• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madn

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madn, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

xWBm0BY.png
Assassin's Creed Chronicles China (uPlay) -- MB-B633C957C602E13C - Taken by voodooray

NeoRaider

I am not a fan of new HB page tho. Because you can see everything as soon as page is loaded.
I really liked that feeling of scrolling down, revealing the games... lol.

fantomena

the business model would make zero sense for either the dev or gamepump if they did not release on steam.

K.

Not sure if I'll buy the 12 month plan. I have big difficulties subbing to plans where I won't know what I'll get, which is why I have not subbed to Humble Monthly.

I'll wait till the first game is revealed to see what to do.

Regginator

Does that little trick of opening multiple tabs, and waiting a few hours for the BTA to stabilize and then get it for whichever was cheaper, still work?

Arminsc

It's pretty weird how they did the tiers.

Might bite on the tier 1 since I don't have any of the chronicles games.

Ozium

AC3 in the BTA tier and only comes with 1 DLC that is only part of a story

meanwhile AC3 already free on club ubi

lmao

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
K.

Not sure if I'll buy the 12 month plan. I have big difficulties subbing to plans where I won't know what I'll get, which is why I have not subbed to Humble Monthly.

I'll wait till the first game is revealed to see what to do.

The first game is WayForward's Lit. There. Now it's revealed so you can see what to do.

The distinction between Game PUUUUMP and Humble is that Humble is mostly games already released on Steam and often games you already own. GamePump debuts each of the games, so you'll never get something you already have on Steam. Now, whether or not it'll be good? I have no idea. But it doesn't have the same risk component as Humble Monthly.

Arminsc

I wanted to pick that game up during the sale but opted for Alien Isolation instead. I will get SOMA next time.

SOMA is amazing, I loved the story. The gameplay is pretty simple tho, but the atmosphere does a pretty good job of keeping you in tension.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Uplay keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Assassin's Creed 3 -- MB-EB98F692D39CAC51 - Taken by Mengy. 4 entrants total.
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood -- MB-0D1098611615F00E - Taken by rtcn63. 34 entrants total.

t1483481811z1.png
Enjoy.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Why on earth would Ubi put Brotherhood in the highest tier instead of one of the newer games?

If you are AC fan, then yes it's pretty good bundle.

Not particularly, the tiers aren't that great, asscreed 3 only comes with the first third of the DLC story, and the keys are Uplay only. I say this as a fan of the asscreed series.

The best thing about the bundle is that you can buy the Chronicles games for a $1.

Friend i haven't spoken to in a long time has a steam account, but it's new and no games, if i give him a key, duplicate key i have from a humblebundle it should unlock his account to add friends?

zkylon

zkylewd
The irony being that the best game in the series was developed without his involvement.
i get where the bio 2 being the best game thing comes from but bio 2 is a refinement and a further exploration of 1, so involvement or not, it's hard to argue that his influence wasn't key to bio 2 being as good as it is

I'm all on that tier 1 and 2. I've been waiting for AC1 and 2 to get featured in a Humble Bundle. Such a shame AC3 is in tier 2 as opposed to Brotherhood which is in tier 3, especially considering AC3 was already free a few weeks ago.

Also, I'm not even mad it's Uplay. Sure, Steam would be better, but the value of this bundle is insane.
honestly even if ass 3 is a rougher game than brotherhood i still think you'll get more out of 3 since it's a completely new setting with easily the best character in the whole series, and it has that boat stuff everybody loves and shit

ass bros is just more ass 2, and there really is enough ass 2 in ass 2 for there to be another one

NeoRaider

Why on earth would Ubi put Brotherhood in the highest tier instead of one of the newer games?

Not particularly, the tiers aren't that great, asscreed 3 only comes with the first third of the DLC story, and the keys are Uplay only. I say this as a fan of the asscreed series.

The best thing about the bundle is that you can buy the Chronicles games for a $1.

Well that's true. I also think that many ppl and especially AC fans already have most of these games, so you are right.
That 1$ tier really looks like it's the best deal imo.

Ludens

Banned
I bought on this Steam sale AC1, AC2 and Unity, but later that day I refunded the games first because they were expensive compared to other sales, second because I have not really so much time to play.
It was the right decision, since I took this bundle now and pretty much for the price of the Steam version of Unity plus 3€ I got Ac1, AC2 and tons of other ACs.

And no, I don't care about the fact the game are Uplay only, considering even on Steam you need Uplay too.

Ozium

remember the good old days when Rogue, the rest of the AC3 DLC and Black Flag would be added to the BTA tier?

I couldn't laugh at this last night because I was still bitter so I slept on it... I was bitter because DF made me resort to really stupid mental gymnastics in order to keep my temper down. For instance, there was a moment where I was about to give up out of frustration and my brain kinda snapped and I imagined that when I scored a hit on DF it scared him so bad that he farted so hard that it destroyed the floor below him... I laughed like a madman for a good minute or two while trying to beat him after that. Made it more bearable I guess because I ended up beating him shortly after that. So, I guess you could call that a Pro tip.

Congrats. Dark Fact is such a pain. This reminds me that I need to play Ys II. I've been dabbling with Legacy of the Wizard via Steam Link as of late. I might just make 2017 the year of Falcom.

Thanks! About to start the second one.

Congrats!
Now go and defeat him on Nightmare.

---

giphy.gif

Congratulations.

Thanks! I really need to jump back into Divinity as well.

Take note of at least, it may as well have exceed 500K already but we won't know until their next financial report.

Allow me~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cne-6D2mjk

Just search Ys PC 88 for the music, as the PC-88 model were among the primary PCs the games were released in in Japan. Look up Ys PC 98 and Ys Redbook too ;)

That didn't take long:

https://youtu.be/TpLAeLzDvfw

I can't believe this was made in 1987. I just expected it to be NES quality and it's so much better.

My goodness, I've been listening to this since I got up. It's amazing. Also the year of my birth!

Regginator

honestly even if ass 3 is a rougher game than brotherhood i still think you'll get more out of 3 since it's a completely new setting with easily the best character in the whole series, and it has that boat stuff everybody loves and shit

ass bros is just more ass 2, and there really is enough ass 2 in ass 2 for there to be another one
I've already played through the entire series at least once (except for Unity/Syndicate and the Chronicle trilogy), but those were all on the PS3 years ago. I've been meaning to replay it on PC.

My order of favourites were: AC2> AC:B >> AC1 (for the sheer originality) > Black Flag > Revelations (amazing setting though) > AC3

AC3 was enjoyable, not as bad as many people make it out to be, but I still consider it the least memorable one for me.

The best AC is still the first one, fite me

I agree it has the best setting. I'm a sucker for medieval Middle Eastern settings.

Repetitive as FUCK though, so AC2 is the best of both worlds. Amazing setting(s) and a much more varied level structure.

Ozium

do we know when GAMEPUMP is supposed to deliver?

I've still yet to receive any correspondence from them thanking and/or acknowledging my joining of GAMEPUMP.

The first game was repetitive as fuck tho. oNLY REason I got it was because of the middle east setting.

yeah no other ubi or AC games are repetitive

lol

Volimar

I have 50 U points or whatever they call these uplay points. What do I do with these? I think there were unlocks for Blacklist...

def sim

I loved how the first one went out of its way to make the player want to kill the targets. It was kind of over the top, but it was fun.

zkylon

zkylewd
I've already played through the entire series at least once (except for Unity/Syndicate and the Chronicle trilogy), but those were all on the PS3 years ago. I've been meaning to replay it on PC.

My order of favourites were: AC2> AC:B >> AC1 (for the sheer originality) > Black Flag > Revelations (amazing setting though) > AC3

AC3 was enjoyable, not as bad as many people make it out to be, but I still consider it the least memorable one for me.
yeah that's totally valid

i just never liked ass bros for being such a derivative game. it's the only ass creed i've preordered and it was such a huge let down after how much of a step up 2 was from 1

NeoRaider

I have 50 U points or whatever they call these uplay points. What do I do with these? I think there were unlocks for Blacklist...

You can unlock different, small in game content and media like wallpapers, OST songs...etc.
Also i think that it can be used for discount on uplay store.

I too thought GAMEPUMP was a joke... I like the concept, but sucks that we don't know what any of the games will be. Hard for me to make a choice about subscribing that way...

It's $20 for a one year sub.

The way I see it as long as there is 1 or 2 games I like it will be worth it. I can giveaway or sell the rest.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I too thought GAMEPUMP was a joke... I like the concept, but sucks that we don't know what any of the games will be. Hard for me to make a choice about subscribing that way...

Another thing to keep in mind about GAMEPUMP, is that as a breakout service they're probably going to be hitting hard at least the first few months with some great releases. They're going to want to bring their "A game" to convince people that signing up for a year's worth of service is worthwhile to new customers and to give good examples of the types of releases we can expect.

If they release a bunch of garbage, the service will probably fall apart pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom