• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm going to try this FFXIV beta on PS4 with a friend. This is going to be weird to play with a controller

If you're able to try it out for free, I say go for it. As a Final Fantasy fan, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game (it does feel like a Final Fantasy MMO) and I'll admit, I'm probably going to buy a time card for it if I don't finish the story within the first month (the music in the game is also beautiful and the art design is amazing as well)

def sim

If you're able to try it out for free, I say go for it. As a Final Fantasy fan, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game (it does feel like a Final Fantasy MMO) and I'll admit, I'm probably going to buy a time card for it if I don't finish the story within the first month (the music in the game is also beautiful and the art design is amazing as well)

It's free so I'm definitely going to give it a shot. I haven't played a final fantasy game in some time so this should be interesting.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Woo, new thread! I'll actually try to post in here from the start... maybe when I finish some games this weekend haha yeah right, I'm just gonna sink more hours into multiplayer stuff again.

Is the Beyond Good & Evil PC port ok and playable on modern computers? I keep meaning to play it but I don't want to if it's a horrible port

New thread? Nice.

I'm about to get on a plane to Australia so I'm not going to be playing many PC games for some weeks. Will still be reading this thread as much as I can.

SteamGAF is bestGAF.

Been playing a lot of GTAIII over the last couple days. Starting to get through the older games in my backlog.

Hanzou

Wow a new thread already! I wonder how many we will get to this year including the individual big sale threads.

tjohn86

Finally got SteamOS working in a virtual machine last night. Can't wait to get it on some actual hardware someday.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I almost overtook Jasec by post count

anyways new thread, gonna make giveaway now, I was lazy to do yesterday

Percentage-wise it's not quite up there with a certain other thread. ;)

sratp3nkx7.png

(Yes, I'm running Win8 now. I got stick of my Win7 installation crashing so I figured I'd give it a shot. Once I have everything sorted I'm going to buy ilomilo+ from the WinStore. It shall be my one and only WinStore purchase.)

Is the Beyond Good & Evil PC port ok and playable on modern computers? I keep meaning to play it but I don't want to if it's a horrible port

I played through it a few years ago and it was fine. Not great, but certainly playable.

My blindness strikes again, how do I make desura logo to show, can't find it in modbot description. :(

The Desura icon will be appended automatically provided Desura is mentioned in the product name. So for example, just use:

Half-Life 3 (Desura): AFJIFAJOIJOIAJFOIAOIFJOIA

MRORANGE

oh btw MRORANGE, regarding more Steam threads on gaf

Steam Dev Days videos: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=767306
Steam Music: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=762719

I think those won't be mentioned. The main icon threads are for threads that have a purpose to be there for a while for regular updates/changes rather than one off events. I was thinking of adding music, but it's such a tiny feature of BPM it didn't make sense and most people would either use the SteamOS thread or this one if they had any complications.

Let's start:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Red Orchestra -- MB-D4101FBAFC2263A0 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 8 entrants total.

t1393085148z1.png

Percentage-wise it's not quite up there with a certain other thread. ;)

sratp3nkx7.png

(Yes, I'm running Win8 now. I got stick of my Win7 installation crashing so I figured I'd give it a shot. Once I have everything sorted I'm going to buy ilomilo+ from the WinStore. It shall be my one and only WinStore purchase.)

I played through it a few years ago and it was fine. Not great, but certainly playable.

The Desura icon will be appended automatically provided Desura is mentioned in the product name. So for example, just use:

Half-Life 3 (Desura): AFJIFAJOIJOIAJFOIAOIFJOIA

Post count is okay but what about the avatar count? How many Saoirses you spent at last thread?
P.S.: Congrats on moving to W8 now get W8.1

Jawmuncher

hey new thread!

gonna ask this here too:

So outside of Chaos Theory, which TC games are recommended?

The Original Ghost Recon (and if you want even more of that the expansions) and Rainbow Six 3 Gold are in my eyes the best of the best in those franchises. That was when those franchises were actual tactical shooter which we don't really see much of these days and are fun if you are into that sort of thing.

I think those won't be mentioned. The main icon threads are for threads that have a purpose to be there for a while for regular updates/changes rather than one off events. I was thinking of adding music, but it's such a tiny feature of BPM it didn't make sense and most people would either use the SteamOS thread or this one if they had any complications.

Alright. Makes sense.

Music is going to be extended to desktop client too btw.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh shit I made the shame columm? /hifive

Garcia

For the new thread:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-F03B94C0E4357A71
Dust: An Elysian Tale -- MB-BA124F8498E0936B
Guacamelee! -- MB-4C388F585BE8C502

t1393095318z1.png

Jawmuncher

Kinda glad I didn't make as many posts in the last thread.
I was always checking it but I was actually doing a fare amount of actual game playing for once.

Tizoc

Ah new thread~

OK so sell me on:
Skybound
Aarklash legacy

AL I hear is like offline League of Legends right? What about story, characters, etc?

Jawmuncher

Seems Dysfunctional Systems dev is going to kickstarter to finish the series https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dischan/dysfunctional-systems?ref=discovery .

Someone needs to make a thread for that if they haven't already. Plus also stating that the first part is currently part of the indiegala bundle. I would make that thread but I haven't played it yet (downloading now). But if it's even half as good as Junipers Knot then they'll get my money

The-Bean

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Space Engineers -- MB-045797007E13F805

t1393095634z1.png

Another giveaway as thanks for all the ones you guys do.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Thought that my wallet was going to be safe till the summer sale but I couldn't be more wrong. This week only I spent over 30$ on the weeklong deals and the Ubi sale. Damn you Gaben

hmm I think I'm going to settle on just CT today and wait for more dailies

might snatch a PoP game or BG&E if gets a deeper discount

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thought that my wallet was going to be safe till the summer sale but I couldn't be more wrong. This week only I spent over 30$ on the weeklong deals and the Ubi sale. Damn you Gaben

The Ubi sale is early this year... after being early last year, too. In the past it was typically held in May, but last year it was brought forward to March and this year earlier still to February.

Cheddahz

Banned
Someone needs to make a thread for that if they haven't already. Plus also stating that the first part is currently part of the indiegala bundle. I would make that thread but I haven't played it yet (downloading now). But if it's even half as good as Junipers Knot then they'll get my money

I'm currently making the thread for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom