• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Checked and nothing for me. Where did you see it?

I got a notification about it, then clicked on my account name with the arrow next to it and selected Redeem and I could claim it from there.

I have a GTX 950 that I've owned for a while so it didn't have to do with buying or having a new card.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
A few hours with Talos Principle and damn I'm loving this game. Was just going to try it out for a bit and I almost got every block in the first world.

Gaming tastes change as you get older but one thing I'm definitely noticing is that I play puzzlers way more than I used to. I think it's the combination of not being rushed, ingenuity in design and sense of accomplishment when do you break a hard puzzle. Playing The Witness last year was like 40+ hours of pure bliss.

Hows the south park port guys anyone try it yet?

It started as a black screen for me that an alt+enter fixed and I have some occasional stuttering during cutscenes but runs at an uncapped framerate during gameplay on High so no issues there. I've been playing it all day, I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I haven't watched a lot of recent South Park but it's as good as Stick of Truth to me.

What’s the difference between buying the Fallout 4 season pass and completing the GOTY bundle? Besides the bundle being about $12 more expensive, given that I already have the base game.

I can’t tell if there’s any actual difference there.

Dinjoralo

That compact tool really is cool. Some games really profit a ton.
Cosmic Star Heroine: 5GB -> 2GB
God Eater 2: 14 GB -> 5 GB
Overgrowth: 16 GB -> 7GB
Pillars of Eternity: 14GB -> 8GB

I'm thinking of compacting my entire Steamapps folder overnight, just to see how much I get back. Though for a lot of the games I've tried it with, there's been plenty of things not really getting much smaller.

Steam still crashes when I click the fullscreen video button on the store page.

I care enough to check it every couple of months but not enough to report it.

Kudo

Just played a bit of The Evil Within 2 on OLED and must say, it really makes other panels look like a joke, IPS, VA.. I wonder if OLED monitors will ever be a thing.
Would be nice to have that image quality on desktop use, but I guess static image retention is something they need to solve before it can be applied for monitor use.

None.

Bundle = Base game + 6 DLCs
SP = 6 DLCs

Well that's somewhat disappointing.

In other news, I'm trying to figure out where the best place to order Destiny 2 is. Amazon with prime discount for a "physical" standard copy is $51 and change (taxes be damned!), but doesn't seem to include pre-order bonuses, at least as far as I can tell. Humble with the 10% monthly discount will be about $54, plus a $1 and change off from my existing credit, so maybe ~$52, and does come with the pre-order exotic rifle. Straight off battle.net, the game is $60, but could be reduced in terms of money out of pocket if I cashed out most of what remains of my WoW gold, reduced further if I was able to sell off some expensive WoW assets. That version also seems to mention the kill-tracker ghost and a special salute emote in addition to the rifle as pre-order bonuses that I don't see listed anywhere else.

I'll probably get it off Humble though, price difference is negligible between it and Amazon + the convenience of not having to wait for a boxed copy (+ environmental concerns to ship me a box with just a code in it.)

How do I set Geforce Experience to run on startup?

I can't find the settings and it's not there on Windows startup either. I'm pretty sure it was running on startup a few months ago.

Nabs

I can't find the settings and it's not there on Windows startup either. I'm pretty sure it was running on startup a few months ago.

They removed the icon from the taskbar for some weird reason. Do you get hte pop up in game or when you press alt+z?

Jawmuncher

Maybe if I started liking dinosaurs, especially dinosaurs in video games, I'll have some better luck??
Greatness And Rewards await you
LcGze_9Q_400x400.jpeg

They removed the icon from the taskbar for some weird reason. Do you get hte pop up in game or when you press alt+z?

I see. So it's actually running in the background?

I don't remember, but I don't think so. Maybe I'll double check later at home.

you can't show it on your taskbar without doing some registry edits right now but the NVidia team said they're bringing the taskbar icon back on the next update this month

Teggy

Wait, why are people getting free games from GFE? I have logged into it a few times the last couple of weeks. Should I go looking for something?

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Wait, why are people getting free games from GFE? I have logged into it a few times the last couple of weeks. Should I go looking for something?

It's random. It's meant to incentivize you to have GFE installed and running.

Sarcasm

How do you even set GeForce Experience to run on startup? It has no icon, do you just have to manually launch it every time I boot my PC?

You can find where it is installed by task manager>details>file location via right click
Open Task Scheduler>create task

Trigger: At log on (I recommend delaying the task)
Actions: Start a program > browse to the exe

I actually don't have any tart at start up. I created delayed starts via this.

Knurek

Woah, I just realized I could compact my 10 gigabyte music collection! Only problem being if I'd have to decompress it if I wanted to put it on my phone.

MP3s? No need, you won't save anything.
WAVs? No need, just use FLAC or whatever your phone player supports.

Unrelated but how should you charge tablets, phones and the like? Should you let it go to nearly dead to charge or can you keep them plugged in without worrying about wearing the battery down faster? I have no idea how anything works lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think my favorite thing about chrono trigger that i didn't remember is how little guidance it gives you compared to modern games. you're almost at all times directed to what you should do, but there's usually a little bit of thinking that goes along with it (i need to go to the magic cave but i don't know where it is, maybe i'll ask around and then follow directions!) and there's almost always some optional area to visit which makes you feel like the places you go are choices you took

there's a certain satisfaction that comes with figuring out where to go without needing a direction marker and also a bit of an art of subtly guiding the player without them actually telling

big fan of that

Somebody here has an avatar of the Major/Motoko(?). What is the GotS show is the source of that particular art?

you probably mean uzzy but that avatar is not from either of the gits movies, gits sac or arise, so i'm guessing it's fanart or manga related

dex3108

How's ShadowPlay on Nvidia Experience?

It is nice feature. But there are some issues. For example for me it doesn't work in Big Picture mode. It just records black screen and in-game sound. But other than that it is great tool. Now you can record mic and in-game sounds on separate channels and you can record videos in really high bitrate. Just make sure that you have fast enough HDD or SSD.

Jimrpg

How's ShadowPlay on Nvidia Experience?

It's great for me.

I use it to record gameplay and its as easy as hitting Alt-Z for me and clicking record. I don't notice any performance difference at all.

I much prefer using it to using my Elgato Capture Card which I now only use for consoles.

dex3108

Reviews for South Park on Steam are so sad. Every negative review doesn't say anything about game itself. It is just complaining about season pass, UPlay, pre-order bonus...

Also South Park already has more owners than The Evil Within 2.

Reviews for South Park on Steam are so sad. Every negative review doesn't say anything about game itself. It is just complaining about season pass, UPlay, pre-order bonus...

Also South Park already has more owners than The Evil Within 2.

People who complain about UPlay for the sake of complaining have no idea about how it is today (or even the past few years).

Hektor

The original GitS movie is still the best.

Hows the south park port guys anyone try it yet?

It's running perfectly fine, no issues at all here

But GAF told me videogames are never designed with microtransactions in mind and that they're only inserted into games after they're finished guaranteeing an entirely untainted experience.

Quote That's not how videogame development works Endquote

Are you telling me corporate drones were full of shit? Oh my

Top Bottom