• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

RH3oau2.png

HLepZ0y.jpg

Enter the Gungeon
- More_Badass
Take the wild weapons, crazy items, and weird enemies of Binding of Isaac, mix it with the satisfying shooting and skillful dodging of Nuclear Throne, and then add some more tactical elements and a ballistic-themed fantasy world of gun-toting bullets and weapon crafting witches, and that's Enter The Gungeon.

A frenetic dual-stick shooter with roguelite aspects, Gungeon drops you into the titular fabled dungeon where all manner of odd enemies and traps lurk. Luckily, there are over 200 guns to be found, from your generic pistols and shotguns to more exotic arms that unleash bees or oil or shark-infested waters, as well as myriad items that embue you with special abilities and game-changing buffs. A three-weapon loadout means you can discover synergies for any situation, and when bullets aren't enough, you can take cover or deftly dodge-roll around incoming projectiles

And those skills aren't enough, you can always bring a friend for some local co-op action

The Banner Saga 2
- Nete
The Banner Saga was one of the first "big" successful projects we had on Kickstarter, taking advantage of the momentum started by Broken Age one month earlier to fund a story-driven SRPG with some fine writing, great characters and a pretty unique Norse-ish setting. On it, we will lead a caravan of people fleeing from their homes as their only chance to survive in a world where the gods are dead, and the game really shines making you feel the burden of leadership each time you must face a decision in a journey system reminder to the old Oregon Trail. The combat is also kinda unique, and although it could do with more variety of everything, the use of Health as both, Life and Attack power, makes for a really interesting and refreshing system once it clicks in your head. It's also a stupidly gorgeous game, combining backgrounds inspired in the work of Eyvind Earle and 2D animations with some good ol' hand-drawn feeling. The music by Austin Wintory is the icing on the delicious cake that is the game fantastic atmosphere.

The Banner Saga 2 promises to do everything the first game did, but better.

Deadbolt
- More_Badass
After the success of sci-fi roguelite Risk of Rain, Hopoo Games is back with Deadbolt. In Deadbolt, you play as the ultimate harbinger of death, the Reaper himself, in a noir-ish take on supernatural fantasy. Unleash your wrath upon on undead gangs, vampire nightclubs, and more, blending furious firepower. stealth, and otherworldly abilities. Shoot out lights, wield knives, axes, or your scythe to cut enemies down quietly, take cover behind flipped tables and blow enemies apart with everything from pistols to grenade launchers. And if you've mastered the campaign, you can also create and share your own levels.

THdtbRc.jpg
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread. The discussion of splitting retail packs is fine though.
  • Do not spam post your steam stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • Examples of good posting behaviour and bad posting behaviour.
  • Don't hype pre-order bundles that you have no idea about.Just buy them!
6DGEBFt.jpg
6DGEBFt.jpg

anvsCf6.jpg

Pm me a recommendation, make sure you request first as someone else might have reserved it.

For the new page with updated Spreadsheetedness!!!

Right then boys and girls seeing as this is a pain in the arse to do in game let's try this...

Google Form to Submit Your Details

**Spreadsheet**

If you need to grab your permalink Steam ID check your profile under Enhanced Steam or on AStats. If you can't or struggle to find it don't worry I'm going to clean up the Spreadsheet before posting it as it's open to the public to make things easier so will more than likely full of rubbish that needs tidying up.

4 but who's counting? Well unless you made a mistake :p

So when does the 'Winter/Spring/Summer/Autumn' sale start? The Winter Sale should start December 22nd.This thread will be closed after the sale starts.

This might need an update to "Stop asking, nobody knows."

MRORANGE

Pm me a recommendation, make sure you request first as someone else might have reserved it.

modbot linked btw!

giphy.gif

MRORANGE

Surprised by so few recommendations for April.... is this month like a dry well or something? I'm pretty sure there's something coming out this month.

Gotta wait until May for all the good stuff, I guess...

I'm not at my computer right now to confirm some of this information, as a result this is all off the top of my head.

Moving files between storage in Steam is actually really easy. What you forgot to move is the files that are attached to the appid numbers in the /steamapps folder. Move the actual game folder to the new drive, then move the files in the steamapps folder to the new drive.

I don't have the specific file extension for those files since I'm not at my computer, but their name is the steam app id which can be found at steamdb.
Ah, the appmanifest .acf files? Those get moved too, but there's always at least a few games that Steam acts like they aren't installed. If I "install" them it downloads something for a bit and then jumps to 100% and shows it as installed.

Might just be a Steam quirk. Hopefully everything gets recognized, but just in case I'll have to make a note of what I have installed so I can run through my list and "install" any that Steam doesn't end up recognizing.

Dsyndrome

Turned on Baldur's Gate after installing the new patch and got retroactive achievements. That's what I like to see.

sadblob

Said it last month, but perhaps it was not that visible. The Tiki One Cleaner link given in the main post is broken, here is a correct one.
Is there any room for surprise regarding today's jokes?

Good luck guys, I hope you're as excited as I am for Dark Souls III!
What very generous and appreciated act. Appreciated!
Not entering so that Fresh Veggies can win it. <3
I too hope that lad gets lucky. &#9829;
Entering so fresh veggie can't win
<3
You're tearing me apart Jawmuncher.
It's my birthday as well.
Happy birthday.
Happy birthday to you as well.
That's good news.
----
Some Gamersyde goodness.
Adr1ft hitting HTC Vive in May
FFXV: release date, screens & trailers
This is gonna be great once it hits PC.

Anno

Woo nice new thread.

Also, Hyper Light Drifter is super legit. Looks great, sounds great, controls really well with a Steam controller.

zkylon

zkylewd
i dont get why ppl say ff15 looks bad

it has like weird amounts of aliasing but it looks pretty good i think

oipic

Thread title is lame and thus fittingly biting in its social commentary regarding all things April 1st.

Looking forward to it being changed on April 2nd.

Oh, and nice work as always, Mr O - thanks.

Endruen

Happy new thread! Reposting.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Endruen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

DARK SOULS III Deluxe Edition -- MB-3C97D85B97DD1CBE - Taken by Luap. 157 entrants total.

t1459547230z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom