• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iCEnhancer 3.0 for GTA4 just dropped!

Vuze

Originally posted these in the Steam thread, here are some quick screenshots I took.
i5P4a7FmE0Cew.jpg

ibhCTdS8hV9EpR.jpg

iImrwiXumBYVq.jpg

A few more: http://minus.com/mtXmoijFrfYhn

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Can't wait to see what this guys will do with GTAV.

robotrock

Banned
Yo, I can play this without downgrading my Steam copy of GTA4 at all? I may finally get around to playing the episodes if so.

Foffy

Banned
How demanding is this? I was considering replaying all of the 3D GTA games to get prepare for the updated release of GTA V, and I was considering to purchase GTA IV on PC. One of the things I disliked even when it launched on 360 was that horrible dithering, which this mod seems to have removed.

Also, on an unrelated note but slightly related, did the PC versions of GTA III and VC ever get camera mods for the vehicles? It's such a pain to play them compared to SA, LCS, and VCS..I'd rebuy those too if there was something.

EDIT: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaas, they did. Probably gonna get the GTA Collection on Steam.

diaspora

This held me back from the previous version, i even downgraded and it never work...
It'll work now that Dax fixed it. Performance might be better with 1.0.4.0, but it works. If you want to use 1.0.4.0 but have reservations about downgrading, he's releasing a full installer later.

diaspora

I never got the appeal of this. Everything just looks blurry and gross in the screenshots and video posted.
Enhanced lighting, colour correction, and better textures are a good thing. The blurriness and softness is the choice of the modder and is fully optional.

Just installed it....not changed anything in the .ini file, but nice smooth performance with everything maxed out in the GTAIV config screen:

1.040 (Steam downgrade) (also installed the high res road textures): getting a nice solid 30fps (with V-sync).

jOW.png

kOW.png

Will have to play with the colour settings, get a bit more saturation in there..

Just installed it....not changed anything in the .ini file, but nice smooth performance with everything maxed out in the GTAIV config screen:

1.040 (Steam downgrade) (also installed the high res road textures): getting a nice solid 30fps (with V-sync).

jOW.png

kOW.png

Will have to play with the colour settings, get a bit more saturation in there..

What's your specs?

HRose

Banned
What sort of hardware would you need to run this comfortably, say at 1080p60?

You can't. Even on a 4770k there are places where it struggle and drops a lot.

It's not hardware issue, it's a shit engine.

It's also full of glitches like flickering textures on many textures, some of which even show in the video that is made to minimize these things and focus on the cool-looking stuff.

EDIT: and when I say it runs like shit I mean the vanilla version, unmodded.

By the way, 1.0.4.0 has much worse shadows than the most recent version, and in my tests it didn't perform any better either.

iCEnhancer never looked that good imo, there are better configs

yeah..but ENB runs like dogshit as soon as you turn on the nice stuff, it's great for 'screenshots' but actually playing the game isn't really on unless you can tolerate 15-20fps on even the most powerful PC.

Can't wait to see what this guys will do with GTAV.

Well we first have to convince Mr. Boris Vorontsov to create an ENB binary for GTAV first. After all, iCEnhancer is just a custom preset for ENB.

I remember that Borris got so frustrated with GTA IV that he stopped developing updates for it, which is why you typically need to roll back your version of GTA IV before you can properly use ENB. Hopefully won't deter him from the sequel though.

Sad that Boris has said that he won't do any ENB for GTA V if it's DX11 and x64.

Well... there's that too. Makes sense, seeing as he's only ever done ENB for DX9 games.

UrbanRats

Any significant changes? I already played through the game with ICE (modified, since he pushed the saturation way too high in later releases) before and it was great, but i don't think i want to reinstall the game again for a couple of tweaks.

Was impressive before, not so much now.

Yeah. Icenhancer really just a jazzed up ENB. IMO the last good release was 1.25, after that, it went to shit. Those screens in the OP look like shit too. Depth of field is like glaucoma levels of blur

this was mind blowing a few years back, but now it can't even hold a candle to the games we're seeing now. its not about the graphics anymore, just look at the animations and geometry.

Soi-Fong

I know people like to rile on Watch Dogs, but the posted screenshots don't look that much better than the PC version of Watch Dogs w/ the recently released "TheWorse" mod w/ Maldo textures.

I mean I guess it helps I'm playing at 1440p for Watch Dogs, but even still..

I can't take anyone seriously who says this looks bad. (Screenshot I took from my computer)

wTW.png

Did they fix the nighttime lighting? I remember in the last iCEnhancer driving at night was like being blind, every light source only lasted a short ways

This is a godsend to me, I never could get the mod to work previously even with downgrading my copy on Steam.

Should tide me over until GTAV gets a release date.

I'm tempted to reinstall Episodes from Libery City (I already have an ENB installed and of course I was too lazy to back up the original files) for this.

On a slightly related note, has anyone else noticed that (vanilla) EFLC has worst performance than (vanilla) GTA4? I used to be able to run (fully updated) GTA4 at max settings and keep 45-60 fps. With EFLC, I can barely maintain 30 at max settings.

Well, time to replay GTA4.

I've said that several times after seeing some mods.

However, each time I realize that even the prettiest mods can't make that GTA4 fun for more than a couple of hours. I did try a zombie apocalypse mod that was kind of novel, though.

Played the game for 15 min before being bored to death again. I'm so done with this game. I still like to see what modders can come up with though

Not using any mods besides Ice3.0. Those trees :/
I like the lighting though, "natural" and hazy, good job

diaspora

yeah..but ENB runs like dogshit as soon as you turn on the nice stuff, it's great for 'screenshots' but actually playing the game isn't really on unless you can tolerate 15-20fps on even the most powerful PC.

I'm enjoying 45~ on an i5 and AMD"s last gen 7970.

Top Bottom