• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asgaro

MS employees after realizing they now have access to the largest botnet ever created...

xoks1Kk.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
geez I still remember when you were funny
But Salsa, Half-Life 3 reference.

Next you'll be telling me I can't make any the cake is a lie jokes.

Also, since you guys like animated stuff, I thought you'd appreciate this animation I found:

yNjYSgE.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
New thread this way ->

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
even as a free ps+ game i was glad it just stopped working. what a terrible game this was

Yeah I'm playing the patched version and this port is a hot mess. It's bringing my PS4 to its knees. It makes the system super loud, there's slowdown and pop up, but most annoying is that the game seemingly crashes if you switch big areas. Yesterday I wanted to solve a puzzle in the first area, and I got a black screen.

Now after looking it up, it gets better: the game isn't crashing, but actually loading that area. I left it on for 5 minutes and bam, area loaded. I'm trying to re-enter a different area now and same thing. Every time I'm hoping my save didn't get corrupted.

So it's been about 1 week since the latest version of Enhanced Steam went live that included the crowd-sourced surveys on each game's store page on Steam. I thought some people here might be interested in the data that was gathered in the first week, so here goes.

Overall, there have been 1,060 survey responses from a total of 728 users for 320 different games. A very solid first week! Here are a few breakdowns I thought might be interesting:

There are a few numbers here that stand out to me:
  • I thought the number of "Fixed at 30fps or less" would be much higher, especially in the wake of the recent TotalBiscuit FPS Police drama. Obviously this only covers about 10% of the games currently on Steam, but I still expected TB and his followers to rush in and fill out a bunch of surveys for games locked at 30fps or lower. Maybe not enough time has passed to really get an accurate reading on this.
  • 20% of people who responded had a monitor resolution less than 1920x1080, or a non-widescreen resolution. I guess it's not too surprising though, considering in the Steam Hardware Survey results, almost 27% of people were rocking 1366 x 768. Most likely this number includes most laptop users.
  • Only 11% reported that they weren't happy with the game's performance. This means that, given the sample size we have available, people are mostly happy with the overall performance of PC games. Since a lot of people usually only fill things like this out to complain, we would expect to see these numbers flipped. The fact that so high a percentage are reporting having a good experience with various game's performance is a really good thing.
  • Although it's not graphed above, about 8% of people reported that the particular game they were answering for did not have built-in graphics options. Obviously that's a huge red flag when it comes to evaluating a particular game's performance capabilities if the developer doesn't care enough to include an in-game menu.
Obviously as more data becomes available, the more insights we'll be able to draw from that data. And of course, it will also help keep shoppers informed of things they (hopefully) will want to know about before purchasing a game.

If you haven't already, I would encourage everyone reading this to log in to Steam using Enhanced Steam and fill out at least one performance survey for the last game you've played. Thanks again to everyone who is contributing!
Just came around reading this. Very interesting. Investing in 4K at the moment really is not clever. Too less adoption means devs won't be putting much effort into games being "4K-friendly" as in good performance at non-enthusiast levels of hardware. I believe it will change pretty fast over the next 5 years though but with most monitors and PC hardware being focused at 1080p waiting a couple years looks to be the solid choice.

Personally I'd be fine with 720p tbh.
-------------
Oops. Was meant to be posted in the new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom