• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2014 - Insert witty title here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdmondD

I hope we do a special PC OT for Dark Souls II

Be prepared your dream for a good PC port of Dark Souls 2 is about to be shattered! Nah, I'm kidding I really do hope it's a good port with all the fancy lighting effects but I don't have much faith in From.

Nice work on the new thread, it looks great.

I'm going through the Arkham games right now, i juggled with getting Origins but caved before the weekend deal finished, and i got the season pass too, if it's as buggy as the console version i'll just have to grit my teeth and get on with it.

I do need to upgrade for the release of Arkham Knight though.

Scipius

Another raffle. Some decent bundles today.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Scipius, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SkyDrift -- MB-832DD61655D62ECE - Taken by Ingueferroque. 11 entrants total.

t1396402695z1.png

Dambrosi

Banned
PayDay 2 is getting some massive free updates

also this was pretty good

Heisters,

It seems that the police together with Gensec have gone all out in their efforts to stop us from heisting. Below we share the little information we've gathered from these new enemies.

Introducing the Mirror Shield
Using the latest Gensec developed L.I.N.K. technology, the new Mirror Shields will be able to reflect any projectiles that are shot at them. Also, trying to melee the shield will make you melee yourself.

MirrorShield.png

I like overkill

I need to get back to it
Dark Souls 2 ripoff! Sue 'em FROM! >:-(

Shit getting seriously sci-fi in that
April Fools joke
update. I approve.

Grief.exe

Be prepared your dream for a good PC port of Dark Souls 2 is about to be shattered! Nah, I'm kidding I really do hope it's a good port with all the fancy lighting effects but I don't have much faith in From.

Namco PR rep came out and said all the screens on Steam were direct from the PC version, they also removed all those screens from the reveal in April and TGS.

So don't hold your breath on fancy lighting. Solid port? I would say it will be.

Firebrand

Awesome giveaway, Arthea! Spent a while trying to figure out some of them last night.

edit: Ah, saw the list a few pages back

Cth

Thanks arts&crafts for Not The Robots.. been wanting to try the game and missed out on the bunde!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
For those new to Steam, how big is the summer sale?

It is the stuff of legends. You can expect almost everything in the store to be 50-75% off (or more). Of course, it's up to the publishers so there are always exceptions (like basically, anything by Activision) but it's generally best to plan on having some money on hand and picking up enough games to last you until the Winter sale later in the year.

Traditionally, each day will yield 8-12 new "daily deals" where the discounts are even higher than normal. It's like having a coupon apply to something on clearance, and it's all together wonderful.

$h@d0w

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Broken Sword II The Smoking Mirror -- MB-9F36F9BE9FA7C418 - Taken by Sub Zero. 15 entrants total.

t1396403323z1.png

Enjoy this game on me.

maneil99

So I bought 11 Bravo Crates for $0.90~ea about a month ago and now they are worth 2.0~ and rising
the-grinch-grin.gif

All technically free from phoenix case money too

It's insane. Last summer was my first Summer Sale and it's crazy. Sales all day, every day. Watching the Steam thread freak out when a new batch of sales starts, waiting for your favorite games to get a huge discount, waiting for your prefered Communty Choice to lose to some other game. It's awesome and your wallet and backlog will hate you for months to come

It is the stuff of legends. You can expect almost everything in the store to be 50-75% off (or more). Of course, it's up to the publishers so there are always exceptions (like basically, anything by Activision) but it's generally best to plan on having some money on hand and picking up enough games to last you until the Winter sale later in the year.

Traditionally, each day will yield 8-12 new "daily deals" where the discounts are even higher than normal. It's like having a coupon apply to something on clearance, and it's all together wonderful.

WHOA.
Need to clean my backlog.

my personal take is unless you have absolutely nothing to play and want to buy something then obviously buy something if it catches your fancy during the summer sale. If you can wait until the winter sale, there usually is some type of meta game which also includes incentives for buying stuff on the store.

zkylon

zkylewd
queso thanks for interstellar marines

had good luck today

also tried that final exam game i got. weird game, kinda like a singleplayer/coop version of that game from the magicka guys or maybe like a sidescroller l4d? i dunno, playing it on my own is kinda unexciting but sounds like it might be a bit better with friends if classes and weapons get varied enough

PayDay 2 is getting some massive free updates

I need to get back to it
yea i keep telling myself i gotta play some payday 2 again and end up reinstalling it and after a few weeks of having to download what it feels like a million patches i just shut it down again

i heard they reworked stealth and whatnot but

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Tuesday maintenance, sit tight

Sajjaja

Just got two coupons:
75% off Skulls of the Shogun
75% off Flotilla

Anyone want them? Skulls of the Shogun is really fun. $3.74 is a great price.

Nabs

Man. It's so hard to talk about Goat Simulator without spoiling it. I'm going to have to hold off :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
"Snowy"

Merely a guise for a support for white supremacy.
So are you implying Tintin is racist and that black guys in his comics are depicted as being utterly stupid?

tintin-au-congo-decision-le-5-mai-2010-01.jpg

Tintin-goes-insane-9.gif

I think you are crazy!

I love Tintin, it just wouldn't be the same if Congo guys were smart :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, there's a reason the Congo and USSR books never got adapted for the TV series :p
And the USSR one was never released in color. In fact, I only found out it existed when I went to download the books that my dad's collection is missing. It doesn't even appear in the list of comics that's featured on every book.

I'd love to get a physical copy of the ones I don't have, though sadly I haven't seen them in any library. Maybe I should try to track down some used copies on the internet...

How big it is? Well, know that when I bought my first Steam game back in July 2012 (Max Payne 3) from Amazon I wasn't planning on buying anything else. Summer Sale started less than 2 weeks later and I ended up spending close to 100 bucks (though a part of it was spread between GMG and Amazon too). So yeah, they are big. Pretty much everything is discounted.

zkylon

zkylewd
So are you implying Tintin is racist and that black guys in his comics are depicted as being utterly stupid?

tintin-au-congo-decision-le-5-mai-2010-01.jpg

Tintin-goes-insane-9.gif

I think you are crazy!

I love Tintin, it just wouldn't be the same if Congo guys were smart :p
not to mention that hilarious banned ussr book where tintin finds out that in russian factories workers are actually burning books instead of manufacturing crap

but hey racist or not captain haddock was a true man

And the USSR one was never released in color. In fact, I only found out it existed when I went to download the books that my dad's collection is missing. It doesn't even appear in the list of comics that's featured on every book.

I'd love to get a physical copy of the ones I don't have, though sadly I haven't seen them in any library. Maybe I should try to track down some used copies on the internet...
i'm pretty sure the edition i have is in color

it's somewhere at my dad's place but i'm pretty sure it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom