• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I assume that Doom is NOT nearing the end even tho the story typically would seem that way. I just
destroyed the hell energy production thing and now im off to kill this Olivia lady
in the next level, but its only been like 4 levels.

That is a truly amazing song. Especially on my new E=MU's. Wow.

And I hope I never have to fight a boss as ridiculous as Dark Fact ever again. Ever. Again.

The thing about Ys music is less that it's awesome and more that it's a force of nature.

Ok, I need this in my life.. It has an incredible Gear Krieg vibe.. My inner nerd just multiple orgasmed.

I have that on my radar specifically for that art.

For this Momodora game, do i need to have played the other 3?

Also, what kind of RPG is Xanadu Next most like? And how come this game has basically been never mentioned outside of this thread? =/

Vagrant Story meets Ys *waits for a bajillion other "X meets Y" answers that are also correct*

I assume that Doom is NOT nearing the end even tho the story typically would seem that way. I just
destroyed the hell energy production thing and now im off to kill this Olivia lady
in the next level, but its only been like 4 levels.

It's not nearing the end, nope.

Hektor

ubi is back with another smash

Warning: This title uses 3rd party DRM (Ubisoft Uplay)

rip

xuGD26n.png

Uno sure got a dedicated fanbase

I would get UNO but Ubisoft fucked up on Tetris and I heard UNO for consoles had a rocky launch.

Fuck off Ubi, rescind the Tetris license so SEGA can release Puyo Puyo Tetris for PC.

fantomena

Yay! My Gravity Rush 2 review code popped into my inbox. Didn't remember it was releasing this month (18th). So it'll be that and RE7 on Steam for me this month.

But the fun in UNO is playing with house rules where you can build up crazy chains so that one unlucky sob gets to pick up like 20 cards.

Mivey

"After a long wait, the promising part-Zelda, part-Last Guardian action-adventure game is back and looking better than ever. And it's coming to Xbox One and Nintendo Switch along with PS4!"

thanks for ignoring the Steam logo in the trailer IGN
Gabe not paying them enough for IGN to notice. Can't blame them,really, must be tough when all commercial games writing is basically dying off.

OneUh8

Welp I went ahead and signed up for a year with GAMEPUMP. For $20 it was hard to pass up. Hope it pays off.

Vlad

I don't believe that.

However the game looks like it has made great progress ever since the Sony schism and the allegations that came with that.

Wow, I didn't know that the game was going to be coming to the PC at all, so I'm thrilled about this. I had just resigned myself to the fact that it was going to be one of those console-exclusive games that I'd never get to play.

Teggy

yea that's basically how i feel about it. except that i played on ps3. there's an epilogue dlc available only on consoles but i don't think you're really missing out on anything as a pc player

The epilogue is the kind of story where the state of affairs is essentially the same before and after, so there's no real reason to play it, especially since it's not particularly good. And of course the story will never be tied up anyway.

Dr.Acula

Banned
The 2nd Witcher 3 DLC has such crazy production values. Cutscene, bossfight, cutscene, bossfight, cutscene, bossfight, cutscene, bossfight. And that's like the first 90 minutes. It's like playing an RPG version of Uncharted. I got some sidequests off the notice board and if the DLC keeps moving at this pace I won't have time to do them. It's go-go-go the whole way so far!

I probably wouldn't like the whole game if it were like this, but I love the change in sytle for what it is. I can't believe how CDPR keeps raising the bar on themselves. Holy shit Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be great. The way CDPR just keeps improving with all their releases is how it should be. They need to stay independent of EA et al forever, so they don't get gutted and ruined.

The 2nd Witcher 3 DLC has such crazy production values. Cutscene, bossfight, cutscene, bossfight, cutscene, bossfight, cutscene, bossfight. And that's like the first 90 minutes. It's like playing an RPG version of Uncharted. I got some sidequests off the notice board and if the DLC keeps moving at this pace I won't have time to do them. It's go-go-go the whole way so far!

Got a bit tired at the arena boss fight, and desperately wanted the option to stay out of it, and let that dumbass knight fend for himself.

Cth

I remember playing CheapyD from CAG in UNO back in the day.. won a tournament and a free game of my choice :D

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

I probably wouldn't like the whole game if it were like this, but I love the change in sytle for what it is. I can't believe how CDPR keeps raising the bar on themselves. Holy shit Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be great. The way CDPR just keeps improving with all their releases is how it should be. They need to stay independent of EA et al forever, so they don't get gutted and ruined.

I've been working through the game slowy since the sale and this is actually appealing to me. I generally don't find the open world aspect very appealing at all, and I end up warping around to waypoints because I don't care about exploring or getting plants or whatever. Can't wait till I get to the DLCs. I hear both are fantastic.

OmarYusaf

The first game is coming this Friday.

Most of the "shilling" is just people poking fun of how goofy the name is.

I know I know, people are just "pumped" about it.

I thought it was just a joke at first.

Was just surprised to see it was real.

How much does it cost?

Phawx

So when is this gamepump thing going online.

It can't possibly meet all this hype/shilling.

The first game that has been sorta revealed is underwhelming to me. But it's a +1.

So you could say that it's PUMPing up my GAME library. It is fulfilling at least the barest minimum of what it sets out to do.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I bust a gut laughing looking for Steam groups today:

1+ Games Collector (you need 1 game to join) 14,461 members
5+ Games Collector (you need 5 games to join) 14,203 members
10+ Games Collector (10 games to join) 14,158 members
25+ Games Collector (...) 12,802 members
50+ Games Collector 11,128 members
100+ Games Collector 8,567 members
250+ Games Collector 3,901 members
500+ Games Collector 2,119 members
1000+ Games Collector 1,156 members
2000+ Games Collector 496 members
3000+ Games Collector 269 members
4000+ Games Collector 139 members
5000+ Games Collector 54 members
6000+ Games Collector 18 members
7000+ Games Collector 2 members
8000+ Games Collector 1 member

lots of conversation going on in the higher level groups probably

Heh, that's interesting.

OneUh8

ABZU and Oxenfree are the last two games from 2016 I will be playing so I can make my GOTY list. Shocked I played as many games as I have this year. Already played INSIDE and Firewatch which I grabbed from the winter sale.

Cels

I'm sure someone out there hasn't played Fez yet...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cels, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

Fez (humble gift, redeems on steam) -- MB-FCA810CAD67433DC - Taken by Valxal. 4 entrants total.

t1483553331z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom