• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCG

Heck when Steam started getting JRPGs, people were sick to their stomachs that a company was putting their games on a different system. Fanboyism is a really weird thing.

I can vaguely understand this sort of attitude as a natural part of console wars, at least at a certain age, but it's silly to think console and PC versions can't or shouldn't co-exist.

I can vaguely understand this sort of attitude as a natural part of console wars, at least at a certain age, but it's silly to think console and PC versions can't or shouldn't co-exist.

I still dont get it. If consoles would get SC2 now, why would I care?
When consoles got Diablo 3, why would I care?
If consoles would get a Star Citizen version, why would I care?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh lol it IS a humble uplay bundle :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
And here I thought people bought into Gamepump in the thought that it may go south, but will be a fun shitshow to have been a part of.

Like backing any Kickstarter from a former Squaresoft employee.

Kudo

I still dont get it. If consoles would get SC2 now, why would I care?
When consoles got Diablo 3, why would I care?
If consoles would get a Star Citizen version, why would I care?

Well, at least in my case I don't get why people are happy but I'm just reassured in my purchase that I won't be getting an inferior port of a game, I'm not rich enough to double dip but own powerful PC and PS4 Pro so all the indecisiveness about exclusives usually affects my purchases.
If game is coming to PC I'll get it there, if not then PS4.
Doesn't work the same way if game from PC goes to console as the console version is most likely in some way "inferior" (no 1440p, fps etc.), sure some exceptions exist.

Ascheroth

That new humble bundle or the AC series is pretty much the definition of meh.

I also don't get the anger over Persona.Wasn't ever tite so far playstation exclusive?

Personally I'm of the opinion that every third-party game should ideally be available on every system. First-party exclusives from Sony and Nintendo are obviously never going to happen as long as they want to sell hardware.

I'm not angry over Persona, more like slightly annoyed.
Obviously I have no numbers or anything, but from my perspective Atlus' moves are financially stupid in a time where more and more japanese publishers start releasing their backlog alongside their new games on Steam and seemingly being succesful enough with it to continue or even expand that initiative.

And here I thought people bought into Gamepump in the thought that it may go south, but will be a fun shitshow to have been a part of.

Like backing any Kickstarter from a former Squaresoft employee.

Don't remind me. The money from that Dreadstarter could've gone to some GAMEPUMP.

I'm an expert on Japanese corporate culture and that Atlus PR guy is bringing great shame to his company (and country!) with his unprofessional comments.

I'm I doing it right?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Cosmic Schwung, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 62 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Lost Planet 3 -- MB-EFA1310E37A14559 - Taken by T-Rex.. 11 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Mafia II -- MB-323B36FF56A2BF14 - Taken by data. 9 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-83513261515BE973 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 11 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-FC4E4931E41CA374 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH. 5 entrants total.
140 -- MB-30C8F6DF2DCF6E21 - Taken by Dangerblade. 4 entrants total.
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-F1785385351885F9 - Taken by Mengy. 4 entrants total.
Beatbuddy -- MB-FF5E1772A002F061 - Taken by T-Rex.. 3 entrants total.
Before The Echo -- MB-D75A556E02E44075 - Taken by Endruen. 2 entrants total.
Bionic Commando: Rearmed -- MB-42913AC3670FE48B - Taken by sixteen-bit. 1 entrants total.
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger -- MB-7992414FFE7D49A1 - Taken by Polishin8r. 6 entrants total.
Commando Jack -- MB-CB55DD87F2E168F4
Deep Dungeons of Doom -- MB-4CD0AC9F02CEE464
Deponia -- MB-518F68CFAF4A37CA
Fly'n -- MB-4BDF3B431CBA01FD - Taken by bloke. 3 entrants total.
Gone Home with soundtrack -- MB-0B4407523421EB21
Grim Legends: Song of the Dark Swan -- MB-50F6A4CA6BCCAA70 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Grim Legends: The Forsake Bride -- MB-602E64E2FE342EC1 - Taken by Genki. 1 entrants total.
Knights of Pen & Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-818CDF8A36F1DE92 - Taken by Platy. 2 entrants total.
Limbo -- MB-66FE06FA0A8F492C
Lost Civilization -- MB-D2113C875B4DC2A9
Lumino City -- MB-03192056F94EAC21
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-335A340EFC79F739 - Taken by Orgen. 2 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren's Call -- MB-B17167A2B89A7ECB - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
Oil Rush -- MB-6A5D4D36EA44DD9F
One Way Heroics -- MB-C219A4CEC3AEF278 - Taken by T-Rex.. 3 entrants total.
Organ Trail -- MB-3146D849D542B147 - Taken by Tall4Life. 6 entrants total.
Outlast -- MB-114CCC3A9076AEF0 - Taken by Benedict. 4 entrants total.
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX Plus All You Can Eat -- MB-8CF05BABCCBE0484 - Taken by AHA-Lambda. 13 entrants total.
Paper Sorcerer -- MB-C5903D7A0FC7E4EF - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Pid -- MB-A774DC82B0B4A90E - Taken by Dessart. 4 entrants total.
Pier Solar -- MB-3ECAA200849EDBDF - Taken by Card Boy. 6 entrants total.
Psychonauts -- MB-D9E754B0AEB5AB87
Q.U.B.E. -- MB-C9A9BE0F1111CAB3 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 3 entrants total.
Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut -- MB-D0D692467337EECE - Taken by Polishin8r. 3 entrants total. - Taken by PaulSane. 4 entrants total.
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-18A06AE219B6870C
Runaway: A Road Adventure -- MB-AD92A595BD29D6BD
Runaway: A Twist of Fate -- MB-FB4A8C3E093053C5 - Taken by neonglow. 1 entrants total.
Runaway: The Dream of The Turtle -- MB-238C57314D193027 - Taken by dave is ok. 2 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl -- MB-7D2063B0AC8AED8A - Taken by Kudo. 9 entrants total.
Saints Row 2 -- MB-0C3F55A414540683 - Taken by Gunblade47. 2 entrants total.
Samorost 2 -- MB-CEE77998DBB77798 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 3 entrants total.
Savant: Ascent -- MB-F9E787C53210F36F - Taken by Vuze. 3 entrants total.
Septerra Core -- MB-4A9A276BC81D4EC0
Shadow Ops: Red Mercury -- MB-FBDEAF1316301BF8 - Taken by Nzyme32. 2 entrants total.
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-011CDCEABA9B6A1C - Taken by Regginator. 6 entrants total.
Slave Zero -- MB-9EC75F40A10B8762
Solar 2 -- MB-4DE043B20AF0865F
Space Quest Collection -- MB-EA5E6707248C5779 - Taken by Parsnip. 4 entrants total.
Speedrunners -- MB-78243B32AE0D4B9F - Taken by Naked Snake. 3 entrants total.
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-42873D89F09C91BC - Taken by Zeknurn. 11 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-5F85AB227756B4C5 - Taken by Cels. 4 entrants total.
Time Mysteries: Inheritance -- MB-3419370A8EF7793E
Timeshift -- MB-537120C4AFD489D0 - Taken by GAMEPROFF. 14 entrants total.
Titan Souls -- MB-7526FB431A759C28 - Taken by Abomination. 13 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-C54543E74C40CBC8 - Taken by Giant Panda. 2 entrants total.
Tomb Raider: Anniversary -- MB-D558927A891C72FC - Taken by hooijdonk17. 15 entrants total.
Tomb Raider: Legend -- MB-424419A3A8BAAB4D - Taken by Valxal. 11 entrants total.
Tomb Raider: Underworld -- MB-10E682B8DA736B72 - Taken by pantsattack. 7 entrants total.
Unholy Heights -- MB-5010F40704A746F2 - Taken by Madn. 4 entrants total.
Unmechanical -- MB-B1C7FFDB8D536BBA - Taken by longlivegaming. 2 entrants total.
Warhammer Quest -- MB-4D67C71E3234DCD4 - Taken by Volimar. 6 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Gratuitous Space Battles failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1483479622z1.png

Tektonic

A) gamepump: $20 (although it's more for us Aussies) is not a great expense to test the waters
B) humble bundle AC edition: is there any indication there will be 2nd week unlocks?
C) persona (and all that other anime rpg stuff): isn't that why people buy sony consoles? Steam has its fair share, but you would/should never count on PC release...

Ok, back to grim Dawn

Vlad

B) humble bundle AC edition: is there any indication there will be 2nd week unlocks?

It doesn't look that way. Usually when they're going to add games on the second week there's the blank space with "and more games coming soon" or something under it.

Cels

It doesn't look that way. Usually when they're going to add games on the second week there's the blank space with "and more games coming soon" or something under it.

and they've stopped doing that for a while actually, wonder why they stopped adding bonus games like they used to

Tektonic

Yes, I noticed nothing. Someone said they will wait for 2nd week, so I thought there was some leak or something that indicated there would be...

Drakhyrr

Humble BTA would be pretty good with all 3 DLCs for AC3, as they're pretty good IMO. but they only put one of them.

Considering they just gave the base game away, that ends up not being a great value, at least if you can find AC2 alone cheaper elsewhere on your currency.

Teggy

Would it kill Valve to match the "You've Played" on the library page with the "on record" times that appear on the activity pages?

I'm tempted by the uPlay bundle because it is a cheap way to get the Chronicles games and Liberation, but I think I will hold strong.

OneUh8

The whole Uplay thing kills that bundle for me. I try and avoid that piece of software. Although I have never had any issue with it, it is just another stupid service I rather not deal with.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Rambo The Video Game: Baker Team -- MB-DACB0EDAC5E3368A - Taken by PetriP-TNT. 9 entrants total.
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura -- MB-70816686DF3DAB8C - Taken by Last Baron. 15 entrants total.
Castle of Illusion -- MB-0036DB50AB107CAA - Taken by Nzyme32. 21 entrants total.
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara -- MB-0D29D94426AF5CC2 - Taken by Kudo. 18 entrants total.
Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned -- MB-FAC09E3F20E8EEF6 - Taken by Tall4Life. 2 entrants total.
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father -- MB-5C5B4EBF1220D085 - Taken by GAMEPROFF. 4 entrants total.
Judge Dredd: Countdown Sector 106 -- MB-09578A30A09598C1 - Taken by dave is ok. 12 entrants total.
Kathy Rain -- MB-F8AC54E95BDD8E70 - Taken by Large Professor. 20 entrants total.
Kero Blaster -- MB-301FA855B6E2C7D3 - Taken by KenOD. 26 entrants total.
King's Quest Collection -- MB-7B638B833A0F970A - Taken by alr1ght. 7 entrants total.
King's Quest Complete Collection -- MB-3EAE27C958AF29B8 - Taken by Teppic. 25 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock 2 -- MB-D8960334FEEB1789 - Taken by AHA-Lambda. 11 entrants total.
Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-5770D48B0B265C70 - Taken by oipic. 8 entrants total.
Odallus: The Dark Call -- MB-B5A54F9CDA709764 - Taken by Regginator. 6 entrants total.
Paint it back -- MB-4194BD62B1794CED - Taken by Hero Prinny. 23 entrants total.
Quest for Glory 1-5 -- MB-DFDF668B9C71D135 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack -- MB-248B3A4508B35C0B - Taken by Jadax. 3 entrants total.
Technobabylon -- MB-759209846C16BB54 - Taken by Costa1774. 8 entrants total.
The Beast Within: A Gabriel Knight Mystery -- MB-0717911A89BED567 - Taken by alr1ght. 4 entrants total.
Transformers: Devastation -- MB-D0962441933D8E0D - Taken by fspm. 41 entrants total.
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late -- MB-3B54EC7C8F62D439 - Taken by Ludens. 31 entrants total.
Velocity 2X -- MB-2740C211E18FB98B - Taken by ramoisdead. 18 entrants total.
Xanadu Next -- MB-DD94A9BA2147FA6B - Taken by Loptous. 61 entrants total.
ibb & obb -- MB-D47128D33066F1CB - Taken by Madn. 5 entrants total.

t1483480999z1.png

yuraya

PC version of Persona 5 is probably never happening..

but a Switch version? Pls. Very little chance Atlus doesn't do it. The Switch is gonna take over Japan by storm. Its gonna be the only powerful handheld in Japan for the next decade or so because you know damn well Sony isn't releasing another handheld. All these games of today and future are coming to the Switch. One way or another they are gonna make it over. That device is gonna double the sales of the 3DS long term probably and will easily be the most popular gaming device there since the DS/Gameboy.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
So is GAMEPUMP (using the mutually agreed upon all caps name as is custom), going to actually have anything other than MSX games? I would find this pretty hilarious if all it becomes is basic Steam ports of MSX games.

I mean MSX has some dope games, so that isn't a bad thing, but I get the feeling that some people around here are getting GAMEPUMP'd a bit too hard.

Backlogger

Wow, that Humble Bundle. I have nearly all of those on Steam. If this would have included AC Rogue with all DLC it would have been insta-buy.

Vibranium

Banned
So Rhianna Pratchett is gone from Tomb Raider, that is good news. Eidos Montreal should hire Gail Simone (who wrote a comics series) or someone else.

PC port begging is bad
PS4 port begging is great

I remember why I tend to hate gaming side and just chill here generally, even if I don't post a ton.

fantomena

When it comes to japanese games I just never expect them to release on Steam until announcement of them releasing on Steam.

I'll never be let down that way.

So for me FFXV, Kingdom Hearts, Nioh, Persona 5 will never release on PC.

I will probably bite on the Humble for those Chronicles ones. They seemed at least okay.

So now I'm uPlay. If you see me around GAF, don't fucking talk to me unless you accept Ubi in your heart and can prove it by proselytizing.

When it comes to japanese games I just never expect them to release on Steam until announcement of them releasing on Steam.

I'll never be let down that way.

So for me FFXV, Kingdom Hearts, Nioh, Persona 5 will never release on PC.
It's a good thought process, yeah. But lol at someone thinking I want it on PC just to pirate it.

I'll get it on ps4 for $5

Anteater

just wait until i learn japanese and email the yakuzas to tell them how much money sega has been losing from not porting their shit to steam

just wait until i learn japanese and email the yakuzas to tell them how much money sega has been losing from not porting their shit to steam

Working with japanese in the anime-sector (and I heard the videogame publishing sector isnt much different), they wont listen to reason...

The one making these decisions is some old japanese manager, who thinks PCs are for hentai-games and never even heard of Steam.

fantomena

It's a good thought process, yeah. But lol at someone thinking I want it on PC just to pirate it.

I'll get it on ps4 for $5

I learned that when the big SteamDB leak happened which included Halo 3. I was super excited, I expected Halo 3 to be annnounced for Steam any day. Here I am, no Halo 3 on Steam.

So yeah, until it happens I expect [insert japanese game] to never happen.

I learned that when the big SteamDB leak happened which included Halo 3. I was super excited, I expected Halo 3 to be annmounced for Steam any day. Here I am, no Halo 3 on Steam.

So yeah, until it happens I expect [insert japanese game] to never happen.

Everything from the Steamleak last winter has been released on Steam in the last year (besides that troll HL3 entry) or is being released this year. Everything there has been confirmed.

Also Halo 3 was supposed to come to Steam before, but seems something changed.

fantomena

Everything from the Steamleak last winter has been released on Steam in the last year (besides that troll HL3 entry) or is being released this year. Everything there has been confirmed.

Also Halo 3 was supposed to come to Steam before, but seems something changed.

Im not arguing about what happened from that leak, Im just saying I have a thought process of to never expect a japanese game to be releaseed on Steam until it happens. So I don't think Persona 5 will ever release on PC.

Vlad

Picked up Grow Up during the sale, and I really don't like the direction they went with the game. While I like the idea of a larger world with more stuff as opposed to just the one plant, they made traversal way too easy. Instead of the parachute and glider being resources you can lose, you instead get them as permanent abilities very early on. Not only that, but your jetpack ends up getting really powerful with just a few uprades, so you can just use a combination of it and your glider to get anywhere you want. I was able to completely bypass growing one of the star plants and access the big islands above it by just boosting until my three batteries were empty, glide for a second until they refilled, then repeat.

The whole scanning and planting plants system sounds neat at first, but it's next to useless given how mobile BUD is now.

Not only that, but they ruined the glider controls by having them be relative to the camera instead of to BUD.

PC port begging is bad
PS4 port begging is great

I remember why I tend to hate gaming side and just chill here generally, even if I don't post a ton.

I went into the Altus thread. Immediately saw the same talking points about how PCs cost too much, dozens of false equivalence arguments, the same circular and false nonsense we've read a million times. Closed the thread.

I'm not invested enough in any forum to swim against the current. It's basically just SteamGaf now.

I went into the Altus thread. Immediately saw the same talking points about how PCs cost too much, dozens of false equivalence arguments, the same circular and false nonsense we've read a million times. Closed the thread.

I'm not invested enough in any forum to swim against the current. It's basically just SteamGaf now.
We da best

U all da best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom