• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

51DDS4TG24L.jpg

This was so good and nailed the web mechanic so perfectly ;_;

Volimar

As far as I'm concerned, Rhianna Pratchett gets a lifetime get out of jail free card from me based solely on her parentage.

Cth

So Rhianna Pratchett is gone from Tomb Raider, that is good news. Eidos Montreal should hire Gail Simone (who wrote a comics series) or someone else.

Gail's a great writer (Deadpool!) and all around good person! I used to play games with her on the 360.

cyba89

I'm not invested enough in any forum to swim against the current. It's basically just SteamGaf now.

There is no singular current or whatever you call it. NeoGAF is a place with lots of people with lots of different opinions and views (some may even be different from yours).
This "Boo Boo, Gaming Side is all dumb SonyGAF who hate PC gaming" talk is just nonsense.

iiicon

I think you're all missing vital information here. If Atlus games come to PC, I won't be able to pay them $50 ($65 CDN) for a 3DS game and some tarot cards. I really need those tarot cards. You can't get that kinda thing on PC.

Test your luck mate ;)

Oh btw how do you guys have your categories set up? This is mine atm

I barely organize. I have a Filler category which is usually the games I'm hiding or want to try before hiding. I have a local multiplayer category and a Puzzle game category for casual games.

Most days I just filter to installed games only and go from there.

There is no singular current or whatever you call it. NeoGAF is a place with lots of people with lots of different opinions and views (some may even be different from yours).
This "Boo Boo, Gaming Side is all dumb SonyGAF who hate PC gaming" talk is just nonsense.

I would have agreed with you up until last week when we had a slew of anti PC threads with a shockingly poor level of discourse. And the patterns keep coming.

Of course GAF is no hive mind but when a substantial amount of the posters on a forum post in a particular way over and over again; you begin to doubt why you visit such a forum in the first place.

We literally had more than 20 4k TV threads in the gaming side after the PS4 Pro announcement, while before to a lot of people 4k gaming was useless...
Even the mods had to close a lot of "duplicate" threads.

Its quite clear that Gaming-side is sony-centered.

Monooboe

Test your luck mate ;)

Hl7xauq.jpg

I've decided to have it as simple as possible, I've hidden pretty much everything that I can't play on my current computer and all the games I'm never going to touch.

So just two, one for the 52 Challange and one for games I have to yet try and see if they run on my computer.

I barely organize. I have a Filler category which is usually the games I'm hiding or want to try before hiding. I have a local multiplayer category and a Puzzle game category for casual games.

Same. I do one that says "Next on Deck" to keep myself moving in a direction, but that has gotten bloated.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
2q7bneN.png

and the unfinished one might aswell be nuked and merged with not played since fuck if I remember anything from games I havent played in ages, I would have to restart them anyway.

barber

I promised myself not to buy games i wont play and humble bundle decides to do a assassins creed bundle...
Well does it count as breaking a new year's resolution if i donate to charity?
Edit: oh wait? u play? HAHAHA no

cyba89

We literally had more than 20 4k TV threads in the gaming side after the PS4 Pro announcement, while before to a lot of people 4k gaming was useless...
Even the mods had to close a lot of "duplicate" threads.

And the narrative in your head is now all the people who once said 4k gaming is useless are now opening lots of PS4 Pro threads?

Big Announcements result in lots of new threads. You will also have lots of Nintendo Switch threads in a few days.

Its quite clear that Gaming-side is sony-centered.

Well that's natural because it's by far the most popular console right now.
What's the problem? These are all gaming fans after all.

Parsnip

So y'all haven't heard about the rumor tht BG&E2 is exclusive to Switch for One year?
Not convinced, the specific way that rumor has evolved makes me doubt it.
But given what Ubi has done in the past, timed exclusive is at least more plausible, which is also what I said in one of the previous rumor threads I think.

Looks nice. I hope it's good, if only to stuff it in the face of the "well Sony dropped it so it must be bad" people. And also because I like good games.
So Rhianna Pratchett is gone from Tomb Raider, that is good news. Eidos Montreal should hire Gail Simone (who wrote a comics series) or someone else.
Woot. Now hopefully they get a good writer in her stead.

Adnor

Banned
Has IO Interactive announced if the Christmas level on HITMAN will last past the season, or will it disappear in a few days/weeks/months? I haven't finished the challenges and I need that Santa suit.

Hakkelus

I promised myself not to buy games i wont play and humble bundle decides to do a assassins creed bundle...
Well does it count as breaking a new year's resolution if i donate to charity?
Edit: oh wait? u play? HAHAHA no

Don't buy them if you don't play them.

Uzzy

When I finally forced myself to finish ROTR, my game kept crashing during the climatic cutscene. I like to think this improved the game by saving me from some of the terrible writing.

I hate that game so much.

And the narrative in your head is now all the people who once said 4k gaming is useless are now opening lots of PS4 Pro threads?

Big Announcements result in lots of new threads. You will also have lots of Nintendo Switch threads in a few days.

Well that's natural because it's by far the most popular console right now.
What's the problem? These are all gaming fans after all.

Being a fan of gaming doesn't guarantee that good conversation will come naturally after. The dozens of gaming forums I left before I arrived on GAF is a testament to that.

I finished my first game of 2017: Axiom Verge. The final boss was shit but everything else was great.

(edit) Awesome, I won Kathy Rain! I'm going to play it as soon as I finish Steamworld Heist.

ArjanN

As far as I'm concerned, Rhianna Pratchett gets a lifetime get out of jail free card from me based solely on her parentage.

People also don't understand how writing for a big AAA game works. The whole thing is almost certainly one big collection of compromises.

Parsnip

When I finally forced myself to finish ROTR, my game kept crashing during the climatic cutscene. I like to think this improved the game by saving me from some of the terrible writing.

I hate that game so much.

Haha. Yeah, you didn't miss much.

I also had that repeatable (DX12) bug.

Ozium

I finished my first game of 2017: Axiom Verge. The final boss was shit but everything else was great.

I enjoyed the game overall but I felt like it slogged down near the end, and I absolutely hated how you could find an item or secret area that you couldn't access at the time, and the game wouldn't mark it on your map that an item was there...

like you are going to unashamedly ape super metroid but not have item locations marked on a map once you see it?

AHA-Lambda

I think I've now realised just how bad I am at character action games =/

Gave up on Furi after the 4th boss, and switched to Easy mode. The game was just exhausting to play >_<
Have finished it now, but even then the game was still hardly a cakewalk.

Then again, I'm not sure if it's me sucking at this genre or the plethora of shmup/bullet hell style sections in the game.

Test your luck mate ;)

SQT9bYH.png

I enjoyed the game overall but I felt like it slogged down near the end, and I absolutely hated how you could find an item or secret area that you couldn't access at the time, and the game wouldn't mark it on your map that an item was there...

like you are going to unashamedly ape super metroid but not have item locations marked on a map once you see it?

You mean that the game should highlight rooms on the map in which items can be found?

Maybe it's a programming thing. I thought it was weird that the Rusalki never use the map to show the player where to (broadly) look for the next objective.

TAFK

Not home so can't screenshot like everyone but my categories are pretty similar to many stated.

-Alphas/Betas
-Beaten
-Currently Playing
-Mindless Games (Things like Banished, Cities Skylines that you dont really beat)
-Backlog to Start
-Not Playing

Card Boy

Banned
I wish there was some program that auto categorizes all your games into Genre. I got stuff i don't know what genre they are unless i look at Steam tags and i CBF doing that.

gelf

I just wanna say that I'm someone who has posted about not caring about 4K before and I still don't. New consoles certainly haven't changed that view.

Any time I see her name on GAF I think of her father and wish we could have some new games set in Discworld.

I would have agreed with you up until last week when we had a slew of anti PC threads with a shockingly poor level of discourse. And the patterns keep coming.

Of course GAF is no hive mind but when a substantial amount of the posters on a forum post in a particular way over and over again; you begin to doubt why you visit such a forum in the first place.

But those threads are amazing comedy. Or great troll threads. Either way, dummies abound to be laughed at.

Played a bit more of Empire of Angels 4.

I really really like it. Its getting more complex the more you play it, but is still quite easy. The VAs, if you understand Chinese, are also actually good.
And the gameplay is fun.

The only thing that is bothering me is the chibi-style.

You can see that the art is actually good:

gamersky_01small_02_2016629164A2A.jpg

584_2016052552608492.jpg

But I personally dont like that chibi-artstyle.

I actually would love to have more taiwanese/chinese games from bigger devs on Steam. There are actually some quite nice ones in development, that non-chinese speakers dont even know about.
This one for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXnWan6QHvc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom