• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

If Atlus decides to release Persona on PC, I could see them doing it similar to old VN publishers, where you have to make an account at their site, you get sent a special decryption key or sth. like that and can only download the game 5 times.

Seriously. They could easily put that game on Steam for free. That they even remove the links in 2 months is stupid af.

Shahadan

Fucking logitech keyboards
So angry right now ugh

2nd K800 in less than three years and again one key decides to die for no reason followed by another one soon after. Boom you can then proceed to throw your keyboard in the trash bin and cry thinking about the 80€ you spent for each

Can anybody translate this ? Is this a metal slug SMT clone ?

http://gematsu.com/2017/10/shin-meg...logue-side-scroller-pc-released-free-download

SMT-Synchro-Prologue_10-16-17.jpg

Ludens

Banned
So, I'm playing Shelter 2, but what's the point? In Shelter 1 there was a "story", Shelter 2 seems an open-world game with nothing to do but feed your babies. Is there even an end? How long it is? Because I got bored already.

Mivey

Okay, guys, Dream_Journey is the winner, enjoy your game!
Also, anyone who participated (zkylon, Ascheroth, Dream_Journey, Tonton, Parsnip, Mivey, pantsattack, Platy, Jawmuncher, dot, bobnowhere) can also get one of the below keys:

(First come first serve)
(I can't guarantee all of them are still valid)
(I will send the keys out after I get back from work, ETA 10 hours)
Great contest, Knurek.
I am good, way too many stuff on my backlog anyway, but great consolation prizes too (if they all activate).

Ascheroth

Also, anyone who participated (zkylon, Ascheroth, Dream_Journey, Tonton, Parsnip, Mivey, pantsattack, Platy, Jawmuncher, dot, bobnowhere) can also get one of the below keys:

(First come first serve)
(I can't guarantee all of them are still valid)
(I will send the keys out after I get back from work, ETA 10 hours)
That is really generous of you, but I'll also pass.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Doesn't change the fact that physical PC numbers are really bad.

Right, but they're likely not accurate. Not that I think the actual number is significantly higher as there's an overwhelming preference for digital on the PC. Performance at retail stopped being relevant years ago, with the exception of some EU territories.

Platy

yay ! =D

Is pillars of eternity avaliable ?

if not Ink ... if not ... I have no idea xD

Is this based on the new movie...
which has an incredibly high marketing budget considering it looks like a straight to dvd sharknado-lite.

Edit. Just realized they have almost identical fonts :p
Edit2. I just realized IT IS based on the game haha

Damn, this movie was supposed to be out a year ago, but they had to reshoot a bunch of it in response to poor test screenings.

strafer

Is this based on the new movie...
which has an incredibly high marketing budget considering it looks like a straight to dvd sharknado-lite.

Edit. Just realized they have almost identical fonts :p
Edit2. I just realized IT IS based on the game haha

That movie looks incredible, I'm there.

Uzzy

World in Conflict is one of those games that looks worse on screenshots than in reality. Every time i'm starting new mission i blown away by this game visuals, it looks amazing in motion, but when i'm looking at screenshots i made during my playthrough it looks just okay. Also, i didn't expected that story will be that good, it's impressive how they've managed to make game about USSR invading USA so dramatic and engaging.

I was surprised too, but it's a really quite well told story, and gives you a good excuse for missions set in a variety of places. It's one of the best RTS/RTT games to have come out recently.

And by recently, I mean it's ten years old and there aren't a while lot of RTS/RTT games that have come out since then that match it for quality.

so the next steam sale is end of the month? Is it usually good , with newer games, or more like deep discounts on older games like evil within 1, dishonored 2, etc..

Sorry , that would be my first steam sale as a new gaming PC user.

Unai

so the next steam sale is end of the month? Is it usually good , with newer games, or more like deep discounts on older games like evil within 1, dishonored 2, etc..

The Hallowing sale is more like a horror themed sale. It's not as good as the summer and winter sales. The next general great sale is near the holidays, probably.

The Hallowing sale is more like a horror themed sale. It's not as good as the summer and winter sales. The next general great sale is near the holidays, probably.

The Black Friday one after Thanksgiving is usually pretty good. The discounts are typically the same as what appears in the winter sale the next month.

NeoRaider

...Some people still buying physical PC games?

Well i do. Usually Limited Editions of the games i really want to have physically. For example Life is Strange, TR franchise and few others... i am 100% buying Cuphead too if they release LE, like it's rumored.

I know that majority of PC sales are digital, that's not new to me. I am just surprised by really low physical numbers, that's all.

JaseC

Yeah, there'll be a Halloween Sale at the end of the month. Technically, only games that fit theme will be discounted, but Valve's pretty lax with what constitutes an appropriate level of Halloween-ness. The next big sale is the Autumn Sale a few weeks thereafter, followed by the granddaddy that is the Winter Sale in late December.

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Death's Life -- MB-921DB50FC352FEA3 - Taken by Booker.DeWitt
Pizza Connection -- MB-4123D903CB7DA995 - Taken by Mike Bison
Pizza Connection 2 -- MB-E5E2894FB85D6A90 - Taken by ramoisdead

Jimrpg

If this gets closer to $32 i'll probably bite.
CDkeys like to fluctuate on pricing so i'll watch it for a bit (They usually don't bump up higher until it's release week)

WOW - thats a steal.

CDKeys have a habit of lowering the price for a bit and then jacking the price back up, i assume that gets people to link them to their website and drives traffic.

Nier for example went to $28 for a day or so and I was about to bite and it went to $33 ever since. If you see a price you like, just take the deal, though as always, PC games usually just come down in price after a while, it really depends on how long you want to wait.

Yeah, there'll be a Halloween Sale at the end of the month. Technically, only games that fit theme will be discounted, but Valve's pretty lax with what constitutes an appropriate level of Halloween-ness. The next big sale is the Autumn Sale a few weeks thereafter, followed by the granddaddy that is the Winter Sale in late December.

Yay, finally some steam sales.

I feel like the Autumn Sale is almost as good as the Winter Sale, just that the Winter one goes on for a bit longer.

Well i do. Usually Limited Editions of the games i really want to have physically. For example Life is Strange, TR franchise and few others... i am 100% buying Cuphead too if they release LE, like it's rumored.

I know that majority of PC sales are digital, that's not new to me. I am just surprised by really low physical numbers, that's all.
Yeah, i meant regular PC physical, 95% of PC games i have physical is limited editions too, but it's all 5+ year old games, retail is completely dead in my country, our biggest online store even removed games section entirely, because more people buying books than physical games.

WOW - thats a steal.

CDKeys have a habit of lowering the price for a bit and then jacking the price back up, i assume that gets people to link them to their website and drives traffic.

Nier for example went to $28 for a day or so and I was about to bite and it went to $33 ever since. If you see a price you like, just take the deal, though as always, PC games usually just come down in price after a while, it really depends on how long you want to wait.

Elex was also cheaper and then I went to buy and it was more expensive. It is now more expensive than GMG with coupon so I just got from GMG.

Top Bottom