• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Halloween Sale (VTM Bloodlines $5, Dead Space 2 $10, Amnesia $4, many more)

Red

Necronomikon said:
Personally I enjoyed it a lot! GAF will tell you that the 3rd one is the best one, but since I've never played it, I can't corroborate that!

Anyway, DMC4 on PC is excellent! Beautiful graphics! Incredible performance and over the top action.

Go for it =D
Slow down, Necronomikon. We've gotta keep that heart rate down buddy.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
OP, you are missing Ghostbusters:The Videogame. 75%, 2.49. Its the one with the actors returning, basically creating a sort of 3rd movie through the game.

confused said:
Nation Red
Nation Red is another zombie survival game. You enter in a game and attempt to survive as many waves as possible. They have variations like protect a king zombie, but for the most part its a top down survival shooter.

Gameplay is plays out how you would expect it. AWSD to move, Mouse to shoot, etc. Every time you level up, you get a new perk. Said perk can be anything from more damage, armor, reduce reload to more noticeable ones Hand of God, Poison shots, Fireshots, multishot, etc.
Weapons are all pick up based. You can carry two at a time and they have infinite ammo. The balance to this is reload times. The Grenade launcher while good in theory, has a long reload time. Pistol on the other hand doesn't.
The third component are the power ups. Temp ones. Some are like super speed, Invic, super damage. Others are stationary turrets, fire bombs, etc.
Once you die, everything resets. The game doesn't cover over anything.

My opinion, its a fun coop game. Mechanics are sound and the quick play system with several dozen perks, make it enjoyable enough trying to survive as long as you can. But there really isn't much reason to come back after a few hours of play.

graywolf323

I think I already own everything good....

the Dungeons games look interesting but I can wait for the Christmas sale when I hopefully will have more money to spare

Ifrit said:
I'm thinking Penumbra Black Plague and Bioshock 2, in fact I'm in for a Bioshock 2 four pack, can't host it though

I'm in for a Bioshock 2 pack as well, preferably an American can host it for us.

RedSwirl

I already bought the Penumbra Games from D2D a while ago when they were on sale there. Is it worth getting the Steam versions?

Having finally just picked up a PC gaming rig I'm new to the whole steam sale thing. I'm definitely going to pick up a few of these games but I'm also planning on getting Civ 5. Right now I believe its $50 for the complete edition, should I wait for this to go on some ridiculous 50% - 75% steam sale that seems to be happen fairly frequently or am I dreaming that a game that new will go on any type of meaningful sale in the near future.

the nightman cometh said:
Having finally just picked up a PC gaming rig I'm new to the whole steam sale thing. I'm definitely going to pick up a few of these games but I'm also planning on getting Civ 5. Right now I believe its $50 for the complete edition, should I wait for this to go on some ridiculous 50% - 75% steam sale that seems to be happen fairly frequently or am I dreaming that a game that new will go on any type of meaningful sale in the near future.

lol. In a few weeks you'll have a shit load of games in your steam library and you won't have played 70% of them.

gdt

the nightman cometh said:

Bahahah. Just wait. I got Civ 5 for $11 (regular edition) during the summer sale.

Awesome game btw. Still playing a lot.

If anyone needs a USer to gift them a game at a cheaper price just send me a pm and I'll be happy to do it for you.
Also I need help deciding between two things. The first is Penumbra Black Plague and FEAR 1. The second is the FEAR collection. I only have 7 dollars so I can only get one.

The_Monk

I have no money and my Steam list is a shame, the sales are ridiculous comparing to my wishlist. They nailed everything. Well, almost.

Where's my consolation hug, Gaf...?

Dambrosi

Banned
Ifrit said:
Yes, DMC4 is a god-tier port, inarguably the definitive version

And the game is great, you'll love it

Also, you enjoyed 2?
I think he's cleverly implying that 2 doesn't exist.

Hovering on DMC4, but it might be cheaper in December, so I'll probably hold off. Tempted by FEAR 2 + Reborn DLC though, and defo getting Penumbra Black Plague Gold.

Not related to the sale, but does anyone have an opinion on The Haunted: Hell's Reach? Looks great, a lot like Shadows Of The Damned. Anyone?

froliq

meh bad euro pricing on both Dead Space games

Good sale overall. Nice pricing on great titles. Might end up buying a couple of small things, but I want to save up for christmas ;_;

Crunched said:
Slow down, Necronomikon. We've gotta keep that heart rate down buddy.

Sorry but that's what steam does to me. It gets me happy and sad at the same time! Happy for so many great games to acquire at such a low price, and sad because my wallet gets thinner every time great games are that cheap (And if you see my steam account I don't have many games as I try to finish every game I have... again try!)

Anyway you're right! Christmas sale could have it for less or at the same price I guess =P

Ifrit

vulva said:
playable atleast?

I think the game didn't even had controller support initially, keyboard only iirc. I think you can fix that by other means.

I'd say skip it and get DMC4, if you already haven't ,or get DMC3 SE for PS2 and play it on emulator, or even better, wait for the HD Collection

Appleman said:
Some of the packs are actually absurdly cheap (see: FEAR, Dead Space). Hell, Dead Space 2 came out THIS YEAR!

Not too many phenomenal deals on single games though (FEAR 3, RE5)
How did you noticed Fear Collection was so cheap? At 6 or so its a good price. I wonder what other cheap stuff is there that doesn't show up in the Steam page or at the ot here.

EDIT:How does Fear 1 behave with Windows 7?

goodfella

Refreshment.01 said:
How did you noticed Fear Collection was so cheap? At 6 or so its a good price. I wonder what other cheap stuff is there that doesn't show up in the Steam page or at the ot here.

EDIT:How does Fear 1 behave with Windows 7?

Works great for me w7 64 bit.

If you have a logitech mouse you will experience stuttering, but there is a fix on the steam forums.

Edit: Buy Vampires if you enjoy RPGs

Picked up Scratches, Ghostbusters and Dracula: Origins. Would have re-bought RE5 & DMC4 for steam if they were $5 and probably would have gotten DMC3 at that price for shit's and giggles... oh well.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
The_Technomancer said:
Wow, I'm buying like six different adventure games.

This is a surprisingly good sale for those of us who like adventure games! I'm getting quite a few myself.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeah, not owning Vampires should be ban worthy. Even if you're on a mac or will literally never play it or something. You should own this game.

gdt5016 said:
Bahahah. Just wait. I got Civ 5 for $11 (regular edition) during the summer sale.

Awesome game btw. Still playing a lot.

Thanks, looks like I'll definitely wait then. I just wish the game had some sort of Halloween connection so it would be on sale now.

Nice! Special thread for the sale. Thanks Señor Naranja!

I'm going to have a hard-ass time justifying to my wife the frolicking of these days with the Christmas sale already on the horizon. Shieeet.

Thoraxes

confused said:
Devil May Cry 4 for PC, the start of Capcom's push to MT framework and one of the best console ports you'll find on PC :

002_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg
My question is, why the hell hasn't it hit $5 after being on there for so long.

I've been waiting for that magic number for a while now.

3.40 for Atom Zombie Smasher...at that price anyone remotely interested in any type of strategy game should take that one out for a spin. Fun, unique little game. Difficulty to categorize. I wish I could gift a few copies but I just don't have the cash right now. =/

Tough, though! Start with the mods that make the game easier all checked.

There are lots of games on that list that are easy to recommend, but aside from a handful already well covered by other posters, this is the one I would pick.

Top Bottom