• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I thought you'll only be disqualified if you input more than one game in the same pm, but if you send multiple pms to modbot, only the first counts and the others would simply be ignored? Am I misremembering this?
Btw, great giveaway! Not entering anything, though :)

you totally should enter, seeing as it's not free for all, everyone should enter! I insist
I don't feel like nuking a lot and making other giveaway, please understand (><)

Why are online Steam Wallet gift cards not yet a thing in the Steam Store?

That's really odd, I must say

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Don't believe you, in your case I think it's because it would take the fun away for you to just get a game for free, you like to chase the best price posible. :)

Haha, the thrill of the hunt!

Why are online Steam Wallet gift cards not yet a thing in the Steam Store?

Steam Wallet trading is coming, which is more or less the same thing (and in fact digital gift cards would be a logical extension of that). I wouldn't expect it until after the additional currency support is implemented, though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
769703063079761734.gif

o_O I need a new rig

Just another thing to add the the list that Valve has neglected to update or integrate into Steam.
The personality cult of GabeN is losing steam and Valve needs somebody who actively handles both the buyers and the seller if they want Steam to be the marketplace of digital goods as GabeN imagines it.
So far Steam is just a vending machine in Japan that sells all the interesting stuff when you put in the right amount of money but if there is ever an error you'll end up with a bottle of wasabi soda in the middle of nowhere instead of your coke.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
You sure you don't mean the one on the left is curry flavoured? You know, with the stereotype Indian Sikh dude on the bottle :p

Additionally, the one on the left is curry flavored.

...yes?

The unfortunate side effect of being a virtual monopoly is that their is no impetus for Valve to drastically improve it's services.

*I appreciate the pun Mavromatis.

Arthea

If you aren't part of some anti-fat campaign. You can have your plain water, you tasteless person.

but but but... cool spring water taste is amazing! It's taste of life, if you don't mind me being poetic so early in the morning

edited:
this leads me to
STEAM | July 2014 - cool glass of water on a hot summer day

I'll stop now (><)

but but but... cool spring water taste is amazing! It's taste of life, if you don't mind me being poetic so early in the morning

Its nearly noon and the romanticism era passed. Cool spring water doesn't taste, it is just water. Mineral water on the other hand is great. But I assume our water definitions aren't compatible.

30:

ibatgI5jw43rjO.gif

60:

iNjO4hEblaxGm.gif

I really don't wanna dwell on this but it's not an eye thing people. It's literally impossible to not notice the difference. "not caring" is another thing entirely and it's one thing to discuss that in those threads but when people say they LITERALLY CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE then I just think they're being dumb

Oh wow, that really is a big difference.

edited:
this leads me to
STEAM | July 2014 - cool glass of water on a hot summer day

I'll stop now (><)

STEAM | July 2014 - Where your cool glass of water on a hot summer day turns into Steam
Don't stop the pun!

_hekk05

Banned
His movespeed is the same walking on the ground or in water, and his walking posture/movements don't change. It's like water resistance doesn't exist.

Immersion broken pls fix

JaseC

I'm confused, was there another YDKJ game that wasn't part of the collection? I think that I have all 9 of those games and they were the only ones I could see when I bought them.

Yeah. It was published by Nordic (formerly THQ), whereas the more recent ones are published by Jackbox itself, so I'd guess that the publishing contract expired.

Knurek

His movespeed is the same walking on the ground or in water, and his walking posture/movements don't change. It's like water resistance doesn't exist.

Immersion broken pls fix

To be fair, he does seem to be levitating a bit in that gif.
Which is weird, water seems to be deep enough for bodies to float, but Geralt is doing Jesus bit here...

SSPssp

To be fair, he does seem to be levitating a bit in that gif.
Which is weird, water seems to be deep enough for bodies to float, but Geralt is doing Jesus bit here...

The water itself still looks great. I hope they fix it, the animals there also don't seem to be affecting the water properly.

(Are those people?)

JaseC

Nooooooooooooo! I must have that!

Anyway, thanks for the reply. Hopefully a trader has it for a good price.

I don't like your chances seeing as it was pulled almost a month ago (just after it was 75% off, in fact). Anybody who still has a copy likely knows it's worth more than its previous asking price.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Heya guys, I'll likely throw up a new Indie Game recommendations thread for the steam sale, like this one:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621131

Charlequin suggested making a new thread and focussing on more recent games (last ~1 year plus some classics) instead of taking mentioning the old Indies again for the 10th time. Since you are the main audience for the thread, whats your take on this?

Heya guys, I'll likely throw up a new Indie Game recommendations thread for the steam sale, like this one:

Charlequin suggested making a new thread and focussing on more recent games (last ~1 year plus some classics) instead of taking mentioning the old Indies again for the 10th time. Since you are the main audience for the thread, whats your take on this?

I would prefer a list of actual indie "games" instead of all this new greenlight fodder. Reviews are a plus to me but at this point I'd be glad to just separate the games from shit.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I would prefer a list of actual indie "games" instead of all this new greenlight fodder. Reviews are a plus to me but at this point I'd be glad to just separate the games from shit.

Hm? Which games are you talking about? The list would be initially curated by me anyway, and I guess you'd trust me in not including too much worthless stuff in there :p

My question relates more to the question whether it should be a list with more recent games, or whether you'd still want to see a full list of Indies, even the old ones linked in the thread above.

JaseC

People will mention the "classics" regardless so I don't think it's a bad idea for the OP to focus on more recent releases.

I think you should do a mix of both.

Maybe a first post with the highlights of newly released recommended indies, and then do the rest as usual, because some people might be new to Steam and not necesarily know about them.

The first post might only be like a list of the new titles without reviews and put the actual review in the alphabetically ordered list like you have done previously.

Hm? Which games are you talking about? The list would be initially curated by me anyway, and I guess you'd trust me in not including too much worthless stuff in there :p

My question relates more to the question whether it should be a list with more recent games, or whether you'd still want to see a full list of Indies, even the old ones linked in the thread above.

I'm talking about the games you wouldn't dare name. Recent games are more "newsworthy" but during sales I'm more about acquiring games and less about their recentness. So value precedes quality during sale. That's why I want a safe list, where buying anything from that list can be considered a good move. Also, Toma, please don't stop reminding us the indie threads. With all the bundles running around I'm clueless.

Also let's not forget that Summer Sale is the time when Steam gets most of the newcomers so most people would be unaware of the classics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom