• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2016 - HL3 releasing today. Left 4 Dead 3 and Persona 5 this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Too many crappy free games. I have 150 hours played on Steam during those two week, but I only played D4 for around 8 hours and Divinity for the same amount of time.
Dunno if it's worth at this point.

its not

Hektor

XIM9qaU.png

tumblr_nzj8oqcYRJ1ttxgfyo1_500.jpg

Just finished up The Room, which turned out to be a Matryoshka doll of full of puzzles; starting with a locked safe, you search for hidden buttons, sliders, compartments, and more, unlocking more parts of the contraption, unless you finally unlock it in its entirety and reveal the next "level" of the puzzle. Quite an interesting concept, and very well implemented, using simple physics. Sadly, it doesn't look like the sequels are coming to Steam any time soon.

Also finished up ENSLAVED, the DLC for which introduced one of the most adorable robot companions I have seen in a game (Truffles):

yuraya

The GB quick look for Quantum Break is amazing. Its like 45 minutes of why this game is so mediocre and bland. Jeff is just incapable of saying something good about it. The game does look extremely boring.

Jalal

Ucchedavāda;200610998 said:
Also finished up ENSLAVED, the DLC for which introduced one of the most adorable robot companions I have seen in a game (Truffles):

Does the steam version come with all the dlc?

Knurek

On one hand, I'm really curious for Pascal, but on the other all I've been playing lately are Visual Novels and Retroarch, both of which are downclocking my 970 to 135 MHz...

Unless there's some 'holy shit, S3 Virge to 3dfx' leap, I think I'll ignore this GPU gen.

Ludens

Banned
How can I see leaderboards in Hitman? I can't find the option.
Also I don't understand if this game is a prequel or a reboot.
There's a reference to what happened in Romania, but I don't understand if 47 already killed the scientist who cloned him or characters are simply talking about the rumor of someone capable to cloning people in Romania, because in Hitman 1 47 used the Agency to kill all the people involved in his clonation, includins his "father" as the last one. So maybe this Hitman is a prequel of Hitman 1, dunno.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
On one hand, I'm really curious for Pascal, but on the other all I've been playing lately are Visual Novels and Retroarch, both of which are downclocking my 970 to 135 MHz...

Unless there's some 'holy shit, S3 Virge to 3dfx' leap, I think I'll ignore this GPU gen.

Pascal isn't going to be exciting until 2017, it seems, as the latest rumour points to the first round of cards using GDDR5 rather than GDDR5X, let alone HBM2. Still, an extra 2GB VRAM will be nice even if the X80/1080 isn't much faster than the 980 Ti.

Kiru

Installed that gleam plugin for giveaways, how do I use it?

By clicking the "Click here to auto-complete" on top of gleam.io pages.
I suggest using some fake alt twitter account for gleam.io though. The script can't undo twitter stuff.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
having a random day since I dont want to start anything story related because DS3 tomorow so im just booting up random shit (as in stuff, not necessarely quality wise)

Like I said, played a bit more Castle in the Darkness but it frustrated me so I deleted it. Played about an hour of ElLiot Quest and its great. Played about 30 mins (6 levels) of Oscura Lost Light, surprisingly decent. Pretty too.

Guess ill do some more Enter the Gungeon runs or something

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So... Dead Space 2 Steam: The redeem code function, apparently the DLC is included with the Steam release? Though I'm not really sure what the DLC is. Apparently you're supposed to get a suit(?) but I don't see any Suits listed in the first store you come across in-game beyond the default starter one. So uh... is that true? If not, how are you supposed to get the DLC? I thought they dropped the VIP pass stuff and you could get all that stuff automatically?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
By clicking the "Click here to auto-complete" on top of gleam.io pages.
I suggest using some fake alt twitter account for gleam.io though. The script can't undo twitter stuff.

will do, thanks

are the giveaways semi regular?

Jadax

I would be careful with that, a lot of people got banned by gleam because this script violates their TOS. Ultimately it's not a big deal if you're just using gleam to get some freebies, but if you plan to use it properly then I'd avoid using this.

There are some ways to bypass a ban, but it involves using a different email address etc which is just a pain in the ass for some random crap games you'll probably never play anyways.

On the subject of Homeworld, why the hell is Cataclysm not on Steam yet? Gearbox too busy with their shitty bomba Battleborn to notice that they forgot to re-release the best game in the series?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So... Dead Space 2 Steam: The redeem code function, apparently the DLC is included with the Steam release? Though I'm not really sure what the DLC is. Apparently you're supposed to get a suit(?) but I don't see any Suits listed in the first store you come across in-game beyond the default starter one. So uh... is that true? If not, how are you supposed to get the DLC? I thought they dropped the VIP pass stuff and you could get all that stuff automatically?

I think they just patched the PC version at one point to include all the DLC suits released for everyone. The redeem code function is useless at this point.

mp1990

Banned
Damn, Assault Android Cactus is FANTASTIC. I've never been big into bullet hells (with exception of Nuclear Throne), but this one got me hooked real quickly. Also, its a nice podcast game, if you enjoy those. Go buy it, you fools!

Shi I Take is the best and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise

Relic's first RTS game -- and first game -- was a little game by the name of Homeworld. ;) 97% of IC's 300-odd Steam reviews are positive, which bodes well.

Holy shit, I forgot Relic did Homeworld at first.

Also, I bet you could make a decent debate thread on how Company of Heroes style/ WH40K Dawn of War series may have made Command and Conquer style games seem obsolete.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do the Dirty Bomb Closed Beta keys still give +1? I haven't redeemed my key and it's more than a year old.

Nope. The sub was changed to Free on Demand after the closed beta ended, so even those who'd redeemed a key lost the +1.

Erekiddo

I haven't been following too closely, but, Quantum Break turned out disappointing? Damn.

Surely Alan Wake 2 is soon, right? With more songs by Kasabian played on loop.

Sarcasm

Disappointing that the OP is just a repost of the import OT. I know a lot of work must have gone into that, so it makes use to reuse a lot of it, but the header image still says "Import OT" and the FAQ at the bottom is mostly questions about the import.

Due note he said its going to change.

Why is How To Survive 2 already 70% off? I am tempted to buy it.

Deitus

Due note he said its going to change.

Yeah, I saw. It still comes off as half-assed, considering the game's released date isn't exactly a surprise. I guess he was too busy playing the import to work on the OT though, and I guess I can't blame him there.

I need to decide what I'm going to run with on Dark Souls 3.

I dual-wielded in DeS, went with spear/shield in DaS, did total mace n board classic heal/buff melee paladin in DaS2.

Maybe a full caster? 2-handed barbarian-esque? Archer? I've avoided reading much about it, so I don't know if some of those are even viable.

What are you folks going to run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom