• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iCEnhancer 3.0 for GTA4 just dropped!

diaspora

Any significant changes? I already played through the game with ICE (modified, since he pushed the saturation way too high in later releases) before and it was great, but i don't think i want to reinstall the game again for a couple of tweaks.

It works on 1.0.7.0 and has basically near parity with the 1.0.4.0 version which wasn't the case before iirc.

The Llama

So I've never modded GTA4 before, what do you guys suggest? I have a good computer (4790k @ 4.4GHz and an R9 290) but I don't know where to start!

robgrab

I've heard for best results you should downgrade GTA IV to 1.0.4.0. and there's guides everywhere explaining how to do that. I played through the main game years ago on the Xbox360 so now I only want to play EFLC. Is there a guide on how to only downgrade the standalaone EFLC? Also, is it really worth downgrading? What's the difference?

I've heard for best results you should downgrade GTA IV to 1.0.4.0. and there's guides everywhere explaining how to do that. I played through the main game years ago on the Xbox360 so now I only want to play EFLC. Is there a guide on how to only downgrade the standalaone EFLC? Also, is it really worth downgrading? What's the difference?

EFLC can't be downgraded, the lowest version is something like 1.1.0.0, which is still well above the ideal mod versions, to match the later versions of IV. They're all currently on 1.1.2.0 or something like that, but only IV can be downgraded.

robgrab

I just installed version 3.0 and it's MUCH brighter than 2.1. I even did a clean install of EFLC and installed 3.0 but the lighting was exactly the same. Below are some comparison shots of what 3.0 looks like compared to 2.1. The brighter shots are using 3.0. Any ideas?

14743324181_d0687a215d_h_d.jpg

14766359553_2e59ebfde0_h_d.jpg

14559859439_fb7655420b_h_d.jpg

14559859479_df3f772fa3_h_d.jpg

Danneee

I've said that several times after seeing some mods.

However, each time I realize that even the prettiest mods can't make that GTA4 fun for more than a couple of hours. I did try a zombie apocalypse mod that was kind of novel, though.

Seeing as GTA4 was my favourite game last gen I'll have no issues enjoying it once more:)

I know people like to rile on Watch Dogs, but the posted screenshots don't look that much better than the PC version of Watch Dogs w/ the recently released "TheWorse" mod w/ Maldo textures.

I mean the fact you even see fit to compare it to Watch Dogs (a game released in 2014 vs a game released in 2008) speaks volumes about the mod don't you think?...

Yeah it looks nice but I hate modding GTA4 how Rockstar never fixed the performance issues due to it being a crappy port.

And then if you add to many HD cars the game starts bugging out.

At least with Skyrim the modders fixed the memory problems.

Kemal86

Ugh. I've clearly done something wrong because this made the game look like total ass for me.

No shadows of any kind. No depth of field. It's like I have infinite perfectly clear view distance, but that just means I see all the ugly low-LOD parts of the city a million miles off.

I copied/replaced everything in the main GTA folder, started the included ENB executable, then started the game.

Also, at night, the entire world is literally pitch black.

edit: fixed it, i'm an idiot.

astonish

How bad are these with EFLC? I know 1.0.4 was best with the old ones, but I never played the two DLC/EFLC so it might be worth doing them with this installed.

Foffy

Banned
Are there any notable texture/model mods to enhance the game? Stuff that doesn't replace the fictional GTA stuff with real world counterparts, preferably.

robgrab

There are plenty of great texture mods. Ultimate Textures v2, Lord Neophytes Textures, and DKT70's Liberty City Textures seem to be the most popular. I'm not sure what the difference is or which textures are redundant. It would be nice if there was a gallery comparing all three. Realize installing the HD textures will further diminish performance. I saw a 10fps drop after installing them.

Here's a few shots from Times Square.

robgrab

How bad are these with EFLC? I know 1.0.4 was best with the old ones, but I never played the two DLC/EFLC so it might be worth doing them with this installed.

One thing I've discovered so far about iCEnhancer 3 and EFLC is it adds AO and Skylighting, which weren't supported in 2.1.

Top Bottom