• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | Discussion Thread - Everyone's favorite PC Platform

Jawmuncher

Doubt it'd be very hard to mod the music back in.
Also I hate Mafia 1. All I remember about that game is "I've never seen that lock before" when trying to just get a car to drive.

Teggy

hmm i'm unsure of the evil within now

i was expecting a flood of people vouching for it hehe

It's not the best game in the world, but if you are up for a creepy, tense survival horror game it's not a bad choice especially if you are getting it cheap. It probably performs a lot better on PC than PS4 (where I played it), too.

I just finished it last night, I'll join in with everyone else who is recommending it.

How long is it? I don't care for visual novels, but if it's a short weird experience I might be up for that for free.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's not the best game in the world, but if you are up for a creepy, tense survival horror game it's not a bad choice especially if you are getting it cheap. It probably performs a lot better on PC than PS4 (where I played it), too.

creepy and tense sounds cool

i'm kind of turned off by the idea of leveling and upgrades tho

i kind of hate that kind of stuff nowadays

redlacs

isn't this ironic, only on my vacation steam decides to please me with "content servers unreachable" bullshit. wasn't able to download/update anything for past 10 hours. (yes i tried to switch to other download region + 7 other suggested solutions)
i can still play what's there already but man, was the plan different..

Teggy

creepy and tense sounds cool

i'm kind of turned off by the idea of leveling and upgrades tho

i kind of hate that kind of stuff nowadays

(insert witty joke about every round of LOL)

And you're in luck, there's an achievement for not taking any upgrades!

wol93

Banned
Hey gaffers,
Is it possible to see how many gb is a game?
Not the space needed for installation but the actual size of the download

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey gaffers,
Is it possible to see how many gb is a game?
Not the space needed for installation but the actual size of the download

Not before initiating the download, but there is a downloads window you can consult afterwards (Library -> Downloads).

zkylon

zkylewd
It's great, from what I've played so far I'm loving it, if you like RE4 or Horror games in general, can't go wrong with it.

as an old fan of re1 and 2 i was pretty put off by re4 when it released, but years later i played re5 with a fresh mentality and enjoyed it quite a bit (in spite of itself) and been thinking of giving re4 another opportunity for a while

horror games, eh, i like the ones that are not a jumpscare ride, i like the spooky bits in stalker and thief and vampire bloodlines, and i like silent hill (and that pixely game i forget about that had really good music) and re1 and 2 and i like condemned and fear and dead space. the horror parts is not what drove me to those games tho, i just enjoy how they play or their stories

so can't say i like re4 or horror games in general, but i like good games and if it's good i'll like it

Cade

This is from a few days ago, but I just saw this on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/77bieq/nsfw_really_valve_2_years_later_suddenly_this/

Warning, it's a butt from Witcher 3. There's also a Killing Floor screenshot from 2011 that isn't actually a shot of the game that apparently got someone banned for a day as well. I wonder what the deal is. Maybe cleaning out the report queue to get ready for the UI update?

Haha, this is so weird, but thanks, I wouldn't have seen this. Like I said, it's not like I cared about the naked dryad screenshot but just out of the blue 4 years later is bizarre.

zkylon

zkylewd
Probably uninstalling ;)
that's no fun for anyone

Yeah, there is crafting of ammo
eh, that might be ok, idk

i hate picking up garbage and having to pause the game to go through menus. i'd rather the monster just dropped a potion instead of 2x fang 3x soul essence and whatnot

i think the last game i liked crafting was the last of us and that's cos it was all real time which added to the tension of crafting that bomb while hiding from some scavengers or whatever. also looting in a post-apoc game just makes sense

Kudo

as an old fan of re1 and 2 i was pretty put off by re4 when it released, but years later i played re5 with a fresh mentality and enjoyed it quite a bit (in spite of itself) and been thinking of giving re4 another opportunity for a while

horror games, eh, i like the ones that are not a jumpscare ride, i like the spooky bits in stalker and thief and vampire bloodlines, and i like silent hill (and that pixely game i forget about that had really good music) and re1 and 2 and i like condemned and fear and dead space. the horror parts is not what drove me to those games tho, i just enjoy how they play or their stories

so can't say i like re4 or horror games in general, but i like good games and if it's good i'll like it

It's good, I think you'll enjoy it then.

Phawx

Excellent hopefully we see it removed from more games as well over time

There definitely seems to be deal setup between Denuvo and pubs where they only have to pay for Denuvo up until it's cracked. Once it's cracked the deal ends and they just release the game with Steam DRM.

I still think all pubs are going to go with Denuvo especially if it's like a smallish shield that will cost them basically nothing.

Amzin

There definitely seems to be deal setup between Denuvo and pubs where they only have to pay for Denuvo up until it's cracked. Once it's cracked the deal ends and they just release the game with Steam DRM.

I still think all pubs are going to go with Denuvo especially if it's like a smallish shield that will cost them basically nothing.

Last stats showed it was a very small minority of games (8 out of like 70) that ever removed Denuvo, so if that's the case, it's a newer approach. I'd love to see it die off though, it's a giant scam for the companies that buy into it.

Lain

Was just coming to post about it (just saw the degica email).

TOKYO, October 18th, 2017 - Visual Novel Maker, the revolutionary tool designed for writers and artists to bring their stories to life, is coming to Steam on November 16th, 2017!

About Visual Novel Maker:

Visualize, Create, Share. Visual Novel Maker is an easy to use but powerful tool designed to let anyone, no matter whether they can program or not, to freely make simple or deeply customized Visual Novels. Using a simple click, drag and drop, or type interface, creators will be able to use simple commands to create scenes and control the flow of their entire game, with all the features expected from a modern professional visual novel built in by default. They will also have access to enough premade resources, from characters to backgrounds, and even music, to make your first novel right off the bat. As creators grow in skill, they will find that Visual Novel Maker grows with them, as the engine includes the ability for experienced developers to create extensions, which can edit their game, or even the editor itself!

With Visual Novel Maker, anyone can be a developer.

Features:
•Simple click, drag & drop, or type interface
•11 Characters, with art for various outfits and expressions.
•150+ Backgrounds, Home, School, Date Locations, and more.
•Easy to use localization interface for created games.
•Live2D support
•Exports finished games to PC, Mac, Linux, Android, or iOS!

Top Bottom