• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

RIP rowdy piper man

21_nada.gif

wtf he was just 61

Shadownet

Banned
thanks, now I'm even more confused to what Warren is. Anyway, trying to downsample some games from 4K to 1080p. What program am I suppose to use?

Gedosato?

fantomena

Do I need to start backing up files before I do this, just in case, or is it rather benign and safe that way?

If you just will do a simple and quick upgrade, you will keep all the stuff. So far nothing has been lost for me. But you get an option to upgrade or do a clean install (lose everything).

Corpekata

Banned
Looks like Nuuvem has Tembo the Badass Elephant for like 6 bucks, but needs to be VPNed to buy at the site. Don't mind if I Do.

Edit: Or maybe not, looks like it might be region locked.

Multiplayer dropped is a real bummer :(

Wasn't even aware it had multiplayer. And multiplayer designed for WiiU? Yeah, I'm probably not going to be sad it's gone.

One thing that wasn't quite so easy to bring over is the local multiplayer mode where one player used the GamePad to spawn zombies while other players fought them on the TV. This mode has been cut from Zombi, as Ubisoft opted to "focus on the solo mode, as [it] believe this is where the ZombiU experience really lay."

Yeah, local MP only, required use of the wii game pad for separate screens. Not going to be missed by me.
They probably could get it working on Sony platforms, cause Vita, but it's not worth the resource investment.

MRORANGE

PC Gaming Threads has been updated, I know I've missed a few, so give a shout to add any missing threads that should be there.

dtOIaGc.jpg

What is this thread about?
A reference list of all relevant PC threads and communities that are active on GAF.

How do I contribute?
You can submit or update a PC thread by posting it here (avoid gaming OT's, mod threads for a particular game are okay).

--------------- LIST OF THREADS ---------------

PC Hardware & Overclocking
I Need a New PC! 2014 Part 3
2014-2015 Gaming Laptop Thread
Race Your PC Thread 2 of Voiding Warranties
Mechanical keyboards
120/144Hz Thread of Lightboosting
Official Headphone Thread
TechSupportGAF Thread of No Case Too Big, No Case Too Small
Alienware X51 Thread
21:9 Gaming Thread | That cinematic feel
Mayflash Wii U Pro Controller Adapter review
Alienware Alpha first impressions and benchmarks
Portable PC Gaming Thread | Play Crysis on a $99 tablet
Comfy Couch PC Gaming Thread | Cheap streaming is now here
Surface Pro Gaming

PC Controllers
How to use your XBO controller as a PC controller
How to use your PS4 controller as a PC controller
How to use your PS3 controller as a PC controller
How to use your Wii U Pro Padc controller as a PC controller

Mods and Enhancements
PC Performance Threads - A big thanks to blackMamba1187
GeDoSaTo - Downsampling from Infinity and Beyond!
Dark Souls internal rendering resolution fix (DSfix)
Downsampling, a simple method for making your pc-games look better.
Downsampling for AMD Cards
iCEnhancer 3.0 for GTA4
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mod Discussion and News
Crysis mods/tweaks to make the game look maximum eyecandy
Fallout 3 and New Vegas Mod Discussion
TESIV: Oblivion Mod Guide
FXAA to all DX9 games
The Silent Hill 2, 3 & 4 PC thread - A guide to a better HD Collection
Source Mod Megathread
DOOM Franchise Community Thread
Deadly Premonition PC Fix
Vampire: The Masquerade Mods
Running PC games at 30Hz
Watch Dogs original graphical effects
Triple buffering: "Why we love it"
The Witcher 2: Extreme Quality Flora Mod
Crysis 2 - PC modding and tweaking
Deus Ex New Vision Graphical Overhaul
A3D (Aureal) wrapper
OpenRA C&C remaster project
The Thief Collection: Tweaks
Final Fantasy XIII resolution unlocking (GeDoSaTo plugin) released - pre-alpha
MGS Ground Zeroes editing tools released
Deus Ex Revision
DOA5:LR PC Modding Thread
GTA V modding thread
ReShade OT

Software & Tools
Let's Talk About Recording / Streaming Software
Pro Tips for PC Gaming (like a Pro)
Most useful PC applications
Mumble - Making Ventrilo and TeamSpeak Obsolete
Open Broadcaster Software: Stream Games Live on PC
LIMELIGHT | Stream PC games

Emulation
Dolphin - Emulating Wii and Gamecube Games
PS2 Emulation with PCSX2 - share your game configs!
PPSSPP Emulation and Discussion Thread
RETROARCH - The all-in-one emulator
Nintendo DS Games in HD
RPCS3 Is A New PS3 Emulator, Still In Early Stage, Boots Commercial Game
Supermodel (Sega Model 3 Arcade Emulator)
3DS Emulator Citra Boots First Commercial Game
EmulationStation | A pretty UI for launching your games
Xenia | Xbox 360 Emulator, News & Updates
64DD emulation coming soon

Gaming Communities & Recommendations
Indie Games 2015
Introduction to MOBAs
PC Racing Sim Thread
Point n Click Adventure GAF 2015
Life of MMo gamers
Recommended GOG Games
"I'm new to PC games, what should I get..."

Screenshots and User Content
2015 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread
The NeoGAF Screenshotter's Compendium Thread
2013 PC Bullshot thread
2014 Game GIF Thread
Show off that gaming PC
Show us the inside of your PC
2014 Screenshot Art Thread of Artificial Concept Art
PC Low Settings Screenshot Thread
Emulator Screenshot Thread

Steam
Steam Thread
STEAM News Thread - Read rules before posting
Steam Trading | Games/Cards/Keys/Money/Items
GAF Steam ID List
Steam Greenlight
Custom Steam icons for Grid View
Idle Master Thread - Get your Steam Trading Cards the Easy Way
Neogaf Games Night |OT| We actually play games
Enhanced Steam Discussion Thread - Ideas, Suggestions, and Feedback
SteamOS
Steam Family Sharing Thread
GAF Steamgifts Group Invite Thread
Steam In-home Streaming Beta
Steam Universe (beta) videos, impressions

Other Digital Download Services
GOG Thread
Green Man Gaming Thread
Origin Thread
Ubisoft Uplay Thread
GFWL Thread

Development Scene
Oculus Rift - Dev Kit Discussion
Oculus Rift Development Kit 2
Indie Game Development Discussion Thread
GAF Learns - Unity [Game Engine]
Unreal Engine 4 Thread
Unreal Tournament 4 Pre-Alpha builds -> You can play and test it for free.
Resident Evil 4 HD Project - Progress Thread
Fan made Shenmue HD project
Let's build a Sega Dreamcast game from scratch - Breakout

Misc*
Giving Away Steam Keys with ModBot
Official DD (Steam/D2D/etc) gifting thread of equal global distribution
Kickstarter Thread - 2015
Indie Bundle Thread
The Comprehensive PC Games Sales Figures Thread.
Playfire Rewards Discussion
Frame Latency - Why you should stop talking about FPS
Nvidia Shield Thread
NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet
Old computer games you're pretty sure no one but you ever played
RPG Maker Game Competition
10 years later - Resident Evil Outbreak 1 & 2 are back online!
PC gamers: What is the most comfortable desk chair ever?
Steam 1998 to 2015 Million Seller
Raspberry Pi Retro Gaming thread
Past 10 Years of Intel Processors Compared

Eila

I wonder how much Zombi will cost. It looks kind of a cheap port, but knowing Ubi they'll try to charge $40 for this 2012 game. Although thinking more calmly Sony are charging that much for a 2010 remaster.

Deitus

Finally decided to start playing Dishonored, and it has not been going well for me so far.

The game is freezing up on me pretty frequently. It's not during any intense scenes or anything, it happens on the title screen, or any time I try to access the menu. It's usually able to recover, but it sometimes takes 2 full minutes to do so, and if I alt tab or pull up the task manager, then the game will never recover. It even managed to crash Windows once, and I got to see the Windows 8 version of the blue screen (a frowny emoticon) that I've only ever seen once before now.

Also, I'm getting weird audio issues. The ambient sounds seems to cut in and out at times. Also, NPC dialogue seems to have weird timing issues. Sometimes an NPC will walk up to another and pause for several seconds, and then when the first NPC starts talking the second NPC will begin to respond while he is still talking (to things he hasn't even said yet). Other times dialogue will halt partway through a sentence, only to resume several seconds later, picking up where it left off.

I'll give it another chance later, but I have no patience for this right now.

Dsyndrome

Spare hidden object game.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dsyndrome, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Grim Legends: Song of the Dark Swan -- MB-98CA3A61DA619896 - Taken by Diedac. 4 entrants total.

t1438384601z1.png

Backlogger

Sigh, I don't think I should have waited until the last day to buy a Batman AK Nvidia key.

Been on vacation all week and haven't been gaming. Feeling a bit of an itch to play something new when I get home

Sigh, I don't think I should have waited until the last day to buy a Batman AK Nvidia key.

Been on vacation all week and haven't been gaming. Feeling a bit of an itch to play something new when I get home

They must have been going for like $1 apiece. When will Witcher 3 and MGSV expire?

Top of page reminder: Age of Wonders 3 is currently 75% off. Buy it or else you may be banished to the void.
Did you make the mistake of installing the trojan horse called Windows 10?

THAN GET ON YA TIN FOIL HAT AND WRAP UP YOUR COMPUTER IN ALUMINIUM FOIL
Aside from looking like a crazy person's crazy collage, this is sorta terrifying.

MS y

derExperte

I'm looking at that picture posted above. Bottom right corner.

That option for ads doesn't exist in my W10 and the whole picture comes across like the usual FUD you get during every single Windows release. I've turned off some stuff and that's that.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ys heavy metal is always amazing. Origins is good too.

L.O.R.D

ummm, that's weird
i just found there is family view icon on my steam account,,,and i didn't activate it
tried to enter the pin number but it was wrong
after i refreshed its gone
it was also in the client

pahamrick

how are patches coming out? Before, it would be days before the PC version got the same patch as the consoles did

Late on this, but balance patches still seem to come out days after the console versions. Last one might have been quicker, but I couldn't tell. I don't play much online, mainly local 1v1.

That hidden object bundle is gonna make me some busy guy...in a hat. So without further ado, here are impressions for Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan:

The story: Kind of confusing. No, really. So people who read my impressions (lol) know that I rag on Artifex Mundi for not naming protagonists or sometimes other characters. Well they really outdid themselves this time: NOBODY HAS A NAME. They're all titles. There are two kings of different kingdoms, a princess, a queen (who somehow is the king's mother...? I don't even know how monarchy works) and seven princes or some shit. So what should have been a clear-cut story made you go back and try to puzzle out who's who. One other thing: there appears to be no connection to Grim Legends 1 whatsoever. Even the protagonists appear to be different (you now play a nameless healer instead of a nameless princess.) So go ahead and play them out of order if you want. But the general synopsis is you're a healer, you're called to cure the princess' muteness, and while you're examining her she's knocked out, her baby is kidnapped, and they find evidence of dark magic in the room where the unconscious princess is. So NATURALLY, they accuse the princess of being the practitioner (as opposed to, you know, the VICTIM) and lock her up. So you have to prove her innocence as well as figure out who did her wrong ... and what the fuck exactly is going on. It's predictable, though. Just saying.

The game does have a bonus chapter set up into two mini-chapters. The first mini-chapter is adorable and totally worth playing through the whole game just to get to. It was delightful. The second half isn't as good since it's quite similar to the main game, but it's okay.

The dialogue and voices: I didn't notice any major typos, so that's good. And it's written well enough for a story based on two separate fairy tales. The voices are once again hit and miss. The protagonist did alright, and some of the minor characters really shine (I especially liked the voice of the stone gate) but the voices of the children are cringeworthy. They sound like Polish children who don't even know English but rather learned the dialogue phonetically. Where was the voice director to tell that kid that "ginormous" isn't pronounced with a hard "g"? Or that "birthday" has a hard "th" and doesn't sound like "bird-day?" I mean, I get it, these games aren't the highest of budgets, but if you can't get good voice actors, or even people who can properly speak English, just do text - nobody's really gonna fault you.

The gameplay: this is one of AM's least hidden-objecty hidden-object games. There were only a couple of "classic" hidden object scenes where you find a list of written things. The rest were done by image, or "find 6 of this and 6 of that" or "find 12 of this." Some of their previous games got the balance perfect - I'm not sure why they're mucking about with the formula now. On the plus side, they've removed mahjong or dominoes as alternative puzzles. So no replayability for those extra achievements, hooray! (...I can't believe I'm cheering lack of replayability, but that mode was pretty bad.) Puzzles were a bit more challenging in this one, including the dreaded block-sliding puzzle, and the ever infamous "move these nodes around so no lines are crossed." I also appreciated the potionmaking logic puzzle near the end - it wasn't tough, but it wasn't as brain-dead as the other potionmaking puzzles which is literally "follow this set of instructions."

The length: My profile will read 5.1 hours, but let's take away the half hour where I left it on and ate, so it's gonna be about 4 1/2 hours. That's including the bonus chapter. Not terribly bad.

The verdict: While I would have liked more classic hidden-object scenes in a hidden-object game, this was still a good time and well worth getting in the bundle. Play it if you got it. And if you don't got it...why not get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom