• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I would like a Dark Souls game with Wind Waker's art style. Or maybe just have From make the next Zelda.

Speaking of Zelda, anyone pulled the trigger on that new Zelda looking game? Images look nice but 20€ is a little out of my "ill risk it" zone, especially with DS3 out in 2 days

FLD

ds3 is going to make me fail so many tests :x

You and me both. I'm trying to rush through an assignment this week-end that's due tuesday night so that I can play monday night and tuesday all day.

Of course, I have other assignments that are due this week... Plus, this is my last semester before graduation. Can't afford to fuck up now!

Soulflarz

Banned
You and me both. I'm trying to rush through an assignment this week-end that's due tuesday night so that I can play monday night and tuesday all day.

Of course, I have other assignments that are due this week... Plus, this is my last semester before graduation. Can't afford to fuck up now!

welp

I'm a freshman, need basically to keep my 3.8

Lots of homework. Test tuesday which is just a wall of memorization and I'll get an A in the class if I do that. Math test the next week and astronomy test. Both monday/tuesday, I forget.

DOOMED.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
If you like Metroid, get Axiom Verge. It's on sale right now.

Mad Max becomes only better with more time. Almost fully maxed (heh) out my car and myself, and just now do I feel like a badass tearing up convoys left and right.
Usually lazy to use photo mode but once in a while it's neat to capture something nice. I got a whole lot more non-photo mode shots :s
WIbiEo0.png
yBhPGM9.png

ev4kIhV.png
EKLOr9t.png
I watched a review for Salt and Sanctuary and it looked phenomenal.
So good. Gonna be nice once it comes to PC.

Speevy

Banned
I played Warden or whatever it's called, the Wind Waker thing.

Umm...yeah. It was certainly designed by someone who has a great affection for Wind Waker. The graphics are colorful and cartoonish, and the world is bigger than I was expecting. There are dungeons with puzzles to solve. It appears as though you don't get a single unique weapon in the game (maybe I'm wrong), but instead you just go around picking up bats, axes, swords, etc. from the ground. These weapons break.

The music is pleasant enough. I can tell that a great deal of care went into this game's presentation, since it genuinely looks like the game you'd want to scratch your Zelda itch.

You control your little Mii-looking character in much the same way you'd control Link, with lock ons and basic attacks. I'm sure there are more weapons. There are also context sensitive actions such as crawling, climbing, and talking to friendly NPCs. There are a lot of creatures in this game who want to talk to you, to be sure.

In my short time with the game, I encountered a smattering of easy box puzzles, a few carnivorous plants, and a big fat baddie who had a health bar I was able to decimate with a few hits. In addition, there were a couple of sword-wielding foes with masks. I have to hand it to whomever did the art for this game, because many of the designs really live up to their inspirations.

Sadly, as with many attempts to copy Nintendo games, there are some things that just don't measure up. The camera appears to do this janky thing where it starts battling with you every so often, so you have to readjust. The overhead camera is ever so slightly too far forward or back, I can't decide. There's a jump button that lets you get on top of blocks and such, but more often than not it makes the whole experience feel floaty.

The controls feel far too loose for the type of game it's emulating, and you're quickly aware of how combat does not respond nearly so easily as Nintendo's 2003 game. I lost many a battle because I could not move around my foe, and one enemy even got stuck behind a rock. Collision detection is not great either.

It's not that I'm saying this is a bad game, but it appears as an unpolished one. And when you're making a tribute to Wind Waker, there's almost zero margin for error in the polish department. I don't even like Wind Waker's adventure past the forest level, but that game is built on such rock-solid foundations that any developer would have a hard time keeping up.

I'm afraid those looking for something beyond just "Hey, I remember that in Wind Waker." will have to keep looking.

Those Max pics look so nice
Yay \o/ Glad you like them. I can totally recommend this game to you Rhaknar. If I remember right, you got the current Humble Monthly where this is included. Just remember to bring time and patience. It has a slightly slow beginning which can become even longer if you get lost in side occupations. Even now after 23 hours I stop often to soak in the beautiful world.

hesho

I really wanted AMD to have HBM2 out by this year. It's going to test my patience so much to wait for HBM2 on AMD in 2017.

Alternatively, I seriously hope nVidia adopts FreeSync (Adaptive Sync) and then I can just buy nVidia's next card.

nvidia supporting freesync will never happen as long as gsync sells.. which it is..

Eila

Does anyone know how many games I can idle simultaneously and still get card drops?
All of them? But running 2 or more games simultaneously greatly reduces the chance of card drops. Like, one per several hours.
Though idlemaster only does up to 30 games at one time.

Soulflarz

Banned
All of them? But running 2 or more games simultaneously greatly reduces the chance of card drops. Like, one per several hours.
Though idlemaster only does up to 30 games at one time.

Yeep, unless you want a ton of games with like 16hr for your card drops, don't do it.

Erekiddo

I have 840 card drops remaining. Trying to scape together Dark Souls 3 money.

Dropped about 120 cards in 5 days. Thinking of running multiple.

Jawmuncher

It's a pity id made the incredibly shortsighted decision to create the game's art assets with three X360 DVDs in mind. Carmack even admitted on Twitter that an optional texture pack for the PC version would be pointless as the uncompressed textures, while free of compression artefacts, don't actually have more detail.

It's limped to that mark, though. The game is almost 4.5 years old now and there are still around 2.5 years to go until its age and the amount of time it spent in development are one and the same. I honestly would not be surprised if sales revenue has yet to exceed total development cost (the combined investments of id, EA and Bethesda).

Yeah it probably just broke even

Eila

I have 840 card drops remaining. Trying to scape together Dark Souls 3 money.

Dropped about 120 cards in 5 days. Thinking of running multiple.

Sadly there is no faster way to do it. Although this probably helps keep the prices a bit higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom