• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
dat tex murphy bundle's price on GOG

Any chance it will be discounted on Steam during summer sale even though it just came out over here? *sighs*

I bought it at GOG, even if it goes to 80% off would be more expensive for me with their 1€ = 1$ shit.

Amazing games, can't wait to replay them.

Godan

Managed to pick up Batman: Arkham City for steamat the weekend for dirt cheap and loving it so far. I played Arkham Asylum on the 360 about a year ago and liked that but City is just so much better.

How soon is it till the Steam summer sale? Do we even know when it will be?

Managed to pick up Batman: Arkham City for steamat the weekend for dirt cheap and loving it so far. I played Arkham Asylum on the 360 about a year ago and liked that but City is just so much better.

Some Thursday?

Someone needs to explain to me why highschool dreams is always on gmg's top 10 list

Hormones. Also bees and waifus.

Tizoc

3 days to go

Not sure, so far its in-store only, was posted up on reddit and hotukdeals, and someone found this on Facebook (its Currys normal marketing design, so legit in that sense):
1606232_693143797389848_7801528939277310818_o.jpg

The_Monk

contrast is 3.75 bucks on gamersgate

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CONTRAST/contrast

edit: is it worth playing? I like the art style

The game is a bit short and the puzzles felt a bit uninspired. There could be done so much more using the light and shadows mechanics but it ended up being quite limited.

The story is something that did not grabbed my attention and I felt it was a bit depressing. The ending might give you a "what, that's it?" feeling while the setting is really nice and it's one that is not portrayed often in videogames.

Just finished Broken Sword 2 (thanks again!) and while it wasn't as good as the first one - big shoes to fill for any game - I still really liked it. I wanted to know, were 3 and 4 bad even on a storyline level in addition to the graphics? If I skipped straight to 5, would I be missing out on any callbacks/references?

Anteater

The game is a bit short and the puzzles felt a bit uninspired. There could be done so much more using the light and shadows mechanics but it ended up being quite limited.

The story is something that did not grabbed my attention and I felt to be a bit depressing. The ending might give you a "what, that's it?" feeling while the setting is really nice and it's one that is not portrayed often in videogames.

thanks for the post, hmm I'll think about it some more, but yeah the setting seems to be the major selling point for me

Tizoc

Just finished Broken Sword 2 (thanks again!) and while it wasn't as good as the first one - big shoes to fill for any game - I still really liked it. I wanted to know, were 3 and 4 bad even on a storyline level in addition to the graphics? If I skipped straight to 5, would I be missing out on any callbacks/references?

4 should be avoided I hear, 3 is passable IIRC.

Jump straight to 5, as even if you've never played a BS game before, you can still enjoy it.

Lain

contrast is 3.75 bucks on gamersgate

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-CONTRAST/contrast

edit: is it worth playing? I like the art style

For 3.75 is totally worth playing. The game is short and when I played it it had a certain lack of polish as far as collisions go, which could end helping or hindering in the platforming, but it has a lot of style, a female protagonist for those that ask for variety in main characters and some interesting puzzles.

BS3 had a story that went more towards the weird but still nice. It took some time to get used to the 3d.
BS4, well, I didn't even finish that, and I'm a Broken Sword fan. So, yeah, skip that.

Also get the 2.5, it is not bad for a fan made game.

Tizoc

Wait shouldn't it be £? So £40 for £30 would be something like $75 for $50 (approximation). Surely they will region lock it...

Hence why I wrote over $60, was too lazy to do a proper conversion ;)
Shame it'd be region locked though.

Hope that key trader'll be available later tonight, want to get Transformers so I can put up the discussion thread.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not sure, so far its in-store only, was posted up on reddit and hotukdeals, and someone found this on Facebook (its Currys normal marketing design, so legit in that sense):

I wish Steam Wallet "cards" were available at, say, Woolworths here in Aus, because all EB's done since it began selling them is increase the price.

Anteater

The game is so very forgettable that I did all of it, with 100% achievements, in one single 3 hour play session and I don't remember anything about it besides the vaudeville aesthetic. Unremarkable, somewhat janky game.

For 3.75 is totally worth playing. The game is short and when I played it it had a certain lack of polish as far as collisions go, which could end helping or hindering in the platforming, but it has a lot of style, a female protagonist for those that ask for variety in main characters and some interesting puzzles.

No problem. :) You can check the OT in case you are interested in more opinions:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=711937

bought >_>

Knurek

BS3 had a story that went more towards the weird but still nice. It took some time to get used to the 3d.
BS4, well, I didn't even finish that, and I'm a Broken Sword fan. So, yeah, skip that.

Yeah, 4 is terrible, not worth anyone's time.
3 is not that bad, but for the love of god, play with a gamepad.

Tizoc

That's slightly too intense, it won't work. (><)
...but we need to hammer it in the fools! You can ask in the JoJo threads for a GIF as I'm sure one is floating around that you can use. Everytime I see that scene 'WAIT FOR THE DAILY DEALS' is the only caption I can think of for it.

Is the GIF from a recent trailer for the FSN anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom