• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

Ah new smell .

New thread .

Also some portal 2 shots :

portal22014-02-2216-0i7lpe.jpg

didamangi

A little giveaway for you guys

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam gift. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory -- MB-B89017C06096A25B - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 19 entrants total.

t1393090818z1.png

It's 475w, which of course the 650 Ti requires 400w minimum. My machine is nearly 3 years old, also not in my favor is that it's an OEM device (Dell XPS 9000, first gen i7), so it could easily be a compatibility issue as well.

This type of problem seems pretty common with this card (regardless of manufacturer, but mine's EVGA) judging by a Google search. Kind of a bummer.

Yeah, the psu should be enough if it's still in good working condition. Is there an integrated GPU on there? If it's stable using integrated GPU maybe the PSU is the problem, or maybe it just a driver problem as well, so maybe try installing older whql nvidia driver and test it out first.

BruteUA

It's 475w, which of course the 650 Ti requires 400w minimum. My machine is nearly 3 years old, also not in my favor is that it's an OEM device (Dell XPS 9000, first gen i7), so it could easily be a compatibility issue as well.

This type of problem seems pretty common with this card (regardless of manufacturer, but mine's EVGA) judging by a Google search. Kind of a bummer.

I just put an EVGA 660 SuperClocked Signature 2 in my 4 year old Dell XPS 435t (same as the 9000). It's been working great, such an eye opening experience coming from an HD 4350. Before doing it, I read in a couple different places that the stock power supply is considered underrated at 475w. I'm sorry I can't help with your issue, but depending on any other components you might have added, the PSU may not be the problem.

If you do end up upgrading the PSU tho, drop me a note and tell me what you went with. Apparently our cases require either a non-standard size or some creativity to get a standard PSU to fit properly.

yogloo

I am thinking of buying a usb gamepad for on the go gaming. Any ideas on what to get? I am looking at plain xbox360 wired controller but the dpad sucks and it is kinda big. I don't want bluetooth controllers since I want to use it during flights.

Grief.exe

I am thinking of buying a usb gamepad for on the go gaming. Any ideas on what to get? I am looking at plain xbox360 wired controller but the dpad sucks and it is kinda big. I don't want bluetooth controllers since I want to use it during flights.

Can DS3 controllers be played through the USB plug in? While using the Xinput wrapper?

Don't know if DS4 controllers have a similar USB input.

didamangi

The Logitech F510 or F310 is pretty good, has a better dpad and a switch for xinput - direct input as well.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
It all depends what the Japanese definition of very soon is.

If they release the date to us in the next few days, then we know From has been working hard trying to nail down the 'gold' date.

If they magically release the date just after the console version releases, then we will know that Bandai has been bullshitting us this whole time.

I just want to hear about the PC port. Will it have Steam Achievements? Is it really Steamworks (Its never been officially confirmed)? Graphical options? Will online still use dedicated servers? And more.

Very true, but I'm genuinely not sure if I can hold out for the PC if they play that game :( (and it's a few months). I wouldn't be double dipping either (until the PC version was at least £5) but I know I'm weak, well for the franchises I love that is. Then again I don't claim to be patient or start bycotts etc.

I'm loving Chaos Theory right now and I'm really interested in picking up Double Agent even though I hear it's a terrible port. Is it worth $2.50?

Faabulous

Literally broke my controller while playing Dark Souls. Now I'm stuck with a mouse and keyboard the whole weekend

what to do

Grief.exe

The intro scenes in CoD4: MW are completely skippable! Best part of the game so far.

2007 was such a magical time, now I have to go into the folders and delete bik files to get rid of them entirely.

fantomena

Was suppose to buy HAWX 1, Rainbow Six 1, Lockdown, Ghost Recon 1 and Advanced Warfighter 1, but I will wait for the next Ubisoft pub sale. Haven't even installed the sequels.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm loving Chaos Theory right now and I'm really interested in picking up Double Agent even though I hear it's a terrible port. Is it worth $2.50?
Yeah the issues I had were pretty easy to work out for me and I enjoyed the game, they had some pretty interesting ideas.

Tellaerin

Crap. I wake up and we're five pages into a new thread. I feel like Rip Van Winkle here. Anything exciting happen while I was unconscious?

Literally broke my controller while playing Dark Souls. Now I'm stuck with a mouse and keyboard the whole weekend

what to do

Pick up a cheap controller ASAP and get back to Dark Souls? >.>

To all the Dota2 players here, how do you tear yourselves away from it to play anything else.

They come up with a new event every month or so it seems, and the lure of easy cosmetics during it is too strong.

didamangi

The intro scenes in CoD4: MW are completely skippable! Best part of the game so far.

2007 was such a magical time, now I have to go into the folders and delete bik files to get rid of them entirely.

One of my pet peeve, at least on pc you can get around it almost all the time. It'll probably annoyed me to no end if I had a console since I play games on short bursts.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
To all the Dota2 players here, how do you tear yourselves away from it to play anything else.

They come up with a new event every month or so it seems, and the lure of easy cosmetics during it is too strong.

They don't, which is why the daily player counts are as high as they are. :p

killatopak

Gold Member

I refrain from starting up steam. After a day or so, I forget about Dota2.

And then proceed to play OG Dota.

Just play another interesting game. This works for me most of the time. This is coming from a guy who played dota for 9 years.

Matchew

I'm using my DS4 and it's great. I have it plug in using USB, not bluetooth.

Faabulous

Pick up a cheap controller ASAP and get back to Dark Souls? >.>

It's saturday, the place I buy computer stuff off is closed and I live in a small city so there is nowhere else.
Sad I'll miss the Gravelord event on the undead burg. 360 controllers should have more durable analog sticks lol

Faabulous

New Bloom just wasn't very fun to me, so that helped. I just watch some dota on twitch to scratch the itch and help control myself. Try that sometime.

Grief.exe

One of my pet peeve, at least on pc you can get around it almost all the time. It'll probably annoyed me to no end if I had a console since I play games on short bursts.

I can tell you from my recent PS3 acquisition that consoles are frustratingly slow even before the splash screens at the start.

Loading to start the console, loading to start the game, splash screen, loading to resume your save.

If you have to update the console or the game, good night.

New Bloom just wasn't very fun to me, so that helped. I just watch some dota on twitch to scratch the itch and help control myself. Try that sometime.

I hated it too, but I still forced myself to grind it for the made-in-china genuine mythicals.

I actually loved Wraith Night though. I hoped it would become an alternate fun mode.

didamangi

Thank you so much, didamangi! So pumped for this! :D

Enjoy, one of my favorite games ever! I'll probably double dip for the steam collection one day as well :)

I can tell you from my recent PS3 acquisition that consoles are frustratingly slow even before the splash screens at the start.

Loading to start the console, loading to start the game, splash screen, loading to resume your save.

If you have to update the console or the game, good night.

Man, and if you consider the speed of SSD loading on PC as well :))

Having said that, I'll probably buy a PS3 long down the road just for the exclusives.

Was suppose to buy HAWX 1, Rainbow Six 1, Lockdown, Ghost Recon 1 and Advanced Warfighter 1, but I will wait for the next Ubisoft pub sale. Haven't even installed the sequels.

FWIW, some of the Tom Clancy games are the lowest they've been since 2012. There's no way of knowing when they might come down to this price again. If you're interested in these games, you should consider getting them now.

Tizoc

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooow
Time for some giveaways!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rush Bros. -- MB-1C3B0DAF015D4850 - Taken by Shalashaska. 3 entrants total.
Chaos on Deponia -- MB-C7D8C21385E3A3E9 - Taken by nacimento. 30 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-78E850007F24FC80 - Taken by Aaron. 68 entrants total.
Velocity Ultra -- MB-186EB15B1B56A618 - Taken by FauX. 26 entrants total.

t1393178074z1.png

Wooooooooooooooooooooow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom