• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I assume he's referring to SSDs having an endurance rating that's measured in total bytes written, but even if you're using one as a games drive, you're not going to hit that number in a short amount of time. My SSD, which I use for both Windows and games, is more than two years old and still has a wee bit less than two-thirds of its 75TB rating remaining.

Or ever -- the 75TB rating is probably about 1/10th the actual lifespan of the drive. I don't have an explanation for why drive ratings are so low rated.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Or ever -- the 75TB rating is probably about 1/10th the actual lifespan of the drive. I don't have an explanation for why drive ratings are so low rated.

Ah, interesting. I figured the ratings were lowballs, but not that low, haha.

Planned obsolescence?

Possibly, though I can't imagine deceptively low endurance ratings being an effective tactic as most people look into the health of their drive only when it begins to exhibit problems.

People still mash in Tekken games.
lRkaK0C.jpg
Ah, yes June.

I somehow managed to sell 10 dollars worth of junk my inventory to get me up to 30 dollars and just go ahead and buy Tekken 7. Since I been looking forward to it for the past 2 years even though money is tight.

I haven't been playing too much on Steam except strangely getting back into Paladins lately. Might go for a lot of point rewards in June for Shadowverse though.

Popstar

So a SSHD shouldn't be a problem then.

Now just to see if I can find one on a >4TB drive. Either that or maybe set up "Intel Smart Response" on a partition of the SSD I use for my OS drive.

already pre loaded my copy of tekken 7, looking forward to playing it this weekend.

I'd be down for green mirror if the art didn't look so ugly tbh :/

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Ah, interesting. I figured the ratings were lowballs, but not that low, haha.

Possibly, though I can't imagine deceptively low endurance ratings being an effective tactic as most people look into the health of their drive only when it begins to exhibit problems.

I obsessively do.
Part of having anxiety, I guess.

Randos

Email check for these two keys:
Magicka + 2 DLC -
4089 GHOST WITHIN -

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

GooCubelets -- MB-71519035D834C007
Let's Draw -- MB-EE77AE843C912575 - Taken by septicore
Minion Masters -- MB-89674930C6E1EB29 - Taken by Miniboss
Monsti -- MB-BF305C9DA78DD01C - Taken by Loptous

Teggy

I think after KOTOR 2 I need to give Pillars of Eternity another try. I doubt I'll ever be great at RPGs but I'm getting better!

I have a feeling I'll never figure out Baldur's Gate, though, with those D&D rules. I wonder if I can jump back into Dragon Age at Deep Roads after being away from it so long and finish it.

Ludens

Banned
Do you think it's possible to see Quantum Break in Monthly considering it's a Microsoft published game?

Also what if MG Survive launches with Chapter 3 bundled with?

Madventure

I think after KOTOR 2 I need to give Pillars of Eternity another try. I doubt I'll ever be great at RPGs but I'm getting better!

I have a feeling I'll never figure out Baldur's Gate, though, with those D&D rules. I wonder if I can jump back into Dragon Age at Deep Roads after being away from it so long and finish it.

If you want to just roll through Dragon Age: Origins just play it as a Mage and melt through everything, it's hilariously unbalanced

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Do you think it's possible to see Quantum Break in Monthly considering it's a Microsoft published game?

certainly not as a game revealed later, if anything it would be the "showcase" game for whatever month it was in.

Uzzy

Steam store page for Dies irae is up:

Oh neat, another game about a famous composer. Eternal Sonata was really quite lovely, so I'm looking forward to a game featuring Verdi.

Tekken 7 is looking packed. The lack of crossplay is still frustrating, as it just limits the lifespan of any fighting game on PC, but hopefully Tekken 7 is big enough to keep a decent sized player base. At least I get Nina Williams in this game.

Does anyone know if The Walking Dead Season 3 has a save import thing like S2?

...I mean, I know it'll be near-meaningless, but they always are and I like the consistency.

As an aside, The Witcher 2 and 3 are some of the best games at save imports, because they don't rely on world-changing alterations to make it feel like a contiguous story; just carry over some wealth, items, and alter a few characters or quests and call it square. It felt more impactful and significant than Mass Effect's save imports, which were a cornerstone of the series, and by ME3 an absolute afterthought in the game's design.
If you want to just roll through Dragon Age: Origins just play it as a Mage and melt through everything, it's hilariously unbalanced

Rogues are pretty bananas too. They can get a defense rating or w/e so high that nothing can reliably hit them.

DAO's kinda badly designed. I guess it was a portent for the sequels.

Parsnip

Why is that sometimes I can play with BPM overlay and some other times I couldn't?

It only connects to the regular non-BPM overlay instead of BPM one. I'm using a DS4. The controller does work with my configurations, but the PS button press won't show the BPM overlay while this happens. Without the BPM overlay, my screenshot with a gamepad config won't work.

Edit: fixed by running Steam as administrator. Phew!!
Generally you probably shouldn't need to run Steam as admin, I don't think. Are you starting dualshock before or after you start the game?

zkylon

zkylewd
does anyone do the cells games on their heads

i can't help but resort to photoshop

Rv9PmSx.png
(level solution inside)

the 25-35s have been really enjoyable. i feel like some stuff is not explained super well and all these numbers always make me feel like there might be multiple solutions but when it works it works

zkylon

zkylewd
People still mash in Tekken games.

Ah, yes June.

I somehow managed to sell 10 dollars worth of junk my inventory to get me up to 30 dollars and just go ahead and buy Tekken 7. Since I been looking forward to it for the past 2 years even though money is tight.

I haven't been playing too much on Steam except strangely getting back into Paladins lately. Might go for a lot of point rewards in June for Shadowverse though.

yay mako

Parsnip

Rv9PmSx.png
(level solution inside)
Always in my head with the old ones anyway.
Crosscells was a bit of a weird one though. Still didn't use photoshop but took some notes on a phone because my memory is garbage.

Monooboe

(level solution inside)

the 25-35s have been really enjoyable. i feel like some stuff is not explained super well and all these numbers always make me feel like there might be multiple solutions but when it works it works

I usually do it in my head, try and memorize while I sometimes just guess when stuck. In the past games with the bigger puzzles I maybe sometimes took a picture of an almost finished stage because I just wanted it done.XD

Lode Runner Legacy store page is up. About time we get a Lode Runner on Steam. And if anyone has ever wanted to play it in first person, that's now possible.

Tizoc

Oh neat, another game about a famous composer. Eternal Sonata was really quite lovely, so I'm looking forward to a game featuring Verdi.

Tekken 7 is looking packed. The lack of crossplay is still frustrating, as it just limits the lifespan of any fighting game on PC, but hopefully Tekken 7 is big enough to keep a decent sized player base. At least I get Nina Williams in this game.

No Team Battle Mode though.

Monooboe

The game I want the most to be in the humble monthly is Caveblazers, seems unlikely but would be pretty sweet. Need that risk of rain fix.

Rv9PmSx.png
(level solution inside)

I usually do them in my head, but have broken out a pen and paper for several in the second half on CrossCells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom