• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2016 - Out of cash, out of cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
so weird to me that the OG xbox got left in the emulation dust while everything else seems to be progressing. I mean i get it, the machine didn't have a whole lot of exclusives that make the effort worthwhile but seeing the 360 and ps3 chugging along makes me wonder about it

Want niche, this is really niche -- MB-C19946770E2FE88E - Taken by Starwolf_UK
don't enter if you don't like chess, also the other person should stop misspelling trails
Well several hours of it being unloved and my hunch this was AoF Chess Club (the only recently bundled chess game I can think of) and I confirm that is the case. I'll give it an okay home. May it bring me booster packs like Angels of Fasaria did (which is quite possibly the worst RPG I've played, I don't know if this will be a bad game of chess...).

Wok

There is this conference tomorrow in Paris at 5 PM. I might be there.

Affiche_LIS_easmtb.jpg

There are two game directors of Life is Strange (SteamGAF almost made it GOTY).

How to get there:

12552637_1550708748579504_3702199665734129529_n.jpg

Jawmuncher

so weird to me that the OG xbox got left in the emulation dust while everything else seems to be progressing. I mean i get it, the machine didn't have a whole lot of exclusives that make the effort worthwhile but seeing the 360 and ps3 chugging along makes me wonder about it

Yeah it bothers me the most. We could have already had full on Xbox Emu if people cared.

Pachimari

But wasn't the reason, that they couldn't crack (lack of a better word) the original Xbox (it makes no sense though), and not that there weren't enough interest?

Jawmuncher

But wasn't the reason, that they couldn't crack (lack of a better word) the original Xbox (it makes no sense though), and not that there weren't enough interest?

Consider the stuff PS3 especially is pulling off, I think it still sits with both. Lack of interest for something that would take more work than PS2 and GC emu

The problem with Xbox emulation is it's a difficult and there aren't many reasons driving the need for it.

Jet Set Radio Future
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Gunvalkyrie
Otogi 1 & 2

And...?

Wok

Will it be livestreamed? If so, hold up a SteamGAF sign.

I don't think so. :'(

Plus I have just read it should contain massive spoilers since game directors advise the audience to at least beat the first three episodes, maybe even the fourth episode, before the conference!

Uzzy

Almost! Really, given how supremely excellent Witcher 3 is, the fact it came second is a win.

That conference looks pretty interesting too. Shame I'm working tomorrow.. and, uh, don't speak French other than swear words and 'bonjour'. Might not go down to well with the locals.

Jawmuncher

The problem with Xbox emulation is it's a difficult and there aren't many reasons driving the need for it.

Jet Set Radio Future
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Gunvalkyrie
Otogi 1 & 2

And...?

Breakdown!
Conker Live and Reloaded, Mech Assault 1&2, crazy taxi 3, some others. There's a decent amount.

dex3108

Well chances are it's going to be an Nvidia bundled game so you could nail two birds with one stone. I mean it performs pretty well on a 970 that providing you've a half about CPU wont have to make too many concessions. Well depending how much they cost for you, I guess going without food for a few months just to buy one is a pretty big concession :p

Well my only realistic choice is to buy GTX 970 from a "guy" who got it from a guy, who got it from Hungary probably (Hungary has cheapest hardware in the region i think). That means even though they say you have warranty you really don't and so it is risk. But card costs around 300 euros. Next choice is going to the store where i am sure i will have warranty but card costs more than 450 euros. Pascal won't come until second half of the year and for me that won't matter too much because prices won't drop here and new cards will be expensive as hell.

Wok

Almost! Really, given how supremely excellent Witcher 3 is, the fact it came second is a win.

That conference looks pretty interesting too. Shame I'm working tomorrow.. and, uh, don't speak French other than swear words and 'bonjour'. Might not go down to well with the locals.

This is the way to go in the amphitheater according to their Facebook page.

Congrats SteamGAF, you've generated a list of not quite two dozen titles, I think you're just reinforcing my original point that there aren't enough games driving the need for an Xbox emulator to be made.

You probably would have a better chance of bugging companies like Sega and From Software for ports of their Xbox games than you do hoping for an Xbox emulator.

yeah, we're better off just nagging sega for them to release their xbox stuff elsewhere

Yup.

Jawmuncher

Congrats SteamGAF, you've generated a list of not quite two dozen titles, I think you're just reinforcing my original point that there aren't enough games driving the need for an Xbox emulator to be made.

You probably would have a better chance of bugging companies like Sega and From Software for ports of their Xbox games than you do hoping for an Xbox emulator.

Yup.

I'm too lazy to make an actual list

Too. Many. Games.
Stahp!!!

Seriously though, it's overwhelming.
I'm not buying anything until I finish what's on my plate, but resisting things like X-Com 2 and Gravity Rush Remastered is pretty hard. Already skipped Dragon's Dogma for the same reason, which is another game I really want to check out.
Finding the time for all this stuff will be impossible.

My expectations for Final Fantasy XV are extremely low after playing the demo. I'm expecting another FF13. Just an alright JRPG and that's it. Nothing that'll stand the test of time like the older titles. Though I expect a lot of people to eat it up just like dragon age Inquistion because it has side quests.

Hoping to be wrong though.

After X and XII, my expectations for XIII were low. It ended up being a fantastic game for me and I put it in with my "high" tier of FF games. No clue how XIII-2 and XIII-3 are, haven't gotten to them yet. Something about the way FFXIII-2 was made kind of puts me off as I had no interest in playing as the new guy and Lightning's sister and I really have never been a fan of the Pokemon style monster capture/skill gameplay in the series (which I believe was first seen with Gau in FFVI, maybe?... you could do some bad shit to the game if you used Relm to paint Gau when he returned from Leap command... I ended up borking my game/save file with that. :lol).

I have no expectations for FFXV, which is exactly where I should be so I can go in and maybe enjoy it if there's something worthwhile there.

no franchise has ever fallen from grace as hard as final fantasy and that's fact

Classic Salsa.

Code:
project phoenix finally got their programmer!

yay

only like 2 more years to go lol

I have no idea what this means, but I'm not a fan of this new gimmick.

What the hell is going on

(S)He thinks (s)he's Morningbus.

How to get there:

Thanks but no thanks. Life is Strange really wasn't that good and I have no idea why SteamGAF seems to love it so.

Makes me wonder what I'll think of Remember Me when I get to it because that has a more average reputation around these parts I think... which means I'll probably either love or hate it.

NG fucking B

If they have a PS3 emulator working well enough, there's no need. NG fucking S is fine.

After X and XII, my expectations for XIII were low. It ended up being a fantastic game for me and I put it in with my "high" tier of FF games. No clue how XIII-2 and XIII-3 are, haven't gotten to them yet. Something about the way FFXIII-2 was made kind of puts me off as I had no interest in playing as the new guy and Lightning's sister and I really have never been a fan of the Pokemon style monster capture/skill gameplay in the series (which I believe was first seen with Gau in FFVI, maybe?... you could do some bad shit to the game if you used Relm to paint Gau when he returned from Leap command... I ended up borking my game/save file with that. :lol).

XIII-2 is way better than XIII and Serah and Noel are better characters than all the XIII cast combined (except for Sahz).

Ha, the only thing I plan on buying this month is FE Fates...
thankfully I got my money

That's another one I want. $80 for the full package though... Not that it matters right now, thanks to that fucking region lock I'll have to wait until they announce a date for us EU peasants.

Jawmuncher

XIII-2 is way better than XIII and Serah and Noel are better characters than all the XIII cast combined (except for Sahz).

I will never agree with this. I liked XIII but thought XIII-2 was weaker in every regard aside from side quests. Felt like that was the only feedback Square took from XIII.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I have no expectations for FFXV, which is exactly where I should be so I can go in and maybe enjoy it if there's something worthwhile there.

I also have no expectations of FFXV, but I still plan to buy it at release and play it right away. Maybe it'll be great, but I'm honestly not expecting "god-tier FF" like some others on GAF are. I played (and generally enjoyed) the demo on PS4 with the exception of the over-sexualized auto mechanic. I'm okay with the main cast being a boy band.

The game looks like it has an interesting enough setting and a big enough world and quite a bit to do, so I'll buy it.

wilflare

I shouldn't read the PS+ threads as I don't even own a PS4, but those "lol not another flash game lol, give me Knack plz" posts are depressing as hell.

should just avoid PS4 threads in general - it helps with yer sanity.

and.. since it's been a while

hello from the other side....!

After FFXIII (where i already went into that with low expectations), it would take rave reviews/impressions on the levels of what TW3 got before i'm ever jumping in on a mainline FF game at release again.

There just hasn't been anything since then that really shows that SE knows how to do a big budget final fantasy game

Jawmuncher

After FFXIII (where i already went into that with low expectations), it would take rave reviews/impressions on the levels of what TW3 got before i'm ever jumping in on a mainline FF game at release again.

There just hasn't been anything since then that really shows that SE knows how to do a big budget final fantasy game

XIII got decent reviews I recall.

Im not sure if I am the only one, but FF13 doesnt even convince me graphically. The first few trailers, "gameplay videos" and the demo look great. But the last videos they released and screenshots look like a mix between current-gen and last-gen. This Nilfheim Video looks totally bland to me. Everything besides the cool looking effects look kinda lackluster.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Who would have guessed, the XCOM 2 review thread is like every xcom 2 thread ever, so much dumb shit and portbegging.

Monooboe

Aah 100% in Rise of the Tomb Raider. Have to say, I feel now exactly same as I felt with the first game, so same level of goodness? I loved the first one also so.:D

Won't bother getting more achievements, so many are with the challenge mode and DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom