• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Xater

I think that was Playstation something. Speaking of that, it is telling how PC reviewers so far have given the game a 73 but PS4 reviewers so far have given it a 59. Maybe PC gamers are more lenient with jank.

The console version might also have more problems. The sister magazine of Gamestar, Gamepro, also gave the console versions a slightly lower score.

Dec

The console version might also have more problems. The sister magazine of Gamestar, Gamepro, also gave the console versions a slightly lower score.

Yea, Risen console port was outsourced but signed off on and it was a very poor version of the game IIRC.

So Guild of Dungeoneering is really good. Tizoc gave me a copy over the weekend and I put 13 hours into it and finished it. It is frustrating at first but once you get the strategy down it is quite rewarding. I will probably pick up the DLC when they are on sale. I highly recommend it.

Do you know why the reviews on the steam store are mediocre??

Do you know why the reviews on the steam store are mediocre??

Just checked, it is listed as "mostly positive" but looking at the negative reviews I can see some of what people are saying. It is a "roguelike" so there is some luck involved in each little run and it can be frustrating at the later stages because the level 1 monsters start out really powerful, also it is pretty short to just beat the "story" so I don't know if it is worth the full price. I got 13 hours because it was fun to go back and get some of the achievements. Overall I would definitely recommend picking it up on sale though, if you have any interest in roguelite rpgs or card games.

I played more Blue Reflection today after having put it aside for DRV3 and Doki Doki Literature Club (which you should totally play if you haven't already) for the past while.

Why is this game soooooo good? Its so incredibly relaxing and mellow. Just walking around the school talking to people is fun because the classrooms and general school atmosphere are all really well put together to the point of being extremely immersive as a highschool environment. The little background chatter, the detail put into each of the classrooms (and character models), the fact that you can get on your phone and text message people...I love it.
And Hinako is adorable.

It makes me sad that this seems to be doing the poorest of the Gust games currently on PC. Its genuine GOTY material.

I liked what I played. Not gonna pass judgement without putting a decent amount of time into it but goty material, especially in a year like this, is imo a bit of a stretch.

Haven't bought a game since May but the backlog just keeps increasing.
Just got a Cosmic Star Heroine key for entering that rpg voting thread, won Divinity 2 through a Modbot giveaway which has been consuming most of my time, downloaded Doki Doki because you guys keep talking about it but still haven't touched it, borrowed Gravity Rush 2 from my brother, started Blue Reflection through family sharing but put it on hiatus because of Divinity 2, as someone who only has 30-45 minutes per day on average even scratching the surface of the stuff I get for free is becoming impossible lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
U8GyFmn.png

Cant stop. I blame Madventure for this shit.

Jawmuncher

My 670 is still strong and running

What are you even playing games at?
Had a 660 and that was showing it's age in 2015. Come the Witcher 3 release and it was over for it. Though I waited until 2016 to finally get a 1060.Don't care about playing on high but I like to keep things at normal with 1080p and 60fps

My plan now is to more or less skip every other card and wait on the cheaper models.

Sarcasm

Had a 660 and that was showing it's age in 2015. Come the Witcher 3 release and it was over for it. Though I waited until 2016 to finally get a 1060.Don't care about playing on high but I like to keep things at normal with 1080p and 60fps

My plan now is to more or less skip every other card and wait on the cheaper models.

My 670 lasted for awhile dude! Til it shorted. Replaced it like 2 months ago. I even got 60 FPS @ 1080 in DS3. Witcher 3 (got bored yea shoot me) was 60 FPS @ 1080 on high no hair. FO4, 1080@60FPS on high. Shadows low/off for most games.

660 probably wouldn't hold well.

I still turn down shadows with my new card heh.

Deques

Currently playing XCOM Enemy Within and before that I played The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. I had no problems with these

Not really playing the newest games that are out now. I played Batman Arkham Oranges not long ago and got no problem at all.

So for now I don't have a reason to invest a new GPU at all.

Dec

I saw Homefront Revolution was on sale for only 20 more minutes and bought it but... I actually had no idea it was one of those open world games. I refunded it after an hour (it takes like 40 minutes to even become open world). Whoops.

HD 5870 and
not
proud.

I don't play new games.....just waiting on getting a new system.

Oh hey, I had that GPU from when it came out until 2 years ago or so.

Mivey

Don't be so disrespectful of old technological artefacts. I'm sure that GTX 670 could make a fine exhibit in a museum of paleontology.

If that's decrepit, what's my 970? :(

I heard they built the pyramids with 970s.

Oh my god at that last Wolfenstein trailer, I absolutely cannot wait for that shit

Don't be so disrespectful of old technological artefacts. I'm sure that GTX 670 could make a fine exhibit in a museum of paleontology.

"...and on your left is what the ancients called a GTX 670...some say they could even power a whole video game..."

"OoOoOoOoO"

I might end up playing TEW2 on PS4.
My PC is showing its age, a badly optimized game will run like shit.
Can't afford an upgrade right now.
Maybe things will improve with a patch, not like I have the time or money for it now anyway.
I really liked the first though so I'll have to check it out sooner rather than later.

Mivey

The engine they use should do better, id Tech was always built for fluid 60 FPS. Seems like Tango is doing some weird shit with it, if the frametime spikes around even when you are in the pause screen.

Looks like they just cared about getting 30 FPS, and are probably doing some expensive, inefficient things since they never tested higher framerates.

Knurek

No need for the tool, just browse to your steamapps folder (or select game folders) and run this command:
Code:
compact /C /S /EXE:XPRESS16K

There should be no performance hit unless you use the LZX method. Also, it's easy to uncompress if a game starts to give you issues:

Code:
compact /U

Zeeman

Humble IGN Bundle:

$1: Invisible Inc.
Gunpoint
Never Alone

BTA: Infinifactory
Galak-Z
Nuclear Throne

$15: Inside
Grand Theft Auto V
Nier: Automata

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that Elex game is some sort of Gothic style rpg but with guns? Never heard about it until now, screenshots look good.

so its Fallout to Gothic's Elder Scrolls? I mean that in the best way possible.

Xater

that Elex game is some sort of Gothic style rpg but with guns? Never heard about it until now, screenshots look good.

so its Fallout to Gothic's Elder Scrolls? I mean that in the best way possible.

It’s by the Gothic devs. It’s literally sci-fi Gothic.

Top Bottom