• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

How is Nuclear Throne according to SteamGAF? Got a 50% voucher after badge crafting, reviews on Steam are great and I don't think it will become cheaper anytime soon.

BroHo is still best Ass after Ass2.

Brotherhood turned me off of going further with the series after i beat it.
Was not a fan of all the shop buying and everything else.

Divius

Can anyone point towards a good guide/tips/let's play for Don't Starve? I've tried the game but could not really get into it and got bored quite fast, I want to give it another go but could use some guidance.

derExperte

Brotherhood turned me off of going further with the series after i beat it.
Was not a fan of all the shop buying and everything else.

The feature bloat started in BroHo after Ass2 hit just the right balance but it was still manageable and the Bros were a useful addition.

From what I've heard, AssFlag was good enough to wipe away the AssTree AssCrud tho.

The history of the Asses will never be wiped clean of the dirt that was Ass3.

So my brother bought a couple of Orion Dino Horde keys because we've been looking for something to play co-op.
Had never heard of the game before lol. Safe to assume it sucks right?

So my brother bought a couple of Orion Dino Horde keys because we've been looking for something to play co-op.
Had never heard of the game before lol. Safe to assume it sucks right?

There's currently a free week on Steam...try to get rid of those keys if you haven't activated them yet :p

So, am I right in assuming that the "more deals per day" means that games currently -35% off could get discounted more on a different day?

Also, what's up with Anno 1404 not being available any more?

The-Bean

Does anyone know why CoD: Ghosts is so large? 25GB seems a bit weird considering the last few games have been around 10-15. Does it include HD textures, multiple languages, HD pre-rendered videos? I'd appreciate a proper answer, by the way. I just know one of you would have replied with fish AI or some other nonsense (and you probably still will).

Turfster

So, am I right in assuming that the "more deals per day" means that games currently -35% off could get discounted more on a different day?

Also, what's up with Anno 1404 not being available any more?

Yes.

They put up a buggy version, and rather than apply the fix they'd applied to the other version, they just pulled it off Steam.

Does anyone know why CoD: Ghosts is so large? 25GB seems a bit weird considering the last few games have been around 10-15. Does it include HD textures, multiple languages, HD pre-rendered videos? I'd appreciate a proper answer, by the way. I just know one of you would have replied with fish AI or some other nonsense (and you probably still will).
HD textures in a CoD game, don't make me laugh.

Jawmuncher

I love that they don't have the game translated yet, and they 'plan' to do so before hitting Early Access. Reeks of Babelfish translation going in there.

Oh yeah, it's even better

Yeah just after posting it I was reading up on some of that.
That a pretty bad state of affair and if the steam release happens will be interesting if they actually keep their word on finishing it as well as touching it up. I already gave the vote and will be keeping an eye on it. If anything we might have a future game that'll be pulled off steam.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
The fucked up Steam Community and lack of grids in Grid View are freaking me out.
*panic* :(

As a Point & Click lover I have to say the newest Humble Weekly made me all giddy. Good stuff. :)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Yeah just after posting it I was reading up on some of that.
That a pretty bad state of affair and if the steam release happens will be interesting if they actually keep their word on finishing it as well as touching it up. I already gave the vote and will be keeping an eye on it. If anything we might have a future game that'll be pulled off steam.

Seeing as that comment posted talks about how they promised to complete the game by updating it and then it went three years without a patch I doubt they're actually considering finishing it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Come on Ubi. 12.75€ for AC4 and 3.75€ for AC3 and I'm happy.

There'll be an AssCreed day and a Tom Clancy day. Obviously that still leaves one more day to cover and so I'd love to finally see a publisher sale end with a generous discount on oft-ignored back catalogue titles... but my guess is that Far Cry will be slotted in somewhere instead.

Caerith

Seeing as that comment posted talks about how they promised to complete the game by updating it and then it went three years without a patch I doubt they're actually considering finishing it.

From what I can see in this dialogue tree, it appears they're not Finnishing it either:
D85BDC132B76AC14A2C94FFB464A822E04661D18

Deques

There'll be an AssCreed day and a Tom Clancy day. Obviously that still leaves one more day to cover and so I'd love to finally see a publisher sale end with a generous discount on oft-ignored back catalogue titles... but my guess is that Far Cry will be slotted in somewhere instead.

I'd like to see a settlers day and Anno day. If they do get an Anno day, lets hope they release Anno 1404 at 90% off

I did read the subtitle as "The Tale of the Voice Ass" wtf is wrong with me?

If you read the AssCreed talk earlier in the thread, then you are perfectly fine

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd like to see a settlers day and Anno day. If they do get an Anno day, lets hope they release Anno 1404 at 90% off

The Settlers series hasn't been a featured deal in years. :( Anno 1404's return isn't going to happen over the weekend but I'd guess an Anno Midweek Madness/Weekend Deal spotlight is on the cards.

Edit:

30% off ($3.49) for the next week.

Deques

The Settlers series hasn't been a featured deal in years. :( Anno 1404's return isn't going to happen over the weekend but I'd guess a Midweek Madness/Weekend Deal spotlight for the series is on the cards.

Edit:

30% off ($3.49) for the next week.

Don't use statistics to predict on what's coming next, please >.<

Dogs vs cats, hmm... seems interesting

Garcia

I just got the
weapon
in Antichamber. The game suddenly became a lot better. It keeps surprising me each time I venture into a new area.

I beat sleeping dogs on ps3 but I wanna play the d l c. If I buy it on steam can I go straight to the dlc parts without having to replay main game shit or no?

Also is the game or d l c cheap anywhere?

maty

Is the Steam website broken for anyone else?

I tried accessing the market and my activity feed but the site won't load correctly.

The store works fine though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom