• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Fuck yeah Tea. Earl Grey for life.

Playing a bit more ROTR, and I'm happy to see one of the only parts of TR2013 I liked return, these little treasures you can find that Lara talks a bit about.

CK08qMV.png

Parsnip

I still don't see it. The only positive for XIII-2 is that it had more side quests. Having to play Pokemon for your third team members was needless busy work. Not to mention to time travel story made even less sense than XIII.

I'm not sure I follow you on the busywork part. Aside from the occasional fusion, they were pretty much the same as any other third party member would have been.

Jawmuncher

I'm not sure I follow you on the busywork part. Aside from the occasional fusion, they were pretty much the same as any other third party member would have been.

No you had to get items to upgrade the team members. I had a clockwork sentinel and had to grind items to upgrade him. You weren't just leveling them up.

dex3108

Fuck yeah Tea. Earl Grey for life.

Playing a bit more ROTR, and I'm happy to see one of the only parts of TR2013 I liked return, these little treasures you can find that Lara talks a bit about.

I love those treasures and audio logs in RotTR more than main story to be honest XD

No you had to get items to upgrade the team members. I had a clockwork sentinel and had to grind items to upgrade him.

Thats actually the problem with 13 and 13-2. To beat the sidequest monster you usually have to grind for hours. In the end I used a trainer to get the necessary items to upgrade weapons (in 13) and items (in 13-2).

Parsnip

No you had to get items to upgrade the team members. I had a clockwork sentinel and had to grind items to upgrade him. You weren't just leveling them up.

I just bought that shit from the store, there was nothing else to use money in that game anyway.

edit :Unless of course you want to beat extra bosses and monster or whatever, I couldn't care less about any of that. I just played through the game and didn't think upgrading monsters was tedious at all.

Ozium

I still don't see it. The only positive for XIII-2 is that it had more side quests. Having to play Pokemon for your third team members was needless busy work. Not to mention to time travel story made even less sense than XIII.

yeah going into a menu to change your party members like every other FF game was such a lot of busy work

also the story does make sense, if you use your brain

oh you guys. I don't know how you got the silly idea that I'm giving you all copies of disgaea, there will be 2 copies, 1 copy for now and another one when it launches. In about an hour I'll give the first one away

giving everyone copies... pssttt, i barely make it by to pay for my classes

If we all post part of an OT lashman can quote-Frankenstein it together into the new thread.

It's so crazy it might just work, right?

Edit: I'll start.

Super hot Stardew Valley Review
It's like Terraria and Starbound looked at Harvest Moon and said, "Huh. That's cool."

Jawmuncher

oh you guys. I don't know how you got the silly idea that I'm giving you all copies of disgaea, there will be 2 copies, 1 copy for now and another one when it launches. In about an hour I'll give the first one away

Thanks for the copy you promised me.

Symphonia unlocks in 10 minutes, right? Or 1 hour and 10 minutes?
Steam store page was saying approximately 1 hour but now says nothing implying that at Feb 1st 23:59 CEST it is finally Feb 1st (Bamco must be running on Steamgaf time)...speaking of ToS why does the store page show a BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) rating? The Gamecube version was only PEGI rated here and besides the BBFC have not rated games for years (the backlash over Manhunt 2 is probably to blame here...)

Ozium

prinny trying to weasel out of giving everyone disgaea

how you going to get disgaea 2 on PC when no one buys the first one LMFAOOOOO

Tales of Symphonia is unpacking now

You're playing already, so fast. :eek:
My poor HDD..

Steam store page was saying approximately 1 hour but now says nothing implying that at Feb 1st 23:59 CEST it is finally Feb 1st (Bamco must be running on Steamgaf time)...speaking of ToS why does the store page show a BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) rating? The Gamecube version was only PEGI rated here and besides the BBFC have not rated games for years (the backlash over Manhunt 2 is probably to blame here...)

It's unlocked now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Dogg how's the graphics options in Symphonia?

Vamphuntr

Ummm you got resolution options. And I think they end up just being presentation resolution rather than rendering because this does not look like 2560x1440.

That and it's using about 5% of my GPU. Give me a sec and I'll have a look properly.

I got it for free from Zestiria but this sounds bad.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Ummm you got resolution options. And I think they end up just being presentation resolution rather than rendering because this does not look like 2560x1440.

That and it's using about 5% of my GPU. Give me a sec and I'll have a look properly.

Yikes. I assume since it's based on the PS3 version it's also 30fps locked too, right? Talk about a minimal effort...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom