• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Im not sure if I am the only one, but FF13 doesnt even convince me graphically. The first few trailers, "gameplay videos" and the demo look great. But the last videos they released and screenshots look like a mix between current-gen and last-gen. This Nilfheim Video looks totally bland to me. Everything besides the cool looking effects look kinda lackluster.

Game is rough on Xbox one. The demo felt like it was gonna break. Definitely a real showing for a "beta".

Regarding FFXV, yeah, very little hype here. The Versus trailer still gets me pumped but what it became with XV is just meh.
The main thing to get me hooked on a rpg are the characters, I'll play through an average rpg if I like the characters (Resonance of Fate being a good example) but if the cast annoys me I don't stick with it even if it's good.
Spending dozens of hours with that japanese boys band is incredibly unappealing to me.

Speaking of jrpgs, I really want to check out that Digimon game that is releasing on PS4 and Vita tomorrow. I don't know shit about Digimon but I'm interested in the game for some reason. Probably the SMT/Persona fanatic in me.

Messiah

y38Bo8L.jpg

Almost February 2nd here, I am getting anxious. Steamthread is trapped in the past.

Jawmuncher

I don't see FFXV being the resurgence for FF in the west. I think Square even knows it at this point. Funny enough that the FF7 remake is what will probably bring it back.

If you don't touch the voltage, generally speaking, you'll be okay.
It's typically not dangerous. Your Windows might freeze if you go overboard but just reboot. However 970 overclocking can get quite in-depth if you dig deeper into it (ie. try to maximize instead of just taking the easy extra performance). There's a problem with power states and minimum voltages when the card is not heavily stressed and so on. I had to modify my 970 bios manually to get past the issue. But again, it's not something you have to worry about if you don't heavily overclock.

I really think more people with at least decent cooling should spend 10-15 minutes watching a Youtube video to get some extra performance out of their GPU (and why not CPU as well). It's nearly free performance (slightly increased electric bill) and you pretty much can't break anything if you follow the guides. My 970 performs at or slightly above a regular 980 (unless the 3.5GB memory limit becomes an issue).
Thanks guys. I am not interested in playing with voltages or maximizing overclock. Only the old clock boosts for the extra 5-10 frames.
My mobo is a Z97 but my CPU a non-K i5-4690, so no overclocking on that front. I do have a massive CPU cooler though. Got it for bigger fan/quiet. Who knows, maybe I'll get a cheap i7 LGA1150 down the line. Couldn't justify springing +100€ on the CPU at the time.
PS3 emulation is progressing at a much faster pace than I imagined. Nice.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
You guys all talking about Final Fantasy XV made me think it has a Steam Store page or something, though quickly looking it up did return results that amused me.

e6b19332836dea45d52d6a687b65b493.png

Pachimari

Oh man, not this Final Fantasy XV talk in here as well. I could barely take all of the "this is not Final Fantasy" talk in the other threads, it's unbearable.

But the graphics looked great.

And now we have:

Disregardig the effects, one might think thats its RDR for the PS3.

In the older trailers and screenshots the grass rendering distsance looked "infinite". Now here it looks like its 5m.
There's something wrong with all of their latest screenshots, and doesn't represent the state of the game.

tuxfool

Banned
Sure. No worries ;)

Maybe I am also just a bit blown away by the Tomb Raider graphics, so I cant judge well how a game should look like. Really not sure. Just looks kinda lackluster to me.

As somebody with extremely high standards, I'd have to agree that you're quite wrong.

But yeah, you don't have to like it.

dex3108

Oh man, not this Final Fantasy XV talk in here as well. I could barely take all of the "this is not Final Fantasy" talk in the other threads, it's unbearable.

There's something wrong with all of their latest screenshots, and doesn't represent the state of the game.

New trailer is clever. It is night section with limited view distance, clever editing and fast sequences. I am not saying that game looks bad but if you look close enough you will notice average and some simple textures and some low poly objects and aliasing.

Knurek

Well, good for them.
Nice of them to actually name the previous releases of Aveyond 3 correctly - no more guessing which is which.
Pity they didn't include Aveyond 1 & 2 as well. :\

yuraya

They just confirmed on Konami twitch stream that new DLC for MGO next month will have 3 new maps and 1 new game mode. Haven't revealed new mode yet. Plus Quiet as playable character and other features like a new rank F-S system. The way they worded everything sounds like the DLC will be paid. They didn't confirm it tho. There will also be a big balance patch with other stuff released same day as DLC.

Pachimari

New trailer is clever. It is night section with limited view distance, clever editing and fast sequences. I am not saying that game looks bad but if you look close enough you will notice average and some simple textures and some low poly objects and aliasing.

I don't have to look at the trailer, which looks magnificent on its own. Even Episode Duscae is a league above many other games in terms of graphics to me, and that includes animations and effects of course.

Ozium

w̻̤͕̪̤̖̝̑ͥͫ̿̓̀̍̇̋͝h͍̺͐͡͠ͅy̨̩̝̜͖͎̪̾̋ ̶̱̿ͯ̈́́͘î̔͏̦̟͚͚̟̗s͔̑̅̏̄̿̇͋ͫͨ ̟͖̗͔̈́̂͗̄͐̀zͨ͑̋̿ͭ̀͏̝ͅk̴̻̹̯̦̥̼͉͎ͦ̅͆̿͌͘͝y̠͇͖̥̐̓͛̃̈́̔l̜͍̻̼̽́́͝o̴̡̠̐̒̌͒̃nͥ͒̎ͨ̀͏̝̝͙̭͓̹͙͚ ̫̮̍̕t͈̞̻͚ͬ̏a̷̝̱͎͖͕̙̲̥ͤ̈́̅ͩ̌̈͛̚̕lͨ̂ͤͭ̇̄͏̥͓̪̭̺̭͠k̟̯͔̳̜̪͚̓͂̿͟i͖͚̥̰͕̠̲̼͕ͣ̏̐n̸̤͔̠͍̗͇̣̻͒̆ͫ̐̓̇̈ḡ̷͍̘͉̯̜̣̿̎͗ͮ̍̋ ̿͋̉̐ͧ҉̡̤̩i̷̞͉̅̐ͦͧ́n̵̩̖͓͚͙̞̫̈̏͊̏͂ͣ̋͢ͅ ͇͍͎̬̳͉̤̀͋̃̒̌c͖̙̓̅͑̾̃̔̄ͣͨ́͞o̶̳̪͚̩͋͞d̳̫̹̙̣̰͖̯̟ͭ̅ͥ͒͊̀ͥ̆e̶̫͕ͫͧ̀̀

Phawx

Congrats SteamGAF, you've generated a list of not quite two dozen titles, I think you're just reinforcing my original point that there aren't enough games driving the need for an Xbox emulator to be made.

You probably would have a better chance of bugging companies like Sega and From Software for ports of their Xbox games than you do hoping for an Xbox emulator.

Yup.

Pretty sure the reason we don't have Xbox emulation isn't because of "lack of exclusives"

Jawmuncher

They just confirmed on Konami twitch stream that new DLC for MGO next month will have 3 new maps and 1 new game mode. Haven't revealed new mode yet. Plus Quiet as playable character and other features like a new rank F-S system. The way they worded everything sounds like the DLC will be paid. They didn't confirm it tho. There will also be a big balance patch with other stuff released same day as DLC.

No one on PC will care if they don't do something about cheaters.

Ucchedavāda;193954338 said:
You can now pre-purchase Disgaea for $20, which includes the art book and soundtrack:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/405900

I await my free game from Prinny.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
STEAM | February 2016 - Orangeade.
4NHD1nc.jpg

At this point I'd say go ahead and make the new thread except then everyone would totally miss out on my sweet Tales of Symphonia review I sent MRORANGE

tuxfool

Banned
I don't have to look at the trailer, which looks magnificent on its own. Even Episode Duscae is a league above many other games in terms of graphics to me, and that includes animations and effects of course.

I'd agree that the new trailer looks good. Duscae looks like trash, though. For a multitude of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom