• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Oh my, what a mess. Mystery game is most likely BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, as I don't see it in the list, if somehow something will go wrong with it, just PM me, I'll PM it back.
I personally recommend Hero of the Kingdom if you want to test your eyesight (you'll get it after playing) and want a relaxing game.
As for Desura games, these are ones I had multiple copies of, more than 2, I tried logically give away newest ones, in hope I redeemed just earlierst ones. I sincerely hope that's the case.
good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

MbmDY6z.png

ulgzbKC.png
Chompy Chomp Chomp (Desura) -- MB-24BA943A74BDB89D - Taken by The_Super_Inframan
ulgzbKC.png
Super Panda Adventures (Desura) -- MB-6D068EF96F1E553B - Taken by Ingueferroque
Dollar Dash -- MB-CD39D105A501322B - Taken by Mavromatis
Universe Sandbox -- MB-09745820889D1B38 - Taken by gwynplaine
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-BE995FCE9674CA24 - Taken by Dambrosi
Syberia II -- MB-FB6C4DF3A25DEE9B - Taken by Sub Zero
Syberia I -- MB-D76F8AF2AE77948B - Taken by thrillho
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-D4D3DACF188CDD49 - Taken by killatopak
Toki Tori 2 Plus -- MB-3DED70D16EC3ED08 - Taken by Vince McMahon
Vox -- MB-852184A8C6CBDF1E - Taken by Tesseract
ulgzbKC.png
Pulse Shift (Desura) -- MB-85E449E397541C1F - Taken by alr1ght

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks Arthea :) Ever since I saw that Toki Tori 2 infamous thread...I've been curious.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hope they reach the goal.

I've grown averse to backing Kickstarters that are successful or on track to be successful since the devs, for obvious reasons, can't guarantee if the "deluxe" tier/s will make it to Steam. Most recently, Double Fine stuffed up by not making a separate sub for $30+ backers when distributing keys, meaning that despite the presence of a game + OST bundle on the store, everybody was given a key that activated just the game itself regardless of how much they pledged; while Greg said DF was "looking into a solution*", this was more than a month ago and there hasn't been any word since. I'm starting to think that DF was hoping people would just forget about the whole thing.

* The solution is obvious: create a sub for the OST alone, have Valve generate a bunch of keys for it, and give them to Humble to add to the accounts of those who have the $30 tier or above (and in fact I mentioned this in the aforementioned thread as well as in a PM to Chris).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lol not for me I Am losing all my men for starvation. even when ppl die nothing change wtf

It's super hard. Found out a good plan is to start w/fishermen and hunting lodge. And then farmers. Once you get crops going steadily you'll have a glut of food. Hunters are better than I thought.

Oh my, what a mess. Mystery game is most likely BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, as I don't see it in the list, if somehow something will go wrong with it, just PM me, I'll PM it back.
I personally recommend Hero of the Kingdom if you want to test your eyesight (you'll get it after playing) and want a relaxing game.
As for Desura games, these are ones I had multiple copies of, more than 2, I tried logically give away newest ones, in hope I redeemed just earlierst ones. I sincerely hope that's the case.
good luck!

Thank you for the Dollar!

I wish enhanced steam could tell me which games had cards and steam achievements without clicking on each one. Its great to see which ones I own or are on my wish list but when these massive sales hits, sometimes I will buy a game for $3 I wasn't interested in but it happens to have trading cards or achievements.

Dambrosi

Banned
Looks like it's time to get my posting D wet.

Went for the mystery game before I realised what it might be. if it is BTR2, I'll nuke it. Already have it, thanks.

def sim

Thanks for Siberia, Arth. I'm going to need to start categorizing my games by genre. Placing everything into indie is not great.

Arthea

I shamelessly repost my first impressions of Skyborn from the old thread, as I noticed it's somehow an unknown game for gaf, never thought it's possible but this one seems to be. In general it's old school steampunk JRPG, which seems mostly liked by those that played it. It appears to be made with RPG maker.

I started Skyborn yesterday
First impressions are good: the game looks nice, was surprised how nicely mouse was implemented, liked Claret right away, and as you know, it's rather important to like a main character in RPGs. Super mechanic, workaholic female character? Definitely a plus.
it helped that her brother is a jerk and she tries to steal an airship right of the bat
, my girl!
Extremely arrogant winged guys that can go to your house every day and beat the hell out of you, just for fun, must be taken down
, so I got properly motivated too.
I haven't seen combat much yet, it seems to be build around danger levels, if so it includes some planing, but I've seen too little of combat to tell anything, will write about it sometime later when played more.

Spoilers aren't really spoilers as all this happen at the start, it's hidden in case someone is about to play and want a game to surprise them.

If you about to play it! Don't go around trying to take screenshots with F12 key, it kicks you out of the game, and if you haven't saved before, you lose all progress, I learnt that hard way (><)

zeroOman

It's super hard. Found out a good plan is to start w/fishermen and hunting lodge. And then farmers. Once you get crops going steadily you'll have a glut of food. Hunters are better than I thought.

I have 3 or 4 gathering hut and 3 hunting lodge and 1 fishermen and 4 farm and 2 tree farm.... I only have 70 ppl

Arthea

Thanks Arthea :) Ever since I saw that Toki Tori 2 infamous thread...I've been curious.

Thanks for for Chompy Chomp Chomp Arthea! :)

Thank you for the Dollar!

Thanks for Syberia II Arthea!

Thanks for Siberia, Arth. I'm going to need to start categorizing my games by genre. Placing everything into indie is not great.

You are all welcome, enjoy!

T-Matt

I kinda want to buy all those ghost recon and rainbow six vegas games. Never played any of them. Seem to have reviewed well at the time. Any opinions?

Dambrosi

Banned
Dammit, I can't tell what the mystery game is from the humble link. What do I do? Do I nuke it now, or redeem it and hope I can make a gift link out of it? I've forgotten how these things work. Help, GAF.

The_Monk

I just wanted to thank Steam-GAF because a family friend borrowed me his copy of AC IV Black Flag and at the start of the game they mentioned a cargo ship with sugar and the word molasses appears somewhere in the middle. If not for you I would never knew about this word and its meaning.

Steam-GAF, learning all sorts of things, one word at the time.

Arthea

Dammit, I can't tell what the mystery game is from the humble link. What do I do? Do I nuke it now, or redeem it and hope I can make a gift link out of it? I've forgotten how these things work. Help, GAF.

Do you mean from my giveaway? It's in my post, bit.trip runner 2

Parsnip

New thread, weeee wooo. Perfect timing since I just beat Demon's Souls and packed away my PS3 for good.

That's a lie, it's too early to pack away old consoles.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I kinda want to buy all those ghost recon and rainbow six vegas games. Never played any of them. Seem to have reviewed well at the time. Any opinions?

As someone who enjoyed the old Rainbow Six games, I totally hated the Vegas series because all the tactical options that made the series great were absent. They had a very fun co op mode though called Terrorist hunt but I not sure if these games still have an active online community

T-Matt

As someone who enjoyed the old Rainbow Six games, I totally hated the Vegas series because all the tactical options that made the series great were absent. They had a very fun co op mode though called Terrorist hunt but I not sure if these games still have an active online community

Hmm might buy vegas for a friend to play that mode with then. Thanks for your opinion.

Hanzou

I kind of want far cry 3 to go on sale but am really it sure if I will pick it up. Looks like a fun game to just screw around in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom