• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.
(In theory) If I were to start saving up for a computer build, which would be more expensive to buy a i7 Microprocessor or a video card*?

*like a 1060 or 1070?

Ganado

Is it really gambling if you can just buy whatever item you want in the marketplace?

With all the shit Valve and Steam gets..its actually the most proconsumer company when it comes to embracing the digital gambling future. Other places like Battle.net, PSN and Xbox don't provide item/inventory management. You're forced to gamble in certain games via those platforms if developers design a game that way. At least on Steam you can bypass all that shit with the most popular games.
Yeah, this is why I don't get the love/acceptance for Overwatch and not for CSGO. Is it because of 4 items instead of 1?

Like a 1060 or 1070?

I would mainly play PUBG with my online friends on a tree house forum I go to

At 1080 and 60Hz, that would only require a 1050 Ti, which is half the price of a 1060 or above.
When you "saving up" we're talking about cards going at 300-400 and 600+, and that's in Euro. If you're not using outrageous resolutions (4k) and / or multiple screens, you don't need a heavy duty GPU like that.

Don't pay more than what you need now. Future proofing is bullshit when you're on a tight budget because by the time you'll replace this one, a superior card will be available at either lesser cost, or with you having a bigger budget than you do today (YMMV, but typically people do go up in salary during employment years, not down).

But then I am biased because that's the logic I used to validate my purchase of one. I am sure gaf with its many multi-screen setups will completely disagree, but then most here are not the 'esports only' kind of gamers either. Just my two cents on it.

MUnited83

For you.
Nvidia Ansel is fucking awesome, I really wish it becomes more common

watchdogs23602017.08.l3sml.jpg

If you're going for a 1070 card, definitely the GPU. For the 1060 card, it'll be on par or cheaper than getting say one of the popular i7 CPUs like a 6700 or a 7700.

So what are differences between 1070 and 1060 with i7 6700/7700 in prices?

Are the i9s just a rumour?

Sorry for the stupid questions..Haven't kept up with the hardware market in quite some time

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I recently had to RMA my graphics card and upon getting my replacement back, I wanted to test some games to make sure it didn't keep crashing like before.

Tried Dead By Daylight, with the full intent of only playing it for 10 minutes or so. 6 hours later, I was still playing.

Really hoping the DLC goes on sale with the upcoming Halloween sale.
If anything like the previous sale it should be easy to but all DLC with 20-30 bucks

Ascheroth

So what are differences between 1070 and 1060 with i7 6700/7700 in prices?

Are the i9s just a rumour?

Sorry for the stupid questions..Haven't kept up with the hardware market in quite some time
Processorwise you're probably better off with a Ryzen nowadays in the price/performance department.

I'll be stewin on all y'all advice and some more in the mean time

hopefully I get a call back from grocery store that's nearby and maybe there will be a giveaway OF ACTUAL GOOD GAMES in the near future, not wanting to jinx it

Vibranium

Banned
Hopefully Human Head find success with Rune (I've never heard of the series but will check out their vision) and then maybe they can go sci-fi again with their future games. It makes sense that they'd want to do something different first, to throw Zenimax off their trail.

Durante

EDF 4.1 is great. It's also extremely different from any other game out there I can think of. And a bit of a technical train-wreck :p

I'm partially expecting a new Xcom 2 patch for all users that will dramatically improve performance to show up along with War of the Chosen.

I'm also mostly expecting to be disappointed. But hey, it happened with Forza Horizon 3!

Edit: looks like there's some chatter about this in the Xcom 2 OT.

Edit2: ain't happening. Gotta get the expansion to get the fixes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comme...he_chosen_devs_on_828_10am_pt_1pm_et/dm0og9u/

Lame.

Wok

Interesting but not surprising, at least the way it is presented in this tweet. Of course, there is an overlap between the playerbase of two competitive shooters with lootboxes. Moreover, given equal polish, people tend to play the newer, trendier and more expensive game of the two.

However, I'm more impressed by the fact that 45% of PUBG owners have never played CS:GO. This means PUBG is able to attract people who were completely oblivious to hardcore online shooters.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Twitch streams have a big part to play with that. Not that CS Go isn't streamed of course, it is to a large degree, but there is something about seeing it happen and things being established when it's fresh and new that makes it more appealing to want to try out yourself vs something that is already old and established.

Parsnip

Patiently waiting for XCOM2 dlc key from wingamestore.

F4kUx9j.gif

Though I guess if the unlock time on steam is accurate, I'll be fast asleep then, so it doesn't really matter if they send the key as it unlocks.

Arthea

Arthea or other puzzle aficionadi - good implementation? Worth the money?

Looks to be a basic mobile port, but you know, Picross is Picross...

sorry, I'm not buying this one. I still have lots to do in Pepper's place and that game... annoys me to no end, especially with that horrible font and right mouse clicks not registering. Firstly you don't use a font like that anywhere, let alone in picross where there is significant difference between 8, 6, 9 and 5.
Why can't we have another game as amazing as Paint it Back...

Jawmuncher

Udon is giving out Okami Pins this weekend for PAX West.

https://twitter.com/udonent/status/902251417838116866

I wonder if we will hear anything about that rumored Okami port this weekend. Also wonder if that street fighter collection that got leaked might show up as well.

Okami and Darkstalkers sure to get a lot of extra stuff even if they don't get games.
Like damn i'd take a fucking Dino Crisis crossover comic and a pin over the nothing i'm getting.

Parsnip

Wait, the Mario + Rabbids xcom-like comes out on the same day as this XCOM2 dlc?
That's not a weird coincidence or anything at all.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Well I guess Nixxes doesn't need to release a texture patch for Rise of the Tomb Raider anymore because the latest twist in the DF thread has revealed that the X1X has now gone from superior textures to actually slightly worse.

Atmos/HDR would be nice though.

Jawmuncher

Well I guess Nixxes doesn't need to release a texture patch for Rise of the Tomb Raider anymore because the latest twist in the DF thread has revealed that the X1X has now gone from superior textures to actually slightly worse.

Atmos/HDR would be nice though.

Both TR1 and TR2 are at odd spots. The definitive versions are only on consoles but aren't actually definitive. But they still have some things that would've been nice to get on PC.

zkylon

zkylewd
D7rsKO4.png

getting a little better at la noire, it still seems like half the murderers get away with it but i'm catching the other half!

overall i've just moved into an ignore the side missions mentality cos they're all trash and idk, just rolling with it and enjoying the atmosphere and the story

i actually really like the narrative style, it's a lot more low key than usual for videogames which i feel suits me pretty well sometimes

i also really really like the music, i don't think it can be understated how good the music in la noire is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom