• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=cabela&category1=998/

Don't think I can throw away money for the +5

Last Chance on Steam - Cabela's Big Game Hunter Pro Hunts, 80% off!
Cabela's® Big Game Hunter® Pro Hunts and the rest of the Cabela's® lineup is 80% off!*
This is your last chance to buy the Cabela's® hunting games on Steam- the games will be retired from the store >on October 20th.
The most authentic hunting ballistics ever in a Cabela's® game! Traverse maps 4x the size of any previous Cabela's® Big Game Hunter® game! Track, scout and target your trophy animal in all new ways!
*Offer ends October 19 at 10AM Pacific Time

madjoki

Cabela's® Big Game Hunter® Pro Hunts and the rest of the Cabela's® lineup is 80% off!*

This is your last chance to buy the Cabela's® hunting games on Steam- the games will be retired from the store on October 20th.

The most authentic hunting ballistics ever in a Cabela's® game!
Traverse maps 4x the size of any previous Cabela's® Big Game Hunter® game!
Track, scout and target your trophy animal in all new ways!

*Offer ends October 19 at 10AM Pacific Time

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=Cabela

5 games, one is NA exclusive. should be giftable to EU tho.

Edit: Beaten

Kyougar

is something up with the steam download server? I can download 100 to 200 mb and then it stops and the download is scheduled for the minute after.

Ok got $13 in steam money from selling cards. Should I get witcher 3: blood and wine, mega man legacy collection 2 or save it until the halloween sale?

Thorgal

I'd assume that it basically simply boils down to keeping both of the areas you are switching between loaded in memory. That reduces your total memory budget, but on the current consoles (and PC of course) it's not insurmountable.

late response but thanks .

i forgot with the increased memory on consoles they could load entire levels in memory .
i am still impressed by how smooth they make the change look in the game .

on another note

CPUCores :: Maximize Your FPS

Has anyone here bought ,tried and tested this ?

does it work and if yes is it significant enough to be worth it ?

Durante

Think I've already tried a bunch of acclaimed puzzlers that came out in the last few years, but there was always one I missed in the backlog... Time to start The Talos Principle.
Note: if you plan to get a VR system any time soon, don't play Talos Principle on screen.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Note: if you plan to get a VR system any time soon, don't play Talos Principle on screen.

I only have PSVR, which is all I need for the time being. Did a quick search and the PS version is also getting that support it seems. I have the pc version though, so I'll probably just try the regular version...

Jadax

CPUCores :: Maximize Your FPS

Has anyone here bought ,tried and tested this ?

does it work and if yes is it significant enough to be worth it ?

I'm not a computer hardware major or anything, but I'd say it's always a bad idea to tweak cpu settings for games UNLESS you know what you're doing. Chances are there will be a tweak that will break/crash certain software, and unless you know how to debug, there's a very high chance you'll make things worse.

If you have a PC, just learn how to overclock and do everything yourself (improvements will usually be much bigger than 'cpu optimizing software'). If you have a laptop, I'd recommend against cpu tweaking programs simply due to my past experiences when I had a laptop.

Durante

I only have PSVR, which is all I need for the time being. Did a quick search and the PS version is also getting that support it seems. I have the pc version though, so I'll probably just try the regular version...
Sure, it's your decision, I just wanted to make you aware of it since it's a puzzle game (so no replay value) and should be really well suited for VR. I personally wish I hadn't played the flat version.

Anyway, it's a great game!

Thorgal

I'm not a computer hardware major or anything, but I'd say it's always a bad idea to tweak cpu settings for games UNLESS you know what you're doing. Chances are there will be a tweak that will break/crash certain software, and unless you know how to debug, there's a very high chance you'll make things worse.

If you have a PC, just learn how to overclock and do everything yourself (improvements will usually be much bigger than 'cpu optimizing software'). If you have a laptop, I'd recommend against cpu tweaking programs simply due to my past experiences when I had a laptop.

thanks. i saw it in the daily discount page and was curious about it . didn't have any desire to really buy it unless it improved framerates in games significantly .

My PC still destroy's most things i throw at it and i plan a full rebuild next year when Volta is out .

yuraya

Ok got $13 in steam money from selling cards. Should I get witcher 3: blood and wine, mega man legacy collection 2 or save it until the halloween sale?

I'd say save it unless you want to play something this instant. There is gonna be like 4 different Steam sales in the next 2 months.

Zeeman

Not a bad bundle, may go for BTA. I want Armello but I don't think it's that appealing for $12

e: I'm clearly not the only one who thinks they overshot with the Armello price, BTA has been dropping like a rock

C4rter

One Screencheat coming up

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Screencheat -- MB-C9614747C5712579 - Taken by TheGreenArrow

The headshots in The Evil Within 2 are so good, a really satisfying pop to them, I'm starting to like the game the more I get some good upgrades and it becomes actiony because I'm not scrambling for ammo and health.

Jawmuncher

The headshots in The Evil Within 2 are so good, a really satisfying pop to them, I'm starting to like the game the more I get some good upgrades and it becomes actiony because I'm not scrambling for ammo and health.

Do the shooting range high scores and get all those goodies and you'll be well off

FLD

Do the shooting range high scores and get all those goodies and you'll be well off

Did the first set and got all the stuff on all the difficulties, with a mouse it's almost too easy.

Seriously, it almost felt like cheating hahaha. I never would've been able to pull it off with the Steam controller, though. I can manage a quick headshot or two in a pinch with the trackpad but the shooting range requires way too much speed and precision.

Under a quid for satellite reign seemed worth it but here's my extra hand of fate:

ModBot said:
Instructions for ThirtyFour:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ThirtyFour, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hand of Fate -- MB-98A2427C544ECFC6

t1508265973z1.png

abracadaver

Steam is suddenly just stopping all downloads after a few seconds/minutes.

I've cleared the download cache and there is enough free space. Why is this happening?

I had to manually restart the PUBG update like 8 times before it was finished. Now I'm struggling to get the KF2 update.

FoneBone

If I really enjoy Arkham-esque combat, but don't have much interest in card games, would I like Hand of Fate? (For $1, I might as well give it a shot.)

Steam is suddenly just stopping all downloads after a few seconds/minutes.

I've cleared the download cache and there is enough free space. Why is this happening?

I had to manually restart the PUBG update like 8 times before it was finished. Now I'm struggling to get the KF2 update.

Is it Steam maintenance time? I forget when that is.

cluto

If I really enjoy Arkham-esque combat, but don't have much interest in card games, would I like Hand of Fate? (For $1, I might as well give it a shot.)

From what I remember, the cards/deckbuilding/choice-making is the main/better part of the game compared to the mediocre Arkham combat. Like you said, $1 isn't much of a risk for it and a few other games. Satellite Reign is also worth checking out.

Top Bottom