• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sid Meyer's Space whatever + DLC for .99 cents is pretty good.

But yeah, other than Brothers (which we all already bought), these are terrible.

Welcome to Amazon's Editor's Choice. It's always terrible.

We are on jan 9, they'll probably add more games later on, don't despair.

Speaking of Watch_Dogs, I'm so pumped for like all of Ubi's slate this year:

-AC: Liberation (supposedly they did more than enhance the GFX, preordered since it's 20$)
-Child of Light (amazing art/price point, will preorder ASAP)
-Valiant Hearts (amazing concept/art/price point, will preorder ASAP)
-Watch Dogs (Ass Creed + GTA love it, will preorder ASAP)
-Ass Creed 5 (give zero fucks, snort the series like cocaine)
-Far Cry 4 (FC3 + Blood Dragon completely redeemed the series)

This post will probably give Derrick a stroke.

I agree with all of those, but my anticipation for Watch Dogs has diminished since it was announced back at E3. It still looks crazy, but my expectation are tempered for the time being.

Luckily...but the time i go through my Ubi-backlog, these will all be 75% off anway

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I agree with all of those, but my anticipation for Watch Dogs has diminished since it was announced back at E3. It still looks crazy, but my expectation are tempered for the time being.

Luckily...but the time i go through my Ubi-backlog, these will all be 75% off anway

Yeah, Ubi is pretty reliable with the 1 year point sales percentages on games (75% off a lowered msrp, usually 30$).... pretty much what everyone wishes Activision would do.

Just in case there's someone out there without this yet:

ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare- -- MB-AA95E3DE76E8CAB5 - Taken by tylergregg. 1 entrants total.

t1389283570z1.png

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
One of my favorite games ever is Crysis, it's also the first game I bought for my first gamign PC ever.

Crysis 2 & 3 are piece of shits.

I'll reserve judgment until I play it but I liked C2 so you know I'm easy to please.

Turfster

There is no possible way to recover your old one? Evne through Ubi support? Does Ubi even have support?

I've tried contacting them, but apparently even their internal support tools can't read the password with "special" characters that password change form accepted.

I've given up, to be honest. It's not like I had anything of value on the account.

vg260

I'm excited for Watch Dogs just to see their virtual version of Chicago.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
dat lingering feeling when you feel like you've bought everything you want yet want to buy more in Steam

hehe u gotta try Tearaway, there's plenty of other stuff
and honestly, there are tons of games I would rather play on the Vita than PC
that includes Spelunky, Rogue Legacy and more

Eh, judging by reviews it's one of those "good looking games that only "feel" good but is actually shallow". The gameplay videos didn't even impress me. And good for you, but eh, owning it in PC doesn't really bother me.

Grief.exe

Nuuvem's CEO is saying that GTAV is coming to PC in March 12.

Dark Souls II month for me, so I don't really care.

Muyto Bom!

Dark Souls II and Titanfall are more deserving of our money that month. Don't give a fuck about releasing your game on time and DRM free? Then I don't give a fuck about buying your game on time.

Yeah, sounds like a good idea.
Of course, Ubi being Ubi, they'll probably release them without any fanfare while pushing Tom Clancy's AssCrud 21.

(Also, please don't uPlay them, Ubi. See? Gunslinger didn't have uPlay and I bought it. Learn from this experience.)

Ubi doesn't tend to force Uplay onto their 3rd party developers.

wilflare

bleh, anyone remember what's the issue with Gotham City Imposters?
if you bought the game before it went F2P, u get all the DLC free? was that it?

Grief.exe

bleh, anyone remember what's the issue with Gotham City Imposters?
if you bought the game before it went F2P, u get all the DLC free? was that it?

You got some extra items in the F2P version. I never signed up for that option since I never played the F2P version.

Fun game though.

I know. I just wish they'd stop forcing it on their 1st party devs too ;)

Agreed, I hate Uplay just as much as you.

That's like the third time you say that, grief. And it's wrong.

It's "Muito Bom". We don't officially have Y in the Brazilian Alphabet.

Damn.

I spent a weekend backpacking and winter camping with a guy from Brazil.

He didn't speak a word of English, but we learned some phrases.

Actually, potentially very dangerous, but we made sure that he understood the important stuff.

Brainsaw

Neo Member
I didn't know there were so many AssCreed fans here.
I was hyped for the first game, but found the game incredibly boring once I played it (this was still in the early xbox360 days). Never bothered with the franchise ever since. I love me some RPGs though and never mind linear games, so I guess I'm not supposed to either ;)

Blasphemy: I never liked GTA after #2 either.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Agreed, I hate Uplay just as much as you.

The only thing I hate more than Uplay is when developers don't list it on the Steam pages and thus we have no warning. At least if they list it somewhere, and you're using Enhanced Steam, you know what you're getting yourself into.

I hope there are mods to make earning enough money to buy up everything less of a grind.

yup. I lost all interest after beating the game...basically if you don't work the stock market mission perfectly at the end of the game, you can't make enough money to buy all of the properties.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
JShackles, how do I uninstall ES Standalone?

If you run the uninstaller, it should put everything back to normal. Just to make sure, run the program and stop the services. Then close the program and uninstall.

Posting this again.

It is currently unavailable. From Tony's post on reddit it also seems as though it will be awhile before it returns.

Stolen from Lain's post in the amazon sales thread:

**NOTE:
Regarding an expiration date, I have a question mark there because we're going to leave the bundle up until we run out of keys for something in it (at which point the bundle is auto killed by our systems).
I'm pretty sure we're going to run out of keys, and anyone who has followed our bundle sales before has seen how long it can take to get new ones...
I figure I'd head the conspiracy theorists off at the pass and just put a question mark in place of an end date. **

Muyto Bom!

Dark Souls II and Titanfall are more deserving of our money that month. Don't give a fuck about releasing your game on time and DRM free? Then I don't give a fuck about buying your game on time.

Ubi doesn't tend to force Uplay onto their 3rd party developers.

....you aren't really hip anderson cooper??....

Wait, are the ME2 DLC packs just generic Bioware points? Because I need those for Mass Effect 3 DLC.

My brother is a huge Cryengine fanboy, but he couldn't even stomach the shit that was Crysis 3. Proof that no amount of graphics can save a game.

Cryengine fanboy and Crysis fanboy are two diffferent things.

HoosTrax

It's a Brendon Chung game as slapstick comedy and it's really, genuinely hysterical.
Oh god...it's the guy who made Thirty Flights of Loving isn't it. I hope this one doesn't require you to have seen dozens of obscure movies to be able to get anything out of it.

kulapik

Oh god...it's the guy who made Thirty Flights of Loving isn't it. I hope this one doesn't require you to have seen dozens of obscure movies to be able to get anything out of it.

And I hope it lasts more than 15 minutes and you actually can do something.

haven't played it, just hatin'

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I really enjoyed 30 Flights of Loving, and could almost guarantee that I haven't seen any of the obscure movies you're talking about. I wouldn't exactly recommend anybody buy it at full price, it's a 10 minute thing. But I ended up with it...somehow. I don't remember if it was on sale or what, but I wasn't upset with my purchase.

fallout

I've never seen an obscure movie and I got plenty out of Thirty Flights of Loving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom