• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Wait, what? RE4 doesn't have Mercs on PC!? It has endured as my favourite Mercs, somehow.

thisisbs.gif
Is Grim Dawn better than Titan Quest?

I completely bounced off Titan Quest, but enjoy Grim Dawn a lot. So I'd say yes.

The builds are a lot more interesting than in TQ. That was the big change that made me like it.
At least Total Warhammer has quests for the unique magical items, which are generally multistage and usually lead to fun set piece battles. That makes the important magical items feel actually important and special.

That's a good point; I wish more games did that. It's appreciated how powerful they are too--there's no situation where you'd replace them with something else.

Total Warhammer doesn't have levels though, so it can offer uniquely powerful items without breaking everything.
Which combination of classes gives a Death Knight?

Necromancer (expansion class, from Ashes of Malmoth) + Soldier

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Done with Kairo, not going back for those runes, nope. The 'main' puzzles are mostly doable but the secret ones are ridiculous. I'd say there are much better games in this genre out there, kinda hard to recommend this one

cyba89

South Park now shows Steam Trading Cards and achievement support on the store page.

Bad thing is it says it doesn't unlock for another 20 hours. Later than the Uplay version.

iirc that thing is only for germans?

RE4 got delisted from the german index a while ago and if you buy it now from Germany you actually get the full uncut version with Mercenaries (despite the store page still saying cut version). But the cut version never got the mode patched in again so early buyers are screwed.

Nzyme32

Feels bad man... transitioning back to my six year old laptop, while waiting on the i5-8600k to arrive.

Glorious 1GB Nvidia GT525m @ 1366x768 (its like someone turned on accessibility mode)
4GB RAM
i5-2430m @ 2.4ghz

Place your bets on whether this will run South Park TFBW

And place your bets on what will happen when I test Wolfenstein 2 on this bad boy!

Also, I can't believe I never played the Half-Life mod Hazardous Course 2. It's awesome! A lot of though has gone into it!

FLD

South Park now shows Steam Trading Cards and achievement support on the store page.

Cool, I was hoping that would happen since AC Origins also has them listed. Lack of Steam achievements is basically my main annoyance with uplay, so it's cool to see that finally change. I mean, I'd rather see them ditch uplay entirely obviously but that's not happening anytime soon so this is the next best thing for me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
are we seriously at the point that consoles seem to always get midnight releases but steam doesnt?

Valve's been surprisingly and frustratingly slow to react in the release process department. There's no excuse for publishers not having the option of setting up an automatic unlock schedule or an encryption-free pre-load that merely withholds the executable/s until unlock o'clock.

Vlad

Ucchedavāda;252206723 said:
I don't think I've ever played that, I'll have to give it a try when time permits.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

He made a few browser-based games before SpaceChem. You can find links to them on his website under the "Other Games" section. Be warned, they can be a bit inscrutable.

And looking at that page, I just noticed that he made an expansion for Codex called "The Magnum Opus Challenge", so there's a definite connection between that and Opus Magnum.

Valve's been surprisingly and frustratingly slow to react in the release process department. There's no excuse for publishers not having the option of setting up an automatic unlock schedule or an encryption-free pre-load that merely withholds the executable/s until unlock o'clock.

Don't the publishers choose? Some games unlock at midnight on Steam, some I can VPN earlier and some (Like Elex) are at 10am PST.

Plesiades

The fact that a key says "Reveal your Steam key" on Humble Bundle doesn't mean that it's still valid, right?

I remember a weird bug where that message appeared on a few redeemed keys.

Sch1sm

The fact that a key says "Reveal your Steam key" on Humble Bundle doesn't mean that it's still valid, right?

Bug still happens plenty. I notice it when I'm giving games away or transferring them to a spreadsheet.

sprinkles

Exactly one month after starting the game, my little party of 3 finished Divinity Original Sin 2. Our playtime was around 70 hours, so we finished faster than expected. We never played the first game in coop mode, so it was all new to us. You can and will miss story bits here and there with three guys running around talking to NPC's. So if you want to get all the story, voice communication and frequent reading of the quest log is a must. But the combat in coop mode is just so much fun, especially in the early third of the game when you are still a bit underpowered and under leveled. So many fun ways to "break" the game!

In a year full of great games, this was one I had high hopes for and Larian delivered on its promises (as always - this was my second Kickstarted I backed from them).

A few more days till greatness
Jetpacks, oh my

Pyro is all

tumblr_m9dor5Ifk41romi2ho1_500.jpg

Locust

I think chrome has a caching issue like that if you use the full key list and don't ctrl+f5 to refresh it.

Individual bundle pages should be working properly.

Parsnip

I know what you mean. While I liked what I played of TIS-100, the strictly text-based nature made it a bit less inviting.

It's not so much that for me, I think I just need the layer of abstraction that SpaceChem and Infinifactory offer whereas TIS-100 and SHENZHEN I/O do not.

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, that seems likely.

But I mean, can't they still be marketable without the developer taking a cut? I don't see the reasoning here.

Wait, you don't see how Valve hijacking the profit of third party games cards would be a terrible idea? They'd get a lawsuit really quickly.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Here is the official reason listed by the card. "This item can no longer be bought or sold on the Community Market because Valve no longer has a business relationship with the developer."

Turn gems into booster packs that u can sell for a wuick buck.

Only have 250. Nothing that cheap that I can see.

Jawmuncher

We must all accept that DMC 5 will pull a sonic generations where you can play old dante and new dante in OG Devil May Cry and DmC levels. It will be a glorious mess that everyone will love-hate until the end of time.

You don’t know how much I seriously want this. I’m a sucker for crossovers and like both DMC and DmC is both in one place would be😙👌

Top Bottom