• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2017 - MASH ALL THE BUTTONS 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Ready for the prequel pit, shaka brah.

I'm cautiously excited for a prequel to Life is Strange. More Life is Strange should be a good thing, though I wonder if this new studio will be able to keep up the quality writing from the first game. At the very least, we'll get another great OST.

Hektor

Ready for the prequel pit, shaka brah.

I'm cautiously excited for a prequel to Life is Strange. More Life is Strange should be a good thing, though I wonder if this new studio will be able to keep up the quality writing from the first game. At the very least, we'll get another great OST.

I wouldn't say the first game had quality writing even if I liked it a lot.

I really don't see a lot of positives in it bring developed by someone else and I think a prequel to lis is totes unessecary, but I'm certainly looking forward to see more of best bae Chloe

It's not like don't nod/ square didn't mess up the first season themselves with the deadline shit

But screwing something up yourself still sends a different message than just giving it to someone else entirely. The latter implies to me that they rather wanna bank on the cats popularity

Aaron D.

ubisoft_new_2017_logo_2400.0.jpg

I like it.

Has a clean look and I dig the subtle, logo-matching treatment of the O in Ubisoft.

That's some 80's-ass 80's.

Glorious.

There's something special about seeing a treatment that's 100% authentic to the time.

We see 80's iconography aped so much in modern games trying to be evocative of that era. But that's the real deal right there.

Deques

I like it.

Has a clean look and I dig the subtle, logo-matching treatment of the O in Ubisoft.

That's some 80's-ass 80's.

Glorious.

There's something special about seeing a treatment that's 100% authentic to the time.

We see 80's iconography aped so much in modern games trying to be evocative of that era. But that's the real deal right there.

The "B" in the 80's Ubisoft logo looks like boobs

Arthea

Ha, I dont even want Stellaris but summer is coming and there are a lot of indie games I want so I am hoping a few will be in here. I think I have a gambling problem.

you definitely have some problem... if not for Stellaris, I wouldn't have bought it!

Id get the bundle and stelaris but then Id have to spend 200 dollars to get all the dlc in the next few years. Thats right, have to. I dont like knowing there are game functions I cant access.

I specifically only mash in fighting games. If I lose, the game is bullshit or the other person cheated.

Tizoc went hard in the game spotlights this month. Damn.

Vlad

i feel specially in crosscells where it's like the roguelike of cells games it's pretty useful to just do it on photoshop which is kinda lame

i really don't like that it makes you lose the entire level. in hexcells i'd make sure to get through every level with no mistakes but by being able to mess up i'd learn and process while here it's impossible to do so

so yeah lately i've been just doing these levels on photoshop and having a better time that way

also kudos to whoever manages to do it without photoshop or paper

you people have good brains

I've still got about three or four puzzles left in CrossCells, but I don't remember anything requiring too much thinking ahead so far. Usually it's just looking at one row and seeing if you can eliminate anything, or combining a row clue with an area clue or something.

I do agree that the game kicking you out when you make a mistake is annoying. What annoys me more is how it also essentially gives away what that tile is. Accidentally remove a tile that should have been there? Well, now you know it's part of the solution. I'd much prefer it if the game just let you continue after making an error and not tell you that you were wrong in the first place. Eventually, you'll realize that you goofed and have to work out where, like when you make a mistake in Picross.

But Stellaris is a grand strategy game, not RTS game

Is it sad that I dont even know the difference in terms of game play? I guess one is macro and one is micro management. Either way not for me personally, my mind is too simple to keep track of everything.

Deques

Is it sad that I dont even know the difference in terms of game play? I guess one is macro and one is micro management. Either way not for me personally, my mind is too simple to keep track of everything.

It's not sad at all, I just wanted to point out that you got the genre wrong. >.<

Wok

We are still waiting for:
  • Furi
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Subnautica
to appear in a monthly bundle.

Rime is cracked...

from one of the posts...

"In Rime that ugly creature went out of control - how do you like three fucking hundreds of THOUSANDS calls to "triggers"
during initial game launch and savegame loading? Did you wonder why game loading times are so long - here is the answer :)
In previous games like Sgw3, Nier, Prey there were only about 1000 "triggers" called, so we have x300 here.
Next - 300,000 called "triggers" were just warmup for Denuvo, after 30 minutes of gameplay it became 2 fucking MILLIONS of
called "triggers". Protection now calls about 10-30 triggers every second during actual gameplay, slowing game down.
In previous games like Sgw3, Nier, Prey there were only about 1-2 "triggers" called every several minutes during gameplay, so do the math.
Don't forget that triggers is under VM and heavily obfuscated, which obviously does not improve perfomance"

Aaron D.

Id get the bundle and stelaris but then Id have to spend 200 dollars to get all the dlc in the next few years. Thats right, have to. I dont like knowing there are game functions I cant access.

I personally wait until a "games as a service" has it's hooks in me before diving in with both feet.

I'm all about CK2 & Stellaris, so I'm happy to support the dev as they continue to expand these titles.

But EU4, well it just never stuck with me. I started nabbing all the expansions just 'cause I enjoy the genre so much. But then I reached a point where I had to stop and ask myself wth I was doing. I was buying DLC for a game that I wasn't actively playing. No bueno.

Now I just give myself the room to try the vanilla version of big, deep games with no strings attached. If I find myself investing a couple dozens hours or more, then I'll start thinking about expanding out into the dlc. But not a minute before.

Regginator

Rime is cracked...

from one of the posts...

"In Rime that ugly creature went out of control - how do you like three fucking hundreds of THOUSANDS calls to "triggers"
during initial game launch and savegame loading? Did you wonder why game loading times are so long - here is the answer :)
In previous games like Sgw3, Nier, Prey there were only about 1000 "triggers" called, so we have x300 here.
Next - 300,000 called "triggers" were just warmup for Denuvo, after 30 minutes of gameplay it became 2 fucking MILLIONS of
called "triggers". Protection now calls about 10-30 triggers every second during actual gameplay, slowing game down.
In previous games like Sgw3, Nier, Prey there were only about 1-2 "triggers" called every several minutes during gameplay, so do the math.
Don't forget that triggers is under VM and heavily obfuscated, which obviously does not improve perfomance"

I wanna see the receipts... because if this true and it impacts performance this heavily, Denuvo has no right to exist. Or better yet, publishers have no right to use this on their software, and customers are fucking idiots if they continue supporting this.

NeoRaider

Rime is cracked...

from one of the posts...

Disgusting. What publishers/developers are ready to do just to protect their product...
And i am 100% sure that Denuvo didn't help this game at all.

My point is that, it would have been better for them to focus on releasing their game on GOG and other platforms, rather than ruining performance for the buyers.
Games like this need WOM marketing. Ppl to play, experience the game and talk about it. Again i am 100% sure that decision to add Denuvo only did this game harm.

Saty

London (June 1, 2017) – SQUARE ENIX®, one of the most influential providers of videogame entertainment in the world with award-winning and best-selling franchises such as FINAL FANTASY® and TOMB RAIDER®, today revealed a  new, external development partnership with People Can Fly, the Warsaw-based studio which developed BULLETSTORM and co-developed GEARS OF WAR: JUDGMENT. The partnership will see the companies work together to develop a new high-end original title for console and PC.
http://press.na.square-enix.com/rel...n-fly-announce-new-external-development-partn

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wanna see the receipts... because if this true and it impacts performance this heavily, Denuvo has no right to exist. Or better yet, publishers have no right to use this on their software, and customers are fucking idiots if they continue supporting this.

While I agree, I still think the biggest part of the problem is that (unless you're using Enhanced Steam) the awareness the average consumer has that the game even includes Denuvo is too low. A small yellow box nearly halfway down the page and below the purchase options isn't enough to inform the average customer. The average customer is unlikely to even know what Denuvo is or why it's bad.

The more Denuvo gets a bad rap with consumers, the more likely it is for them to restructure their company, rebrand their product, and start the cycle anew.

Unfortunately I'm not sure this is a battle our side is likely to win as long as consumers continue to open their wallets without researching the things they're purchasing. Obviously we have refunds now, which helps tremendously because people who have performance issues (perhaps caused by millions of Denuvo calls during a single session) can get their money back. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Rime is cracked...

from one of the posts...

If true that's really awful, seems like security checks done in the worst way possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom