief Gold #2 -- MB-B99883CAE615041C - Taken by Madrugador
Takedown Red Sabre -- MB-6349C70D756EE244 - Taken by bronson
Borderlands 2 Headhunter 4 -- MB-18C91E25492302C2 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan
Thief Gold -- MB-1CFCCA5D9B8F0F41 - Taken by 8 X 11 Printer Paper
Marlow Briggs -- MB-59F0CDB6533AEDE3 - Taken by ShogunX
AERENA -- MB-D9768607431249B8 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Rekoil -- MB-931E25D109B59BBC - Taken by NingenJanai
Saints Row IV Thank You Pack -- MB-74A115D629445F08 - Taken by killatopak
Payday 2 Christmas Soundtrack -- MB-25EAACC2B90C4DEC - Taken by tjohn86

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
This is super late but... Thanks to everyone who participated in the raffle and took those keys off of my hands! :3

I still have a couple of keys that I'm not sure about at all, so I'm just gonna post here if anyone wants to give them a try. Quote for the keys.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
This is super late but... Thanks to everyone who participated in the raffle and took those keys off of my hands! :3

I still have a couple of keys that I'm not sure about at all, so I'm just gonna post here if anyone wants to give them a try. Quote for the keys.
Grabbed the third key, thanks ExMachina!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wow, The Walking Dead Season 2 is only $0.99 on Xbox Live Marketplace.

Shame there isn't a similar price mistake on Steam :(

EDIT: Maybe it's just the first episode? The "season pass" is still $15. Still a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom