• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
XIII-2 is way better than XIII and Serah and Noel are better characters than all the XIII cast combined (except for Sahz).

That's another one I want. $80 for the full package though... Not that it matters right now, thanks to that fucking region lock I'll have to wait until they announce a date for us EU peasants.

Yeah... no. Sahz is the worst.

I will never agree with this. I liked XIII but thought XIII-2 was weaker in every regard aside from side quests. Felt like that was the only feedback Square took from XIII.

Yeah, this is what I'm afraid of. Need to cue the Deus Ex HR memes for when I do play it.

Aah 100% in Rise of the Tomb Raider. Have to say, I feel now exactly same as I felt with the first game, so same level of goodness? I loved the first one also so.:D

Won't bother getting more achievements, so many are with the challenge mode and DLC.

That's not 100% then.

8z7IVaL.png

2 People already did the dood deed.

I think I'd honestly rather have this on Vita and Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero (and the sequel) on Steam instead, dood.

13-2 is a better game than 13 in every way I can think of.
And it turns out Serah is actually infinitely more interesting lead character than Lightning.
Also Mog is great.

Kupo!

I always liked mogs, but yeah, I doubt it, but I'll still give it a shot someday. And I was partial to Fang, for the record. Fang was probably my favorite character in a FF game since they were on PSX. :p

Dr Dogg

I got it for free from Zestiria but this sounds bad.

Yikes. I assume since it's based on the PS3 version it's also 30fps locked too, right? Talk about a minimal effort...

Yeah just doing a quick pixel count I've got 5 steps over a 10 pixel space so I'm guessing it's internally rendering at 1280x720. Looks like it's scaled and interpolated but I'll drop the resolution down and have a look. Oh yeah and it's also running at 30fps as everyone and their mothers thought it would. I mean if you had it at 60fps you'd be shouting from the rooftops not staying silent.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yeah just doing a quick pixel count I've got 5 steps over a 10 pixel space so I'm guessing it's internally rendering at 1280x720. Looks like it's scaled and interpolated but I'll drop the resolution down and have a look. Oh yeah and it's also running at 30fps as everyone and their mothers thought it would. I mean if you had it at 60fps you'd be shouting from the rooftops not staying silent.

Well I knew quite a few people were sad that the original Gamecube version ran at 60fps but that the PS3 version was based on the PS2 version in Japan. The PS2 couldn't handle the game at 60fps so they dropped it down to 30 and never bothered to take it back up to 60 in the PS3 version.

On the other hand, the PS3 version this was based on has new content, new voice acting, better fonts, etc so at least there's that. Otherwise it's looking more and more like firing up the original in Dolphin might yield a better experience until some enterprising modder steps up to the plate.

It's not a ORANGE Steam Thread when it's on time. Part of the ORANGE deal.
That said, mb/schackles should be free to start a new OT once it takes too long and fill it once ORANGE gets online and sends them the full content.
I see a bit confusion. He's being sarcastic.
---
About Division beta:

- highy detailed world, must have been thousands of hours of work
- it's walking - the game, and with no cars
- multiplayer integration makes it worse, hope there'll be a way to disable any online portion amd connectivity

A bit underwhelmed.

MUnited83

For you.

Lol wow. I expected it to be somewhat of a barebones port, but 720p lock? Holy crap Bamco, what r u doing

Well I knew quite a few people were sad that the original Gamecube version ran at 60fps but that the PS3 version was based on the PS2 version in Japan. The PS2 couldn't handle the game at 60fps so they dropped it down to 30 and never bothered to take it back up to 60 in the PS3 version.

On the other hand, the PS3 version this was based on has new content, new voice acting, better fonts, etc so at least there's that. Otherwise it's looking more and more like firing up the original in Dolphin might yield a better experience until some enterprising modder steps up to the plate.
Dolphin is definitely the better version. I just played the first few minutes of both and the Steam one is very disappointing. 4k looks blurry and jaggy on Steam while Dolphin looks very clean and smooth while running at 60FPS. For shame, Bamco. For shame.

one annoying thing with Symphonia...New Game is the first option on the menu so if you're pressing buttons to speed things up you'll easily hit that by mistake

Dr Dogg

Well it's a DX9 title so resolution shouldn't be too much of a hassle to look at but you'd hope Scamco would do this seeing as they have the source code and it's only just been released so has active support for it (well you'd hope). Framerate probably isn't something they're going to touch as that might run into the old break something and required QA would be more than they're willing to spend (where as a modder doesn't have to offer support of any kind unlike the publisher). Does make me wonder why a lot of publisher view their properties so poorly.

edit: oh new thread...

Oh, I see ModBot is flushing out the tubes. The stink of unwanted games shall be purged for a few days.
I think it is people wanted to see what was in this box:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=193916967&postcount=21526
Note that pay it forward rule (however with only 6 entrants and more than 6 mystery games given out some of it was bandwaggons...). As for what was in the box? Might well have been Paradise Island/Heaven Island - VR MMO (it is always a good sign when a game can't decide what to call itself):
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=193934717&postcount=21752

Dsyndrome

I miss anything good Steam-wise today? Had to deal with a power outage and labs all day and have been following Iowa more than this thread.
edit: nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom