• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzin

I beat 2 games I got during the winter seal and have started on 2 more of them. What has this 52 game challenge done to me? Where are my endless hours of LoL, OW, and MMO_127

fantomena

Will GamePump games be released on Steam or will the games omly be for GamePump subs as in only they will get codes for it?

Glad I finally got around to playing BioShock. It has some top-notch world building for sure. The actual gameplay is... pretty good. The plasmids are cool. As I mentioned in the last thread, single-player FPS games get on my nerves really easily for some reason, and this game is no exception. I ended up lowering the difficulty to easy because I got tired of the bullet sponge enemies, but unfortunately now it's too easy. Oh well. I'm still enjoying the setting and working my way through the story. I'm currently in the area with that crazy artist guy.

zkylon

zkylewd
i bought a month of that gamepump thing to see what kind of games they release

like i would love to see something like contra hard corps on steam but i get the impression it's gonna be a bunch of like amiga games or something that i won't care that much for

it's still pretty cool but not for me if that's the case

Glad I finally got around to playing BioShock. It has some top-notch world building for sure. The actual gameplay is... pretty good. The plasmids are cool. As I mentioned in the last thread, single-player FPS games get on my nerves really easily for some reason, and this game is no exception. I ended up lowering the difficulty to easy because I got tired of the bullet sponge enemies, but unfortunately now it's too easy. Oh well. I'm still enjoying the setting and working my way through the story. I'm currently in the area with that crazy artist guy.
that's easily the best area

bioshock is great

I assume that Doom is NOT nearing the end even tho the story typically would seem that way. I just
destroyed the hell energy production thing and now im off to kill this Olivia lady
in the next level, but its only been like 4 levels.

That's where I am! My son, who finished it, confirmed I'm nowhere close to the end.

Amzin

Depends whether you enjoy playing games with target number and deadline in mind or not.

Well, I did it last year. And I enjoy playing games. It's just weird to realize I'm actually playing the games I just got... hasn't happened in a while :p

Kinda hoping the new Humble Bundle won't have anything I bought during the sale. Then again, there might not even be one today.

Tizoc

Milamber the game
932C1986A999596D4B5A350D2B1484E85E8B29AB

76DA6391691E5F4E00850BA80AA0B6AE6B7FB67D

Also Ass Creed Rogue

Tizoc

Oh hey that Tier 1 is just for me! I wanted the other 2 Chronicles games :p

EDIT: $15 for Unity? Hasn't base game been cheaper before?

zkylon

zkylewd
bums me out that ken levine will never do another bioshock again

i know they're all flawed in different ways but i feel like ken levine had pulled a kojima-like con of tricking a publisher into giving them money for their weird ultra expensive nonsense and we all benefitted for it

i don't hate the twilight zone but it's definitely not the kind of thing i'm hoping for out of him

i do think he might just make his best game on a tighter budget, free from all the shooting that always felt a bit out of place in the bioshock series

NeoRaider

Unity being in 3rd tier instead of Syndicate makes this bundle pretty meh.
1$ tier for me, and i am not even AC fan.

Edit: Also no new games being added next week... again. :/

Edit 2: Didn't Ubisoft just gave away ACIII for free few weeks ago?

zkylon

zkylewd
uplay has come a long way, it's still annoying to use cos it's another layer on top of steam but it's not as bad as it used to be

like, if i were comparing clients without their libraries i think i might actually choose uplay over steam

just looks better and is more lightweight and shit

but considering how shackled we all are by steam it's pretty annoying

and yeah, unity and brotherhood being $15 is super weird, as well as missing black flag altogether. what a weird bundle

just get ass 2 if you're weird and haven't played it already, that's the only genuinely good one (i like the others too including 1 and 3 but i'm weird)

Regginator

I'm all on that tier 1 and 2. I've been waiting for AC1 and 2 to get featured in a Humble Bundle. Such a shame AC3 is in tier 2 as opposed to Brotherhood which is in tier 3, especially considering AC3 was already free a few weeks ago.

Also, I'm not even mad it's Uplay. Sure, Steam would be better, but the value of this bundle is insane.

Grief.exe

bums me out that ken levine will never do another bioshock again

i know they're all flawed in different ways but i feel like ken levine had pulled a kojima-like con of tricking a publisher into giving them money for their weird ultra expensive nonsense and we all benefitted for it

i don't hate the twilight zone but it's definitely not the kind of thing i'm hoping for out of him

i do think he might just make his best game on a tighter budget, free from all the shooting that always felt a bit out of place in the bioshock series

The irony being that the best game in the series was developed without his involvement.

MadGear

Oh boy, I'm so bad at playing Plague Knight in Shovel Knight. I keep falling to my death after using the boost jump, I just can't control him well at all. New Game+ is easier than this.

Eanan

I really like that Humble Bundle.

Better than a lot of the trash ones they've been putting out recently.

Top quality games there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom