• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's hoping for another great Sega port this month

image.php

Anno

Okay, I changed my stance today. DS4 support on Steam is glorious.

I can finally play Guild Wars 2 with a controller. I'm so happy.

You could beforehand through some hacked in tools. Should be somewhere on the first page of the GW2 community OT if you want to see if that's a better option. People in the guild loved it.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Ah, DiRT 4 will probably be my first game purchase of 2017!

Wow, I haven't bought any games yet in 2017......o_O

You could beforehand through some hacked in tools. Should be somewhere on the first page of the GW2 community OT if you want to see if that's a better option. People in the guild loved it.

Yeah, I think I came across such guides back then, but it was too complicated for me at the time, and it needs pinnacle which is a paid app. Maybe I remember it wrong though. With DS4 on Steam, all I needed to do was load another user's configuration and tinker it a bit for my liking.

I love the smell of a new thread :3 by the way I'm going to start playing fallout 4 soon, any mods recommendations?

The usual unofficial patch, some HD texture mods, and maybe the full dialogue interface mod.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I had no idea Lock's Quest was getting a port. One of my favourite action-tower defence games in the 2000s. Glad it will get another chance for some more love.

Aaron D.

The most enjoyable Steam games for me don't even have a marketing budget so they aren't even well known until they release, much less shown at E3.

This has been my trend for the past number of years.

Kinda hard to get excited about E3 when your fave franchises are Crusader Kings and Farming Simulator, LOL.

But the beauty is that you can just kick back with a bag of popcorn and watch the sparks fly, as the devout tear each others throats out Roman Colosseum style.

It's gloriously entertaining from a detached perspective.

Popstar

Games are getting big nowadays.

Time to upgrade my data drive from 4TB to 6 or 8 TB. Any recommendations?

I was thinking of getting an SSHD so whatever I'm currently playing gets a little speed boost but they seem to only be available in 4TB and smaller sizes. I'm using a SFF case so thermals are a concern.

Why is that sometimes I can play with BPM overlay and some other times I couldn't?

It only connects to the regular non-BPM overlay instead of BPM one. I'm using a DS4. The controller does work with my configurations, but the PS button press won't show the BPM overlay while this happens. Without the BPM overlay, my screenshot with a gamepad config won't work.

Edit: fixed by running Steam as administrator. Phew!!

Anno

Lmao my wife flew out to BFE Iowa only to find out she forgot to renew her drivers license when she went to pick up her rental car. I guess the corn fields have her now.

Games are getting big nowadays.

Time to upgrade my data drive from 4TB to 6 or 8 TB. Any recommendations?

I was thinking of getting an SSHD so whatever I'm currently playing gets a little speed boost but they seem to only be available in 4TB and smaller sizes. I'm using a SFF case so thermals are a concern.

I've heard caution from using SSD with open world games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Stump what happened to creepy ass Zeliard? I havent seen him in ages :/

He's still alive as he was last online on Steam a day-and-a-half ago, but he hasn't played a game since roughly the last time he logged on to GAF (~two weeks ago) and hasn't posted since November.

FLD

They really should rebrand Uplay instead. It's such a dumb name, they could at least give it something cool-sounding like Origin or Steam if they're going to stick with that damn client for 10+ years.

They must realize that renaming it now would be a waste of time since it'll be renamed again to Vivendi Launcher before the end of the year anyway.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
They really should rebrand Uplay instead. It's such a dumb name, they could at least give it something cool-sounding like Origin or Steam if they're going to stick with that damn client for 10+ years.

call it Ubiquitous

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What sort of caution? What are the problems?

I assume he's referring to SSDs having an endurance rating that's measured in total bytes written, but even if you're using one as a games drive, you're not going to hit that number in a relatively short amount of time. My SSD, which I use for both Windows and games, is more than two years old and still has a wee bit less than two-thirds of its 75TB rating remaining.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A Story About My Uncle -- MB-0CD0876357B41FE8 - Taken by laserlaser. 1 entrants total.
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut -- MB-19BC65F29D3463F8 - Taken by Madventure. 1 entrants total.
Probably the best survival horror game ever made
Headlander -- MB-1677B1CD85F31DA7 - Taken by KenOD. 4 entrants total.
Headlander. Headlander.
Kromaia -- MB-551946920D878FCC - Taken by gaiadyne. 3 entrants total.
Luxor 2 HD -- MB-B180F8AEC21C090D - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
Make it indie -- MB-A0D70E69BA0C1D92 - Taken by ThingontheFloor. 1 entrants total.
NORTH -- MB-1FB178315803BA50 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 2 entrants total.
Poncho -- MB-57DC265109408D99 - Taken by madjoki. 1 entrants total.
Ratz Instagib -- MB-5FCA10306A299194 - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
Retention -- MB-81A341586D00C38B - Taken by jgalat. 1 entrants total.
The Marvellous Miss Take -- MB-75191931D95DF353 - Taken by FLD. 3 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-5E4454B49F1639A2 - Taken by Shalashaska. 1 entrants total.
Like old, hard platformers like Ghosts n Goblins? Play the hell out of this. Very rewarding
Westerado Double Barreled -- MB-7AA5CEFA0F783BEC - Taken by longlivegaming. 2 entrants total.

t1496290176z1.png

Backlogger

So I keep having to get 100% achievements on Rocket League. The hardest one this time was getting 18 goals in Dropshot which I kind of suck at.

jOkApAR.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom