• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2017 - Toot toot, Cold Steel Warrior, shaka brah

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got a refund on a game and I'm certain I picked to have the money refunded to my Steam wallet but it's being refunded to my debit card instead for some reason. Anyone know about how long that should take? The email says I should get it within 14 days, but I really hope it won't take that long. Refunding to wallet usually goes through in 24 hours which is why I always choose that method.

D7rsKO4.png

getting a little better at la noire, it still seems like half the murderers get away with it but i'm catching the other half!

overall i've just moved into an ignore the side missions mentality cos they're all trash and idk, just rolling with it and enjoying the atmosphere and the story

i actually really like the narrative style, it's a lot more low key than usual for videogames which i feel suits me pretty well sometimes

i also really really like the music, i don't think it can be understated how good the music in la noire is

Be sure to play the DLC cases if you have them, I found them to be the most fun and interesting.

So I got a refund on a game and I'm certain I picked to have the money refunded to my Steam wallet but it's being refunded to my debit card instead for some reason. Anyone know about how long that should take? The email says I should get it within 14 days, but I really hope it won't take that long. Refunding to wallet usually goes through in 24 hours which is why I always choose that method.

Depends on how your bank handles refund transactions from the merchant. I think the last time I had a steam refund to my bank account it took 3 days so hopefully it is on that end of the spectrum.

zkylon

zkylewd
Be sure to play the DLC cases if you have them, I found them to be the most fun and interesting.
oh didn't know there was dlc

i'll buy it later maybe, i duno about spending $10 on dlc for this game heh

$10 is like a good league skin

edit: i mean, one of these cases is called "reefer madness"

i duno about this dude, these new league skins look really goooooooooood

5ffd4f964fb23caf.jpg

Monooboe

So awhile back I started sorting my steam games after years as seen in this thread, but I've come to point with EA games that I don't know where to put them.XD Do I put them in the year they first came out or when they came out of EA.o_O Not that it really matters but still.

Arminsc

Any thoughts on >observer_?

I'm in the mood for some cyperpunk, but I'm hearing some conflicting opinions on if this one is worth it or not.

Played it last week. I enjoyed it a lot, loved the atmosphere and artstyle the most. There is also a bit of exploration, and it's well complemented with the crime scene solving. Also the story isn't the best part but I found it enjoyable.

derFeef

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Killing Floor 2 -- MB-2357D88FD1CEA7EA - Taken by oni-link. 5 entrants total.

t1503990623z1.png

Wok

For my latest refund, I had to wait for 10 days for the money to arrive on my Paypal account. Meanwhile, the refund was accepted but the status of the money transfer was pending.

For my latest refund, I had to wait for 10 days for the money to arrive on my Paypal account. Meanwhile, the refund was accepted but the status of the money transfer was pending.

I wonder how much of that is on PayPals end though. I've gotten a couple of refunds through PayPal recently for other stuff and it took quite a while for me to have the money back in my account.

Wok

I wonder how much of that is on PayPals end though. I've gotten a couple of refunds through PayPal recently for other stuff and it took quite a while for me to have the money back in my account.

Yes, I wonder as well. All the more because I sent a message to Paypal support after ~10 days, and the money arrived soon after.

zkylon

zkylewd
0TZwTcP.png

la noire would've been much better if instead of "lie doubt truth" you had actual dialogue options

i love going over crime scenes and examining the evidence but talking to people is such a nightmare, every choice you make feels like a coin flip and it's so damn punishing if you mess up even once

like i don't mind when i misread someone's nervous expression as a sign of them lying and then get screwed cos they were just nervous cos i'm a mean cop interrogating them, but when i just want to call them out on a lie and phelps starts talking about a completely different subject then that's not on me cole

that child molestor going free is on YOU and your drunk ass buffoon of a partner

you pair of monkeys

Monooboe

How often do those GMG lootboxes actually contain something worhwhile? I'm curious to try but no idea about the chances, if it's like at least one ok game per box or if it's one good game per ten boxes?

How often do those GMG lootboxes actually contain something worhwhile? I'm curious to try but no idea about the chances, if it's like at least one ok game per box or if it's one good game per ten boxes?

I've bought 3 so far:

1st one:
  • AVENCAST
  • ROCKNROLLDEFENSEDELUXE
  • RABBITHOLE3D
  • LUCIUS II
  • CLICKR
  • TIMEGENTLEMENPACK
  • COSMICROCKETDEFENDER
  • ROOMSTHEMAINBUILDING
  • VITRUM
  • LETHALRPGWAR

2nd:

• THREE DEAD ZED
  • BUNKER THE UNDERGROUND GAME
  • TIDALIS
  • SUPER HOP N BOP ULTRA
  • KEEBLES
  • TOWER WARS
  • THELADY

3rd:

• PURGATORY
  • PIZZA EXPRESS STEAM
  • BALLISTICK
  • MORIBUND
  • AFTER THE END THE HARVEST
  • MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA
  • THE ASSKICKERS
  • SPELLWEAVER VAMPIRE OVERLORD DECK STEAM
  • AERIAL DESTRUCTION STEAM
  • SUPER BOMB RUSH

I think I had everything from the first two but the 3rd have some new stuff outside of Mass Effect.

MissChief

Arthea or other puzzle aficionadi - good implementation? Worth the money?

Looks to be a basic mobile port, but you know, Picross is Picross...

For the people that played SquareCells, is this equally fun/challenging ? The playing field seems larger, but SquareCells had more parameters ..

sanhora

Some Ys Seven port impressions

The PC port of Ys Seven is not going to offer the level of enhancements as you may have seen in the recently released Trails of Cold Steel for PC, but the job done here in taking a PSP game to PC is more-than-adequate. Most importantly, the game now features a 60 FPS frame-rate and much higher resolutions. There are also toggles for texture level, texture smoothing, V-Sync, FXAA anti-aliasing, and a borderless window display option.

Being originally a PSP game, character models and environment textures are not going to be exceptionally detailed. The game's bright color palette does help a bit in producing a vibrant and inviting image quality, but this is still a PSP game at the core. However, the game's 2D character art and UI elements have been upscaled nicely to PC resolutions. Load times between game screens are also nearly instantaneous, and saving or loading games also takes no time at all.

Ys-Seven_Launcher.PNG

zkylon

zkylewd
also the pop-in in la noire is pretty insane

considering the game runs at 30 fps locked i feel like they could've cranked up that stuff a bit

btw with the risk of triggering sensitive people, this game in particular kind of feels alright at 30

i feel like i may kind of prefer it

Ascheroth

What you saw was after some mod team intervention. Awful.
Like I've said in that AC thread: this won't stop as long as forum bans are on a per game basis.

You'd need something like:
1st time ban: permanent ban for the game forum, 1 month ban from all Steam Forums
2nd time ban: permanent ban for the game forum, 1 year ban from all Steam forums
3rd time ban: permanent ban for all Steam forums

Although this is probably abusable as hell with the way the forums and moderation is set up.

So, i wanted to play some recent AAA singleplayer game, but there was not much to choose from, so i got Agents of Mayhem. And unfortunately i can confirm, that this game indeed have some performance issues. At first it even didn't load main menu, just Deep Silver logo and then black screen with mouse pointer for 5 minutes. And killed game process and tried to restart it, but got same result - game minimized, then logo appeared, and nothing. It finally worked at 3rd try, and in-game cutscenes were rock solid 60 FPS, but then i got control over character and framerate dramatically dropped to 30-40 FPS range. Well, at least game was cheap.

kagamin

Tried to get into Titanfall 2 multiplayer again, community for Attrition is there at least, but I'm trash so it's not helpful.

Tizoc

So, i wanted to play some recent AAA singleplayer game, but there was not much to choose from, so i got Agents of Mayhem. And unfortunately i can confirm, that this game indeed have some performance issues. At first it even didn't load main menu, just Deep Silver logo and then black screen with mouse pointer for 5 minutes. And killed game process and tried to restart it, but got same result - game minimized, then logo appeared, and nothing. It finally worked at 3rd try, and in-game cutscenes were rock solid 60 FPS, but then i got control over character and framerate dramatically dropped to 30-40 FPS range. Well, at least game was cheap.

You had better options like Prey 2017 for example, or even Titanfall 2, assuming u got it on sale earlier this month.

You had better options like Prey 2017 for example, or even Titanfall 2, assuming u got it on sale earlier this month.
Prey 2017 is my current GOTY, i played it before going on vacations. I keep forgetting about Titanfall 2 and missed it when it was on sale, so maybe next time.

Rizzi

Yeah, it's an alright game but the performance issues made me drop it pretty quickly.

Tizoc

Prey 2017 is my current GOTY, i played it before going on vacations. I keep forgetting about Titanfall 2 and missed it when it was on sale, so maybe next time.

Fair enough, why not check out some older games from the past 5 or so years? Downscaling can make them look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom