• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
One prince after three or so assassins wouldn't hurt.

Well, from Ubi's perspective, it could either be an Assassin's Creed game, which would be guaranteed to sell at least a few million, or a Price of Persia game, which would have a distinct possibility of bombing.

Cheddahz

Banned
Well, from Ubi's perspective, it could either be an Assassin's Creed game, which would be guaranteed to sell at least a few million, or a Price of Persia game, which would have a distinct possibility of bombing.

Didn't the last PoP game bomb?

Garcia

Playing Dynamite Jack. Neat little game, quite straightforward to get into and the 3 challenges per stage are a good incentive.

Ryne

South Park is taking to long to get here.

I am using this time to beat bravely default so that I have no interruptions for SP

StAidan

Well, I installed a new video card earlier this week after my old one crapped out. I upgraded to a GTX 650 Ti, but unfortunately my video driver has been crashing ever since, often requiring me to hard reboot my machine. (Funny enough, it crashes every 5-20 minutes on the Windows desktop, but never happens in game.)

So, after a whole bunch of unfruitful fiddling with driver settings and hardware configuration, I guess my next step is to try and reinstall Windows. I'll be going from 8.0 to 8.1, other than that nothing will change, but hopefully it stops this infernal crashing.

Now, to get Game Save Manager going... Can't be losing any of my dang saves.

didamangi

Well, I installed a new video card earlier this week after my old one crapped out. I upgraded to a GTX 650 Ti, but unfortunately my video driver has been crashing ever since, often requiring me to hard reboot my machine. (Funny enough, it crashes every 5-20 minutes on the Windows desktop, but never happens in game.)

So, after a whole bunch of unfruitful fiddling with driver settings and hardware configuration, I guess my next step is to try and reinstall Windows. I'll be going from 8.0 to 8.1, other than that nothing will change, but hopefully it stops this infernal crashing.

Now, to get Game Save Manager going... Can't be losing any of my dang saves.

What's your power supply?

neoemonk

Dark Souls II may be the first game I double dip on. I want it on PC but I also can't wait to play it and I've been eyeballing the collector's edition. That hardcover art book looks awesome.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So I ended up cracking and picking up the Rambo videogame cheap on PC, played through basically the intro, the First Blood portion and a few levels of Rambo II. I was actually quite surprised how they handled First Blood, I was expecting them to go fuck it and just kill all the cops even in the starting police station but with the police station escape they use QTEs and reinact those moments from the film. The next level is the national guards in the forest and you get more points for disarming/shooting them in the legs rather than killing them. I must admit I did smile at them doing the knife to the sheriffs throat part. It's just strange seeing them handle First Blood in a videogame, afterall it's not an action film but a film about vietnam veterans suffering from PTSD and being treated like shit when they came back home to the US.

Now the sequels, or at least First Blood 2 is were it feels more at home for this game since I've not played the Rambo III portion yet. The first level has you sneaking about using your crossbow and then it goes straight for the typical lightgun style action. The QTE parts are your standard pressing timed button presses

There are perks which you get by leveling up etc and I guess there's plenty of room for improving your score, replaying levels etc. It does very much scream a 5/10 game but it's core 'lightgun' mechanics are pretty solid IMO and I won't lie when I say the Rambo license is part of the reason I picked it up, couldn't resist. It's a likeable enough budget game IMO, I've played much worse bigger budget games. I paid around a tenner for it and don't regret it.

I wonder why Ubi-Steam-Sale-Decision-Maker decided to leave out Ghost Recon Pack 2014 from the Tom Clancy sale. It's a pack that has all the Ghost Recon Games (even Future Soldier) and DLC in a neat package.

And...hooray for the new thread!

Garcia

Dark Souls II may be the first game I double dip on. I want it on PC but I also can't wait to play it and I've been eyeballing the collector's edition. That hardcover art book looks awesome.

I think it'll be worth the money. The PS3 version is my first pre-sale of the year.

I hope the PC version isn't like a month or so away from the console versions. It will be a pain in the butt to wait that long for my most anticipated game of this year.
But as much as I worship Souls I certainly won't buy double dip. I suspect that it's just Scamco who just wants people to double dip on the game. I don't support such a thing.

Grief.exe

I think it'll be worth the money. The PS3 version is my first pre-sale of the year.

Traitors.

You are right where Namco wants you.

I hope the PC version isn't like a month or so away from the console versions. It will be a pain in the butt to wait that long for my most anticipated game of this year.
But as much as I worship Souls I certainly won't buy double dip. I suspect that it's just Scamco who just wants people to double dip on the game. I don't support such a thing.

All information out of From Software is it will still release in March. They said yesterday that they will announce a PC release date, 'very soon.'

derExperte

Don't you all remember how terrible the framerate of DS1 got on PS3 later on? Negatively influenced the gameplay and was headache inducing.

The-Bean

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Space Engineers -- MB-045797007E13F805

t1393095634z1.png

2 hours left.

Garcia

For those who have played Bit Trip Runner 2: Is there any way to get perfect bullseye everytime you finish a level? or do I just have to get better at it? :-/ . It's just that I lose the motivation to perfect score every level because of the chances I might not get it right (which happens ~50% of the time).

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Traitors.

You are right where Namco wants you.

All information out of From Software is it will still release in March. They said yesterday that they will announce a PC release date, 'very soon.'

I'm just fed up not knowing an exact date. It feels like Namco Bandai are fucking around and purposefully delaying the game. That may not be the case, but I'm not keen on the silence.

StAidan

What's your power supply?

It's 475w, which of course the 650 Ti requires 400w minimum. My machine is nearly 3 years old, also not in my favor is that it's an OEM device (Dell XPS 9000, first gen i7), so it could easily be a compatibility issue as well.

This type of problem seems pretty common with this card (regardless of manufacturer, but mine's EVGA) judging by a Google search. Kind of a bummer.

Grief.exe

I'm just fed up not knowing an exact date. It feels like Namco Bandai are fucking around and purposefully delaying the game. That may not be the case, but I'm not keen on the silence.

It all depends what the Japanese definition of very soon is.

If they release the date to us in the next few days, then we know From has been working hard trying to nail down the 'gold' date.

If they magically release the date just after the console version releases, then we will know that Bandai has been bullshitting us this whole time.

I just want to hear about the PC port. Will it have Steam Achievements? Is it really Steamworks (Its never been officially confirmed)? Graphical options? Will online still use dedicated servers? And more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom